X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Know your foe - James Madison University

Originally posted by Duke Dawg View Post
    JMU fan here !

Looking forward to the game Saturday. It's going to be a great one! This week can't go fast enough.

I think if you asked most neutral FCS followers are the beginning of the year who the best teams were going into 2017, they'd say JMU and NDSU are 1a and 1b with you guys slightly behind. And so here we are. Down to the final four and those 3 are still involved. Looks like most everyone was right.

It's going to be a war and I can see any of the 3 coming out on top in Frisco. It's a shame both of us have to beat the other two to win a title while NDSU got a free pass to the final (let's be real, Soft Houston State ain't gonna win that game. no way, no how)

As of course a non-neutral, I wouldn't read too much into the result last week. We've won 25 in a row for a reason. That doesn't happen by luck or a soft schedule. Our team is very talented, and while not perfect, we are not an easy out for anyone. I think that showed last weekend. Weber thought they had us. But we moved on and they didn't.

I have great respect for your program and am glad to see you guys get over the hump and take the next step to reach the semis. I just hope you don't take ANOTHER step this weekend.

good luck and hope you guys can bring a good group of fans. I think you'll see when you visit JMU while so many of us feel it is a special place and why we have so much pride and passion for our school and team.
    These are valid points but i think it's also fair to say you wouldn't win 25 in a row in the MVFC. Just wouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      I agree with Jackedforlife subject to the following condition: what does "truthly" mean? Could be some kind of stealth, North Dakota slang term. It's not in my dictionary [Just having some fun with ya, ndsubison1. ] I translate our Bison friend's statement "...not saying this to be cocky, but saying it truthly." to mean: ...I'm not trying to give Jacks fans any grief...but these are the facts as I see them.

Nidaros: You need to find new renters for that space!

While mindful of the 1-0 each week mantra, I think the Jacks and Bison may settle that issue for this year at least because on Saturday, SDSU 35, JMU 10.
      If only NDSU world hire an administration that did not believe in athletic fundraising such as before 1962, I might then find renters.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        These are valid points but i think it's also fair to say you wouldn't win 25 in a row in the MVFC. Just wouldn't.
        2-0 versus the MVFC in the last 5 seasons is it supposed to be a good league?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
          Originally posted by DirtyDukes View Post
          2-0 versus the MVFC in the last 5 seasons is it supposed to be a good league?
          Oh god, can we please leave the MVFC/CAAA arguments over on AGS. Pretty please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
            Oh god, can we please leave the MVFC/CAAA arguments over on AGS. Pretty please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Hahaha my bad I couldn't resist.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              Did we not hand you your arse on Nov 4th? Is that worth something?

J
              Wow someone missed my point here. Not surprised though

Comment

Originally posted by ndsubison1 View Post
                Wow someone missed my point here. Not surprised though
                Sorry I missed your point.

Comment

We have our tickets bought via some JMU fans, they're only GA. But other than being stuffed into the corner in the designated Jacks area is there another pocket of fans to look for and maybe slide in with?

Comment

2018 #NFLDraft prospect Dallas Goedert is being limited in @GoJacksFB practice by a lower-leg injury this week, but is expected to start Saturday's #FCSPlayoffs semifinal at James Madison. Healthwise, Goedert is expected to be in the 80- to 90-percent range at kickoff.

tweet by Stats reporter Craig Haily
                    Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Did we not hand you your arse on Nov 4th? Is that worth something?

J
                      I can't get this image to post large enough to read it. I keep getting the message that the file is too large, even though it is pretty normal, I think. The tinypic link seems to open OK, though.

http://i66.tinypic.com/30vf1w9.jpg
                      Attached Files

Comment

Those who go to Virginia for this game may see the erection of a statue for Mike Houston who is the head coach of JMU. He has received a 10 year extension to his coaching contract that will run through 2027. The 25 consecutive victories have convinced those who are leading JMU that Houston is their man! He had a restructure last year to make $375K plus incentives.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by JMUbulldogg View Post
                          I can't get this image to post large enough to read it. I keep getting the message that the file is too large, even though it is pretty normal, I think. The tinypic link seems to open OK, though.

http://i66.tinypic.com/30vf1w9.jpg
                          We hope to end our season doing this. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ndsubison1 View Post
                            Wanted to give my perspective. Now what Im going to say may not matter in this specific game, but why I think Sdsu ultimately wins. Look at the last few seasons. Sdsu in 15 loses in 1st round. 2016- Quarterfinals to the Bison. You bring back a bunch of talent and weapons. This year, still alive and another step further. Im seeing a trend. Losing last year to the Bison may be the straw that broke the camels back. You want to be a championship team, you have to beat the Bison (not saying this to be cocky, but saying it truthly) Bet the team had the same thoughts in the offseason, which is why I think you win this weekend. Wont go as far to say youll win it all, but think you win at least one more. Just my perspective.
                            Has NDSU and SDSU been at the FCS level for 15 years nor does SDSU have that many playoff loses? NDSU may have made 15 appearances counting D2, but SDSU does not have that many appearances and we did play Montana a couple of times in the playoffs and were eliminated so NDSU can not technically take credit for the two Montana eliminations. I am pointing this out since I missed your valid point which was?. Truthly so, I think we have made 7 appearances at the most, and we have yet to get past the bison. That is truthly so. Thank you.

Comment

Has NDSU and SDSU been at the FCS level for 15 years nor does SDSU have that many playoff loses? NDSU may have made 15 appearances counting D2, but SDSU does not have that many appearances and we did play Montana a couple of times in the playoffs and were eliminated so NDSU can not technically take credit for the two Montana eliminations. I am pointing this out since I missed your valid point which was?. Truthly so, I think we have made 7 appearances at the most, and we have yet to get past the bison. That is truthly so. Thank you.
                              He means 2015 season.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                                He means 2015 season.
                                Okay my apologies to ndsubison1. I thought he was saying we lost 15 times in playoffs. His orginal post was a compliment.
                                Last edited by Nidaros; 12-14-2017, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X