Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Quarterfinals

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
    Bring 'em on. The Jacks are rollin' and no one wants any part of the SDSU pain train. **** the Bison. I hope we meet them in Frisco. The first National Championship will feel a bit empty without kicking them in the teeth AGAIN.
    This is the attitude to have. Confident but not arrogant though. Play smart and clean, avoid injuries, and get that trophy to Brookings. Still disappointed Jacks won't get another home game though.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
      I'd tend to agree with you, but I also suspect that if Wofford were to upset the Bison and the Jacks to advance to the championship, we'd have to hear from Bison fans that Wofford got the tough win and that the Jacks couldn't beat the Bison, which we'd be conceding with the "rematch doesn't go well" perspective.

Plus, Wofford apparently runs the triple-option, and I hate that almost as much as I do NDSU ... almost.
      thats one type of offense that would make me nervous. Cal Poly game from last year still PMO.
      Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

What is the rule on holding on a blocked kick when no one has established possession ? I always thought that anything goes until someone recovers the ball. Just like after a pass is tipped, a defensive player can no longer be called for interference or defensive holding.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          What is the rule on holding on a blocked kick when no one has established possession ? I always thought that anything goes until someone recovers the ball. Just like after a pass is tipped, a defensive player can no longer be called for interference or defensive holding.
          Guessing you're referring to Williams (#94) from Weber's State's holding penalty from last night. I think the relevant sections of the rules would Article 4c [pg. #FR-97](because he was not attempting to get at the ball), which also caused Article 3b [ also on pg. FR-97] to govern. If correct, his violation was impeding/obstructing the JMU player trying to get the ball (or eventually the ball carrier once Weber got possession).

What I was curious about was whether the proximity to the ball could influence possession; for example, if the JMU player could've realistically gained possession but for the hold, might they retain possession?

Comment

One of the angles of that play that I saw seemed to show the Weber guy falling down and just happening to impact the kicker. But whatever.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Bring 'em on. The Jacks are rollin' and no one wants any part of the SDSU pain train. **** the Bison. I hope we meet them in Frisco. The first National Championship will feel a bit empty without kicking them in the teeth AGAIN.

I like this post very, very, very much.

Comment

And in another stunning revelation about non-MVFC football (and especially, the Southern Conference): Wofford isn't any good. NDSU up 14-3.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                  And in another stunning revelation about non-MVFC football (and especially, the Southern Conference): Wofford isn't any good. NDSU up 14-3.
                  I wouldn’t say that, but NDSU got the softer side of the bracket for sure. Wofford is selling out on the run and Stick is beating them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                    I wouldn’t say that, but NDSU got the softer side of the bracket for sure. Wofford is selling out on the run and Stick is beating them.

True. That was harsh. NDSU makes people look pretty bad sometimes in the playoffs. As we know.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

SUPERBUNNY
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Wofford down 10 -42 in Bisonville.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          Wofford down 10 -42 in Bisonville.
                          Looks like Wofford "optioned" to not show up
                          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Off to the semis bring on the dukes.
                            Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                              Looks like Wofford "optioned" to not show up
                              Solid work here lol

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
                                Off to the semis bring on the dukes.
                                Congrats to everyone involved with our program on finally taking that “next step”.

However, our princess is in another castle!

Comment

Working...
                                X