Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Loiusville Cardinals vs SDSU Jackrabbits at Frost

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
    Interesting comments from the Louisville head coach in his post-game presser. Praised our team and the environment to no end. Mentioned that he had applied for our coaching job at the same time AJ was hired, came up to interview, and AJ beat him out for the job. Was very knowledgeable about our success, tradition, etc., even prior to the D1 days.
    He seemed like a great coach. Without doing any sort of check, I would think he is one of the younger coaches in the Top 10. With showings like this one and ND, I can't imagine many top tier teams will make the trip into Frost in the future.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
      AJ stated in his post game interview that her foul trouble kept Myah from having a spectacular game and gave her praise for the impact she did made while she was out there.

I would also comment on the Louisville players being overly whiny with the officials. It wasn't just one or two players either. Top-5 ranked teams just shouldn't do that.
      By the end of the season I wouldn't be surprised one bit for her to be the most dominant player on the team. We would be talking about a win if #12 would have been more efficient. She still hasn't found her rhythm game in and game out.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
        He seemed like a great coach. Without doing any sort of check, I would think he is one of the younger coaches in the Top 10. With showings like this one and ND, I can't imagine many top tier teams will make the trip into Frost in the future.
        I am guessing the women's game differs from the men's game where a road loss is much less of a handicap. Most of the better programs want to help the growth of the women's game where the men's program is more based on surviving the season to make the dance. A road loss to a mid major is the worst. Iowa men will need a great show in conference to heal their early losses.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
          By the end of the season I wouldn't be surprised one bit for her to be the most dominant player on the team. We would be talking about a win if #12 would have been more efficient. She still hasn't found her rhythm game in and game out.
          Miller and Guebert definitely didn't have good shooting games, but I would guess part of that was Louisville looking at film and deciding that they were the two players they had to stop from going off.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
            I am guessing the women's game differs from the men's game where a road loss is much less of a handicap. Most of the better programs want to help the growth of the women's game where the men's program is more based on surviving the season to make the dance. A road loss to a mid major is the worst. Iowa men will need a great show in conference to heal their early losses.
            It's all about $$$$. Major men's teams will not do home and home series because of the lost revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              Miller and Guebert definitely didn't have good shooting games, but I would guess part of that was Louisville looking at film and deciding that they were the two players they had to stop from going off.
              I would agree with this...however with the way that the transfers and freshmen are playing that idea isn't going to last much longer. This team is going to be REALLY dangerous come March. It may be a cart and horse situation, but next year is going to be amazing too I think.
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Macy is 4 for 26 from the field the last two games. She missed a lot of layups yesterday

Comment

She went in too many times when it wasn't really there looking for a foul call. I can't really say it's bad. But we weren't getting the calls. Look at her stats. It is what it is being polite.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                    I would agree with this...however with the way that the transfers and freshmen are playing that idea isn't going to last much longer. This team is going to be REALLY dangerous come March. It may be a cart and horse situation, but next year is going to be amazing too I think.
                    Maddi was covered up most of the game. She made a couple of dumb shots, but otherwise she filled her roll.

Comment

[QUOTE=SoDakJack;323497]I would agree with this...however with the way that the transfers and freshmen are playing that idea isn't going to last much longer. This team is going to be REALLY dangerous come March. It may be a cart and horse situation, but next year is going to be amazing too I think.[/QU

I hope Tagyn figured it out this game. she has the build and the ability to be very good. she just needs to eliminate the dumb plays she is prone to do.

Comment

I just about will feel cheated if we don't get a win against Oklahoma,being as close as we came to beating Louiseville. Forewarned though ,Coale is really hot under the collar with their last three losses,and one would think they wouldn't lose four in a row,but, we are playing really well right now and it's at our place this time.

Not too worried about Macy or Maddy,both will have many games where they are the major contributers,Larson is progressing,coming along fine,shots look better,can make contested layups.She was a big factor in this last win with both the M&M's having a difficult game.

Comment

First, I agree with what people are saying about Louisville's coach; he definitely seems like great guy. Before the game, we caught him singing along and jamming out to the Pep Band. He even came over and shook the director's hand and said how good he thought we were. Pretty good moment for the band. It didn't stop us from heckling him during the game or from playing our horns right at their huddle during timeouts, though.

Second, I swear P5 teams are required to take some class for acting and complaining. Pretty much every "big school" athlete acts bewildered when they get called for something against them. I find it rather annoying but really easy to heckle them with. At least when a Jackrabbit gets called for something, the most they do is ask the ref about more specifically what they did so they can adjust (basically, they don't complain and take it.)
                          Rollin' in my 5.0
                          With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                          Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                            First, I agree with what people are saying about Louisville's coach; he definitely seems like great guy. Before the game, we caught him singing along and jamming out to the Pep Band. He even came over and shook the director's hand and said how good he thought we were. Pretty good moment for the band. It didn't stop us from heckling him during the game or from playing our horns right at their huddle during timeouts, though.

Second, I swear P5 teams are required to take some class for acting and complaining. Pretty much every "big school" athlete acts bewildered when they get called for something against them. I find it rather annoying but really easy to heckle them with. At least when a Jackrabbit gets called for something, the most they do is ask the ref about more specifically what they did so they can adjust (basically, they don't complain and take it.)
                            Walz was an assistant at nebraska from 1997-2001. many husker fans were hoping "they" would open up the checkbook and go after him after Eichorst let Connie Yori go. i'm not sure he looked at anyone else but Amy Williams. while there is a lot of support for williams, fans are cautiously optimistic.

Selland still learning how to stay out of foul trouble at this level. it will come. she does need to stay on the court, though. she is too good. the biggest surprise for me so far is Macy. even free throws are off. yeah, only one free throw, but, i don't remember her missing one as bad as she did sunday. that was pretty ugly for macy. wouldn't surprise me if the "knees" are haunting her a bit----yet. hopefully, fans will see a stronger macy here soon.

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
                              Walz was an assistant at nebraska from 1997-2001. many husker fans were hoping "they" would open up the checkbook and go after him after Eichorst let Connie Yori go. i'm not sure he looked at anyone else but Amy Williams. while there is a lot of support for williams, fans are cautiously optimistic.

Selland still learning how to stay out of foul trouble at this level. it will come. she does need to stay on the court, though. she is too good. the biggest surprise for me so far is Macy. even free throws are off. yeah, only one free throw, but, i don't remember her missing one as bad as she did sunday. that was pretty ugly for macy. wouldn't surprise me if the "knees" are haunting her a bit----yet. hopefully, fans will see a stronger macy here soon.
                              I thought the same,she doesn't seem as "tricky" with the ball on her drives to the bucket as she normally is either,maybe some gremlins bothering her about the knees,that should change the more they get stronger and the more confidence she gets with them,tough thing to get over but she will in her own time period I suspect.One good thing about a player of Macy's caliber is even when she's not exactly 100%, she's still dang good,she'll take good care of her knees and not rush it too much I'd assume.Want her healthy post season and for next year too.

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post

Are you sure it's not just "Summit reffing shock syndrome" Seriously though,a lot of P-5 teams and their conferences play a much more physical style and they probably aren't used to the tightness Summit refs call any body contact, shoves,etc ,we on the other hand are (or should be),huge advantage for us,as you see they get way more calls against themselves til they figure it out.They probably tend to get the benefit of the doubt on their home court ,though.
                                Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-05-2017, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X