Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Know your foe - James Madison University

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    Can we, as a message board, all sign a binding agreement to not be as overbearing and arrogant as NDSU fans when we start winning nattys?
    I'll get back to you after we win the next five or so.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
      I think they mean on the Stig radio show which aired at 6pm.

And yeah he said Goedert had a slight limp last night. He's not in a boot. My bet is he will play unless there's a setback.
      My guess would be if Goedert can walk without crutches, he'll play. If not . . . the Jacks put up 56 on a supposedly good UNH defense without him, so it's not exactly like the cupboard is bare without Godert.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

For those saying Goedert is playing if he can walk need to keep in mind he's looking at a pretty good pay day if he gets drafted in the 1st round.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbe.../#40454b6a16b8

According to this article not one 1st rounder last year got less than $8 million. He may be a team player but jeopardizing that kind of coin to play in a collegiate football game would be foolish.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          For those saying Goedert is playing if he can walk need to keep in mind he's looking at a pretty good pay day if he gets drafted in the 1st round.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbe.../#40454b6a16b8

According to this article not one 1st rounder last year got less than $8 million. He may be a team player but jeopardizing that kind of coin to play in a collegiate football game would be foolish.
          You hear about potential 1st round picks sitting out of meaningless bowl games, not semifinal and potential championship playoff games. If it's an injury where he could jeopardize his draft stock or career, obviously he shouldn't play. We could all tell that he could have and would have played in the last game if he was needed. I would be VERY surprised if he didn't play.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            Did he actually say that Goedert is doubtful on his radio show?
            Yes.

Comment

What are you talking about? His KWSN interview? He said that he's questionable at this point and they'll know more on Wednesday. They asked if it was related to his hip injury earlier and Stig said that it wasn't and that the hip injury was more serious than the injury he has now. Here's a tweet about I from KWSN:

Dallas Goedert will suit up & try to play, but is still questionable for Saturday's semifinal at JMU and may not practice this week, @HolyNutmeg tells KWSN. Lower leg injury, different from hip injury that has bothered the All-America tight end all year.
              I think Tyler said calf muscle during the game. When they showed the trainers working on him during the game, he was laying on his stomach and they looked to be working on the back of his lower leg.

Comment

It's going to sound astoundingly dumb, but I don't think our chances on Saturday rest on Dallas playing or not playing. It's all going to come down to stopping the run.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

The legendary basketball coach Lefty Driesell, who was forced out of Maryland after the Len Bias cocaine-related death, twice coached at JMU. Other notable FB grads who made it to NFL include former Washington receiver Gary Clark, and placekicker Scott Norwood, the Super Bowl wide-right goat for the Buffalo Bills.
                  Don't forget about this guy....

Charles Lewis Haley is a former American football linebacker and defensive end who played in the National Football League for the San Francisco 49ers and the Dallas Cowboys. Wikipedia

Born: January 6, 1964 (age 53), Gladys, Virginia, VA

Hall of Fame induction: 2015

Height: 6′ 6″

Education: James Madison University

Positions: Linebacker, Defensive end

Last edited by JMUbulldogg; 12-11-2017, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Congrats to the Jacks on a great season, especially knocking off the arrogant, smelly buffaloes.

Watched your game against UNH, a solid whippin'!

If we play against the Jacks the way we played against Weber, you will roll us. You are by far the best team we will have played all year.

If we play fairly mistake-free ball and play the way we are capable of, it will be a war.

Thanks for allowing me to post on your board. I look forward to a civil and pleasant discussion this week.

Safe travels to all who are heading to the Valley.

You have the coolest helmet logo in college football!

Comment

Originally posted by bulldogg View Post
                      Congrats to the Jacks on a great season, especially knocking off the arrogant, smelly buffaloes.

Watched your game against UNH, a solid whippin'!

If we play against the Jacks the way we played against Weber, you will roll us. You are by far the best team we will have played all year.

If we play fairly mistake-free ball and play the way we are capable of, it will be a war.

Thanks for allowing me to post on your board. I look forward to a civil and pleasant discussion this week.

Safe travels to all who are heading to the Valley.

You have the coolest helmet logo in college football!
                      Welcome aboard. I will be heading down and staying with some JMU fans. We both agreed that we hope for a well played game where the best team wins without a what'if.

Comment

This should be a great game and an example of why the FCS playoffs are much better than the FBS postseason.
                        Teams earn their way to the title by beating other very good teams. To me it seems like SDSU is on a roll and JMU is losing some steam. The Dukes have now lost 7 starters for the season and the backups simply aren’t as good. The biggest area of concern is the Offensive line where 3 guys have gone down and a 4th got hurt last week (not sure if he will return). If you watched the Weber State game, you saw multiple breakdowns and tackles in JMU’s backfield.

i onky saw SDSU play once this year, but it was a very impressive win over the Bison. They have some very talented players on offense. For those traveling to Harrisonburg, you appear to be in luck. The forecast is calling for a very mild 45 degrees. Let us know if you have any questions.

Comment

If you would have asked me after the Hobo Day debacle, I would have said the Jackrabbits are talented enough to make the playoffs, but are probably going to be an early exit. But Holy Cow have the Jacks been rolling lately! The defense does what it needs to do to win and Taryn has been much more consistent. When he is on, he is deadly. Cover the receivers and he runs, cover the run and Goedert and Wieneke will eat your lunch. If Taryn is off on his passing(and he has a tendency to struggle at times), we are in trouble. I hope we don't get caught up in trying to establish the run like we used to try and do with Zenner against the Bison. If JMU's defense is half as good as I've been reading about we will have to do more than dive right, dive left, throw, punt. I'm excited for this game and even got my super pessimistic wife to check on hotels and such in case the Jackrabbits should pull off the upset. Bets of luck to the Dukes. Go Jacks!
                          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            Yes.
                            That's interesting that he would say questionable at 4 and doubtful at 6. I still don't believe that he won't play.

Comment

That's interesting that he would say questionable at 4 and doubtful at 6. I still don't believe that he won't play.
                              I also listened to the 6pm show on WNAX. The exact language was “doubtful” from Stig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Here's when you know Goedert will play or not....game time. Stig is probably not the best "bluffer" in the world....pretty sure every time he thinks about lying it's an internal struggle of Herculean proportions
                                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Working...
                                X