Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: SDSU @ WSU

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
    These refs are as big a homers as these announcers. Ridiculous!

Go Rabbits!
    Meh...theres been a couple calls, but their defense had much more to do with it.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I still don’t see the good defense. Communication has been terrible. Guarding the pick and roll has been middle school caliber.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Disappointing collapse by the guys but this is the #6 team in the nation. still.

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
          These refs are as big a homers as these announcers. Ridiculous!

Go Rabbits!
          Every time Daum guards on D or has the ball on offense the anouncers think Daum fouls. they act like its a surprise he hasn't fouled out.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

running out of gas. shots are rimming out now. Missed free throws killed us.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
              Disappointing collapse by the guys but this is the #6 team in the nation. still.
              Much better performance against this top 10 team than the last time.

We played pretty good defense against more athletic team.
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Great effort. Just wore down on defense, cooled off on offense, and missed too many missed free throws.
                This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  Every time Daum guards on D or has the ball on offense the anouncers think Daum fouls. they act like its a surprise he hasn't fouled out.
                  They clearly wanted him to foul out. Meanwhile, Shamet (#11) can fling Key around trying to wrestle the ball away and it's "boys will be boys."

Comment

the effort in this game sure looked better then at the pentagon.

Comment

tough loss. Grab a few more rebounds, make a few more free throws and this game may turn out very different. Didn't get much out of DJJ in the second half.

Comment

The ref's were questionable for sure, but missed free throws and running out of steam killed us in the second half. Also I'm not a big fan of Key, dribbles into the paint with no purpose way to much. Often getting trapped in a double or triple team just like he did on that jump ball. I'd prefer TK at the Pt. with shooters, he's been terrific this year at being physical taking the ball to the hoop, drive and kicks, as well as offensive rebounding. Side note, WSU color commentator was painful to listen to, makes me appreciate Merriam so much more as he can call a terrific unbiased game while still being a big Jackrabbit supporter! Tough loss but I thought the guys handled adversity well (i.e DJJ sitting first half, foul trouble to Telly, Mike, and Theissen, etc.). Also Greg Marshall had a lot of great things to say about us after the game, always liked him. Thinks we'll not only make the tourney but win a game or two.

Comment

Originally posted by MNJack3 View Post
                          Also Greg Marshall had a lot of great things to say about us after the game, always liked him. Thinks we'll not only make the tourney but win a game or two.
                          Looked like he was complimentary when he was shaking TJ's hand. Definitely didn't seem too bad from what I saw

Comment

The loss hurts but that was as entertaining of a game as I've seen in a while. Ultimately the shots that fell in the first half didn't in the final 10:00 - whether they were from the arc, FT line or paint. I agree with those that say we ran out of gas.

This team can clearly be one of our best ever if they get things ironed out. Tonight should help move that effort forward.

Comment

I hope the athletic department posts a few notes about the game and moves on. The USD athletic department is still posting about how they only loss by 20 to Dook.

I am happy with the way the Jacks played for 25 minutes, but the last 15 was a **** show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Wow that was a fantastic game. Thanks to espn3 for carrying it. Great first half, we were lighting it up and playing good enough defense. Then they started pressuring us full court and seemed like we shot a little too early some of the time even though they were decent looks. Seemed to give them a little momentum and then it was out of control. Daum was beast mode good to see him play like that against a top team.

Comment

Working...
                                X