Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Know your foe - James Madison University

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    The team benefits either way. Even if they struggle and lose, the staff and players can use that to build on for the future. If they win, I think that it will show that they belong on the same level as JMU and NDSU.

This year whomever wins the natty is going to have earned it. There are 4 legit teams left.
    Well if the team benefits by losing then they've already benefited. Either you want more or you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinJackrabbit View Post
      Well if the team benefits by losing then they've already benefited. Either you want more or you don't.
      I'm guessing all 4 teams want more.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        I'm guessing all 4 teams want more.
        Someone will probably play like they don't give a ****. Even in the semi's. Could be wrong.

Comment

Wanted to give my perspective. Now what Im going to say may not matter in this specific game, but why I think Sdsu ultimately wins. Look at the last few seasons. Sdsu in 15 loses in 1st round. 2016- Quarterfinals to the Bison. You bring back a bunch of talent and weapons. This year, still alive and another step further. Im seeing a trend. Losing last year to the Bison may be the straw that broke the camels back. You want to be a championship team, you have to beat the Bison (not saying this to be cocky, but saying it truthly) Bet the team had the same thoughts in the offseason, which is why I think you win this weekend. Wont go as far to say youll win it all, but think you win at least one more. Just my perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by ndsubison1 View Post
            Wanted to give my perspective. Now what Im going to say may not matter in this specific game, but why I think Sdsu ultimately wins. Look at the last few seasons. Sdsu in 15 loses in 1st round. 2016- Quarterfinals to the Bison. You bring back a bunch of talent and weapons. This year, still alive and another step further. Im seeing a trend. Losing last year to the Bison may be the straw that broke the camels back. You want to be a championship team, you have to beat the Bison (not saying this to be cocky, but saying it truthly) Bet the team had the same thoughts in the offseason, which is why I think you win this weekend. Wont go as far to say youll win it all, but think you win at least one more. Just my perspective.
            Did we not hand you your arse on Nov 4th? Is that worth something?

J

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              Did we not hand you your arse on Nov 4th? Is that worth something?

J
              Pretty sure he is complimenting us on taking steps and that he sees this years team as focused more so than any Jacks team he's seen in recent years. But it is all about interpretation...I'm going to choose to read the bison fans post as a positive comment towards our team.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                Pretty sure he is complimenting us on taking steps and that he sees this years team as focused more so than any Jacks team he's seen in recent years. But it is all about interpretation...I'm going to choose to read the bison fans post as a positive comment towards our team.
                I took it as condescending. But I remember nearly game since 1964. Perhaps I should purge my memory bank.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  I took it as condescending. But I remember nearly game since 1964. Perhaps I should purge my memory bank.
                  lol...yeah it's tough. There's a long history of losing to them in that span. Complete purge of your memory bank not necessary, I would hate for you to forget "lather, rinse, repeat..."

Comment

Craig Hailey is a moron, but he just tweeted that he was told (I'm assuming by Stig) that Goedert is expected to start, but will likely be at 80-90% health. Craig Hailey also started the rumor that seeded teams from the same conference couldn't end up on the same side of the bracket (they didn't this year, but that wasn't because of a rule change), so he's about 80-90% full of ****.
                    Count me in the camp that expects 86 to play Saturday. Who knows how healthy he'll be though. It wouldn't shock me if the game plan is to use him as a decoy more this game than in the past, especially of he isn't at full strength.

Comment

• Re: Know your foe - James Madison University

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                      Craig Hailey is a moron, but he just tweeted that he was told (I'm assuming by Stig) that Goedert is expected to start, but will likely be at 80-90% health. Craig Hailey also started the rumor that seeded teams from the same conference couldn't end up on the same side of the bracket (they didn't this year, but that wasn't because of a rule change), so he's about 80-90% full of ****.
                      Count me in the camp that expects 86 to play Saturday. Who knows how healthy he'll be though. It wouldn't shock me if the game plan is to use him as a decoy more this game than in the past, especially of he isn't at full strength.
                      i think there is ZERO chance he doesn't play. and i'm sure with some good painkillers he'll be fine and as integral a part of your game plan as always.

I fully expect our coaches are preparing for you guys as if nothing has occurred.

Comment

80-90%? I'm pretty sure that is what he has been all year. Stig said he had a hip pointer earlier this season so I'm sure he hasn't been 100% much.

I expect him to play and run over some JMU LBs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                          I agree with Jackedforlife subject to the following condition: what does "truthly" mean? Could be some kind of stealth, North Dakota slang term. It's not in my dictionary [Just having some fun with ya, ndsubison1. ] I translate our Bison friend's statement "...not saying this to be cocky, but saying it truthly." to mean: ...I'm not trying to give Jacks fans any grief...but these are the facts as I see them.

Nidaros: You need to find new renters for that space!

While mindful of the 1-0 each week mantra, I think the Jacks and Bison may settle that issue for this year at least because on Saturday, SDSU 35, JMU 10.

Comment

Agree 100% on Haley being a moron. Dude is the WORST FCS beat writer.

Comment

Originally posted by Duke Dawg View Post
                              i think there is ZERO chance he doesn't play. and i'm sure with some good painkillers he'll be fine and as integral a part of your game plan as always.

I fully expect our coaches are preparing for you guys as if nothing has occurred.
                              I agree. I think that he will play. The question I have now is how will they use him? Will he be just a decoy or will he be the Bomber
                              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by DukesGoingFor3 View Post
                                Another JMU fan here. First, for those traveling to Harrisonburg, I wish you safe travel and hope (except for the outcome of the game) you enjoy your visit.

The comment above is the X factor in our advantage (besides home field, of course). Our coach is a master motivator and I will be shocked if he will allow the Dukes to make as many mistakes as they did last week against Weber St. Hyper-focused is probably the correct description for this team this week. Admittedly, we were lucky to make as many mistakes as we did and still pull out the win last Friday night. But, that wake up call may have been exactly what this team needed to propel them to two more wins and our 3rd National Championship.

Go Dukes!
                                I watched that game. That wasn't as much a wakeup call as Weber State going into hibernation with three minutes to go. It was a gift. Jacks win by 11

Comment

Working...
                                X