Harrisonburg, VA Travel Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harrisonburg, VA Travel Plans

For those who are going to VA, what is everyone's itinerary? Fly, fan bus?, car.... What are the best deals jacks fans are seeing out there on the World Wide Web for travel? Are fans staying in Harrisonburg or elsewhere?

Re: Harrisonburg, VA Travel Plans

Originally posted by Chris dsu View Post
    For those who are going to VA, what is everyone's itinerary? Fly, fan bus?, car.... What are the best deals jacks fans are seeing out there on the World Wide Web for travel? Are fans staying in Harrisonburg or elsewhere?
    Group of 10 from Yankton. Flying out of Omaha to Reagan National Friday morning. Driving to and staying in Harrisonburg, VA Friday and Saturday. Planning to meet at O'Neills Pub on Friday night to watch the other semifinal game. If you're in the area please join us. Making contact with some JMU fans for tailgating on Saturday.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Fly into Richmond VA. A much easier airport to fly into than DC even though the drive is a bit further to JMU.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        Group of 10 from Yankton. Flying out of Omaha to Reagan National Friday morning. Driving to and staying in Harrisonburg, VA Friday and Saturday. Planning to meet at O'Neills Pub on Friday night to watch the other semifinal game. If you're in the area please join us. Making contact with some JMU fans for tailgating on Saturday.
        Awesome. Have fun!
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Got this info from the Alumni Association:

"I actually have a pregame gathering booked at O’Neill’s on Saturday from 1:00 – 4:00 pm. We are working on sending out an email but please let your group know right away."
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

My wife and I booked our tickets tonight. Is there going to be a Jacks tailgating spot at the stadium? Sorry if this was asked already.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
              My wife and I booked our tickets tonight. Is there going to be a Jacks tailgating spot at the stadium? Sorry if this was asked already.
              I don't believe anything is formally planned at the Stadium. O'Neill's grill is very close to the stadium as I understand it. I know some of our fans have reached out to JMU fans about joining them for the tailgate.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                Fly into Richmond VA. A much easier airport to fly into than DC even though the drive is a bit further to JMU.
                By the book DC is about 10-15 minutes closer but depending on traffic Richmond is usually quicker - so I agree. Richmond much easier to get in and out of as well.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDukes View Post
                  By the book DC is about 10-15 minutes closer but depending on traffic Richmond is usually quicker - so I agree. Richmond much easier to get in and out of as well.
                  Small airport every time if the price is even somewhat close!! I love airports like Sioux Falls!

Comment

I just received the Alumni Association e-mail about the pregame at O'Neill's:

Pregame Gathering Harrisonburg, VA
                    FCS Semifinal Playoff Game against James Madison
                    Join fellow SDSU Alumni and Friends on Saturday, December 16th in Harrisonburg, VA to get Jacked before for the FCS semifinal playoff game against James Madison! We will be gathering at O’Neill’s Grill in Harrisonburg which is only a 7 minute drive from Bridgeforth Stadium. This event is absolutely free to attend but you will be responsible for your own food and beverage. Hope to see you there. Go Jacks!
                    Saturday, December 16, 2017
                    1:00 PM - 4:00 PM (EST)

O’Neill’s Grill
                    221 University Blvd.
                    Harrisonburg, VA 22801
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                      Small airport every time if the price is even somewhat close!! I love airports like Sioux Falls!
                      Oh man I managed a building in Sioux City and would fly in and out of Sioux Falls. I've had too many beers to remember at that little bar/restaurant there. Great local stuff.

Safe travels to anyone coming - if you want a younger/boozier tailgate to stop by DM me - we are happy to share the liquor and beer we have. We usually are lighter on food and take advantage of our very generous neighbors. Besides you gotta focus on the goal at hand.

Comment

I find Reagan National generally pretty easy to get in and out of. Guess we will find out how it is on a Friday at 3 pm........

Comment

You'll be okay, JackMD. Nowadays, Congress leaves on Thursday and doesn't return until Tuesday. In the old days, Friday afternoons could be a madhouse out of National.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            I find Reagan National generally pretty easy to get in and out of. Guess we will find out how it is on a Friday at 3 pm........
                            Trying to head west on 66 at that time will be a parking lot, though. Are you able to audible to Dulles or even Richmond?

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDukes View Post
                              Trying to head west on 66 at that time will be a parking lot, though. Are you able to audible to Dulles or even Richmond?
                              We anticipated that. I don't think there will be any changing the plan.

Comment

Working...
                              X