Know your foe - James Madison University

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Know your foe - James Madison University

Here are my observations from watching JMU's game against Weber State.

I'm most worried about whether or not SDSU can stop JMU's run game. They have a couple good backs and Schor can run some as well. SDSU has played better against the run lately, but has been susceptible in the past.

JMU struggled to get pressure on the QB. This is really bad for JMU. I know they have good DBs, but Christion is going to end up with A LOT of rushing yards if he can't find open receivers. I'm going with over 125 easily.

I'm not that impressed by Schor. If his first read isn't open, he panics a bit. He relies on short throws and scrambling when his first read isn't open, so it will be really important for SDSU to spy him and really jam the short routes. He made a bunch of ill advised throws. He almost gave the game away on the game tying drive and again on the game winning drive. If JMU has to come from behind, SDSU could force Schor into some big mistakes.

If the refs let the DBs get away with contact, it is a big advantage for JMU. If not, they're really going to struggle.

If I were the SDSU coaches, I would dare JMU to beat them deep. Stack the box, cover the short throws and spy Schor to cover him running.

After watching that game, I'll go with a prediction of SDSU 31 - JMU 24.

Comment

Any word on Goedert's injury?

Comment

Originally posted by Kastman4 View Post
        Any word on Goedert's injury?
        I highly doubt that Goedert won't play. Observing him on the sidelines after being held out, he looked like a lion pacing in its cage. In the 2nd half, he was still fully suited up and stalking the sidelines. His body language made it clear that he wanted in the game.

That being said, I haven't heard anything official and don't know if he'll be 90% or 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
          Just took a quick look at this... Lol @ them saying that Weber State played a nearly perfect game in order to beat them. There were multiple times Weber State dropped interceptions. A couple that would have sealed the game for them.
          It does appear that the defending national champs who have won like 25 in a row are confident that are no peers. They do have the short man syndrome when the MVFC is assumed to be a better conference for tough competition.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
            It does appear that the defending national champs who have won like 25 in a row are confident that are no peers. They do have the short man syndrome when the MVFC is assumed to be a better conference for tough competition.
            Well, until someone beats them they don't have any peers.

In their defense, I am getting a little sick of the folks from up north hammering the "MVFC is the best" into people. In fact, if I were a NDSU fan I would be embarrassed at how some of the posters make the rest of the fan base look. JMU has beat everyone they have played so far...including 2 MVFC teams. I would say they might just be pretty good.
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SlapJack View Post
              I highly doubt that Goedert won't play. Observing him on the sidelines after being held out, he looked like a lion pacing in its cage. In the 2nd half, he was still fully suited up and stalking the sidelines. His body language made it clear that he wanted in the game.

That being said, I haven't heard anything official and don't know if he'll be 90% or 100%.
              I saw him trot out and greet weineke as he came off the field after his last TD. He'll be out there.

Comment

Can we, as a message board, all sign a binding agreement to not be as overbearing and arrogant as NDSU fans when we start winning nattys?

Comment

Stig said on the radio that Dallas is doubtful, man that stinks
                  Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
                    Stig playing possum?

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                      Stig playing possum?
                      Absolutely! Not a chance Dallas misses this game. Watching him on the sidelines if it was up to him he would have gone back in. Caged lion is right analogy!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                        Absolutely! Not a chance Dallas misses this game. Watching him on the sidelines if it was up to him he would have gone back in. Caged lion is right analogy!
                        The emotion can either be a blessing or a curse. Sometimes that "caged lion" would try to do too much and end up making mistakes. I don't know if Dallas would be like that, but I think back to him trying to get a few extra yards against YSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
                          What are you talking about? His KWSN interview? He said that he's questionable at this point and they'll know more on Wednesday. They asked if it was related to his hip injury earlier and Stig said that it wasn't and that the hip injury was more serious than the injury he has now. Here's a tweet about I from KWSN:

Dallas Goedert will suit up & try to play, but is still questionable for Saturday's semifinal at JMU and may not practice this week, @HolyNutmeg tells KWSN. Lower leg injury, different from hip injury that has bothered the All-America tight end all year.

Comment

Think this will be a great game- QB run will be big this week I think it wouldn't be crazy to see Taryn carry the ball more then usual.
                            Need Goedert healthy especially with all the man coverage they play.
                            SDSU O will be ready to go, been really impressed with the game plans we have had in the playoffs, we score more then 24 I think it's an SDSU win.
                            How am I supposed to accomplish anything at work this week? Is it Saturday yet?

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                              What are you talking about? His KWSN interview? He said that he's questionable at this point and they'll know more on Wednesday. They asked if it was related to his hip injury earlier and Stig said that it wasn't and that the hip injury was more serious than the injury he has now.
                              I think they mean on the Stig radio show which aired at 6pm.

And yeah he said Goedert had a slight limp last night. He's not in a boot. My bet is he will play unless there's a setback.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                                I think they mean on the Stig radio show which aired at 6pm.

And yeah he said Goedert had a slight limp last night. He's not in a boot. My bet is he will play unless there's a setback.
                                Did he actually say that Goedert is doubtful on his radio show?

Comment

Working...
                                X