Know your foe - James Madison University

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Know your foe - James Madison University

Look at all the coverage they accumulated this week. Holy smokes!
    http://jmusports.com/news/2017/12/12...ota-state.aspx
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

question for you JRabbits,

how are your special teams? Those are always the X factor in a seemingly even matchup.

under Houston, ours have been spectacular. Many punt returns for TD's, a whole lot of punt blocks, some trick plays and usually excellent coverage and a new freshman Aussie punter who is adept at distance, pinning and even a few rushes for first downs.
      is that a strength of your team? if so, can you pinpoint any particular area?

TIA.

Comment

Originally posted by Duke Dawg View Post
        question for you JRabbits,

how are your special teams? Those are always the X factor in a seemingly even matchup.

under Houston, ours have been spectacular. Many punt returns for TD's, a whole lot of punt blocks, some trick plays and usually excellent coverage and a new freshman Aussie punter who is adept at distance, pinning and even a few rushes for first downs.
        is that a strength of your team? if so, can you pinpoint any particular area?

TIA.
        Strong as of late, but shaky early on. Freshman kick returner is good. Field goal kicker is good. Punter is solid. Punt returner basically just fair catches it. Our coverage was questionable early in the year, but has been good recently.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          Strong as of late, but shaky early on. Freshman kick returner is good. Field goal kicker is good. Punter is solid. Punt returner basically just fair catches it. Our coverage was questionable early in the year, but has been good recently.
          Well, our punt returner CALLS for a fair catch...thats when things get interesting...
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Sooo, is there going to be a group outside of the corner they allotted? We have GA seats?

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
              Sooo, is there going to be a group outside of the corner they allotted? We have GA seats?
              I bought a single ticket in Section 213

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                I bought a single ticket in Section 213
                Maybe we can meet up. I'll be the guy in Blue!
                We have GA tickets from some friends that are JMU fans so I don't know where we will end up

Comment

Previous commitments prevent me from going to Harrisonburg (or, indeed, to Frisco) so I'm living in some measure of envy for you lucky Rabbits who are able to make the trip(s).
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Anyone think we'll see a "trick" or Gadget Play this coming week?

We've seen a bit of everything, the flea flicker, the End Around Reverse for Jake... (The Cade Johnson sweeps don't count) And who can forget the TE Reverse Option?

They certainly don't "rely" on them, but it does seem to be part of the normal gameplan, to run about 1 special play a game.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                      Anyone think we'll see a "trick" or Gadget Play this coming week?

We've seen a bit of everything, the flea flicker, the End Around Reverse for Jake... (The Cade Johnson sweeps don't count) And who can forget the TE Reverse Option?

They certainly don't "rely" on them, but it does seem to be part of the normal gameplan, to run about 1 special play a game.
                      I'm sure we will see a new wrinkle or two.

Hopefully it's not Goedert trying to throw out of his own end zone again

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                        I'm sure we will see a new wrinkle or two.

Hopefully it's not Goedert trying to throw out of his own end zone again
                        Interesting Washington Post Article on JMU thought you guys might enjoy reading:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.9d022848960b

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDukes View Post
                          Interesting Washington Post Article on JMU thought you guys might enjoy reading:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.9d022848960b
                          From my vantage point, JMU's perception that they don't get respect is a made-up fabrication to generate internal motivation. Sure, you're going to get people (Bison fans) trying to talk down to you. (What? Only 1 NC? Anyone can do that. True champs win 5 NC's in a row.) But seriously, JMU dominated their conference and won up in Fargo last year. That doesn't happen by accident. They are a legit team. One can debate the strength of the CAA vs MVFC, but that didn't help the bison win last year.

If anything, SHSU is a team that should have a chip on its shoulder. They've become known as the team putting up Madden offensive numbers all season only to get blown out by 40 once they hit real competition in the playoffs. This would light a much bigger fire under me than people questioning the strength of my conference.

Comment

Originally posted by SlapJack View Post
                            From my vantage point, JMU's perception that they don't get respect is a made-up fabrication to generate internal motivation. Sure, you're going to get people (Bison fans) trying to talk down to you. (What? Only 1 NC? Anyone can do that. True champs win 5 NC's in a row.) But seriously, JMU dominated their conference and won up in Fargo last year. That doesn't happen by accident. They are a legit team. One can debate the strength of the CAA vs MVFC, but that didn't help the bison win last year.

If anything, SHSU is a team that should have a chip on its shoulder. They've become known as the team putting up Madden offensive numbers all season only to get blown out by 40 once they hit real competition in the playoffs. This would light a much bigger fire under me than people questioning the strength of my conference.
                            Zimmer has an article about since SDSU plays in the Valley, they won't be intimidated but I don't see anything disrespectable in that article.
                            Mengeralli said that several teams in the Valley could have beat New Hampshire (the way they played last week) and they were 4th in the CAA. He listed four teams in that valley that he thought were better.
                            Farina said that they don't disrespect them and then he lists that they are the champs and have won 25 games in a row.
                            Louscher said that, "we know that they're good but we are pretty good, too".
                            Coach Stig said that it doesn't matter who SDSU plays next because SDSU won to get to where they are and "it's going to be against a great team".

I guess if you want to twist words and look for something you always can but I don't see much there if you read what all they have to say.

My personal opinion is that James Madison would be way up there in the Valley but the next best team would probably be around 4th or so in the Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                              Assuming all goes well with my drive, I hope to lay claim to some seats in Section 5. I figure this'll be close enough to help contribute to the noise created by our fans in Sections 7 and 8 while still having a decent view. Gates open at 3pm EST. If anyone wants me to save some seats in the area, feel free to PM me. Side note: I'm a student, and I plan on sitting in the front row. I'll of course be making a polite ruckus.

Section 6 looks fairly empty, so people could always head over there. It sounds like security has been lax at the other two playoff games.

Comment

Originally posted by SlapJack View Post

Point taken but last year was our 2nd NC this will be our 3rd.

Comment

Working...
                                X