Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: U of New Hampshire

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
    Those might have been folks who opted for "will call" pre-purchased tickets rather than walk-up sales, but you are correct about the concession situation on the east side.

Could be misremembering, but I think they had reduced concession sites open during the 'Nova playoff game as well. Be interested in learning whether that's driven by ticket sales or whether that's another thing that NCAA rules dictate. For instance, I think there was a sign on the stadium store indicating that could not be open during the playoff game due to NCAA playoff regulations, which may be one reason all of the inventory was moved back to the Bookstore.
    The bookstore was closed because if they were open they would have had to give a percentage to the NCAA. Im guessing that is also the case with concessions.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
      The bookstore was closed because if they were open they would have had to give a percentage to the NCAA. Im guessing that is also the case with concessions.
      To clarify, I have no idea whether the Bookstore was closed on Sat. I was referring to the stadium store, which I'm almost certain was not even in operation last season.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
        And the lines were loooooooooooong and slow at half. Would not have been impressed if I had wanted to get something.
        Yeah, if I wanted something, I'd get it pregame.

In stadium staffs' defense, anyone attending the game was aware there were limited concession options when they entered the stadium; it wasn't like they had more open early and then closed them at the half.

Comment

I just watched the Central Arkansas and NH and both teams didn’t impress me much at all. How was CA ranked 4 wow they totally blew that game, there QB was forcing balls in zone coverage and holding on to the football for coverage sacks. NH has a good defense and a Kellen esk DT #72 he’s big and dominant. They have a lot of speed at LB and tip a lot of balls. NH definitely has a good defense but nothing like we haven’t already seen in the valley. The offense is definitely one dimensional. Stop the run and make them throw. The starter knight #18 didn’t make many throws just kinda dink and dunk, the backup 5 is mainly a runner and made like 2 throws. They play both a big back and a scat back. Offense look good running the FB but gave up a lot of pressure when forced to throw. NH won the game because the got a few short fields and a pick six. IMO CA blew it.

I think think we can blow them out. Not similar styles like UNI but definitely same philosophy. Run the ball and play good defense. I’m predicting a big game from Dallas and one of our quick explosive weapons Cade, Marques or Jacob brown like this week. I really think if we come out firing on all cylinders like we have during this streak that they won’t be able to hang with us.

35-10 Jacks
          Last edited by Gojacks2487; 12-03-2017, 07:04 PM.
          Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
            I just watched the Central Arkansas and NH and both teams didn’t impress me much at all. How was CA ranked 4 wow they totally blew that game, there QB was forcing balls in zone coverage and holding on to the football for coverage sacks. NH has a good defense and a Kellen esk DT #72 he’s big and dominant. They have a lot of speed at LB and tip a lot of balls. NH definitely has a good defense but nothing like we haven’t already seen in the valley. The offense is definitely one dimensional. Stop the run and make them throw. The starter knight #18 didn’t make many throws just kinda dink and dunk, the backup 5 is mainly a runner and made like 2 throws. They play both a big back and a scat back. Offense look good running the FB but gave up a lot of pressure when forced to throw. NH won the game because the got a few short fields and a pick six. IMO CA blew it.

I think think we can blow them out. Not similar styles like UNI but definitely same philosophy. Run the ball and play good defense. I’m predicting a big game from Dallas and one of our quick explosive weapons Cade, Marques or Jacob brown like this week. I really think if we come out firing on all cylinders like we have during this streak that they won’t be able to hang with us.

35-10 Jacks
            I feel like I'm almost making myself nervous because UNH's offense doesn't inspire much anxiety for me, if that makes any sense. I think it could be a game like that EIU game in 2012, which I had to miss because I was living in NY, particularly if the Jacks avoid turnovers.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
              Some of the NCAA regulations are ridiculous. The had a little display set up selling "official" merchandise, and probably thought the stadium store would cut into sales. At least they allowed us to play the intro video, which I don't think they allowed in previous years.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                Some of the NCAA regulations are ridiculous. The had a little display set up selling "official" merchandise, and probably thought the stadium store would cut into sales. At least they allowed us to play the intro video, which I don't think they allowed in previous years.
                That also meant we had to suffer through the Panthers' one too though -- "equal representation" and all.

Comment

Yeah, if I wanted something, I'd get it pregame.

In stadium staffs' defense, anyone attending the game was aware there were limited concession options when they entered the stadium; it wasn't like they had more open early and then closed them at the half.
                  This goes back to our discussion about getting more butts in the seats. Limited concessions? No thanks, I’ll stay home.

What’s the over/under on running out of hot chocolate next weekend?

Comment

Is NH's starting QB out for sure ? If he is and they have to go with the redshirt freshman, stack up the defense to stop the run, and make him beat you with his arm. I think that will be the game plan even if their starter plays.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      Is NH's starting QB out for sure ? If he is and they have to go with the redshirt freshman, stack up the defense to stop the run, and make him beat you with his arm. I think that will be the game plan even if their starter plays.
                      I doubt we will know until the start of the game since it’s a concussion issue. They are very unpredictable. The are both dual threats.
                      Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                        Really excited to 1) Have another home game, 2) play a new team in the playoffs, and 3) play another land grant FCS school.

Sounds like their defense is pretty dominant. That, plus the cold, could make this a really in treating matchup. The offensive game plan in this one is going to be really intruiging.
                        I think the wind will be a bigger factor than the cold. If it's 27 and sunny with little or no wind. I don't know that the cold is that big of a deal. Add in a 20 or worse mph wind, and it will affect the passing game.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                          This goes back to our discussion about getting more butts in the seats. Limited concessions? No thanks, I’ll stay home.

What’s the over/under on running out of hot chocolate next weekend?
                          Had plenty when I was there against UNI. Guess it depends on how many people sit at home due to limited concessions

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
                            I doubt we will know until the start of the game since it’s a concussion issue. They are very unpredictable. The are both dual threats.
                            Their one beat writer might be worth following for updates on this.

Comment

Had plenty when I was there against UNI. Guess it depends on how many people sit at home due to limited concessions
                              See, you’re missing the point. Some folks just don’t come for the football. Long lines and limited concessions is just one of those forehead slapping moments that can so easily be corrected. You can’t expect people to pay that much for tickets for that type of experience.

If temps are low next weekend, we’ll have a pretty high burn rate on the hot cocoa. Gotta be prepared for that.

I’m guessing you weren’t in the area when they really did run out of hot chocolate at a game when it was bitterly cold? It happened. No lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_IL View Post
                                1. This is the best SDSU football team ever
                                2. We have a chance to go further in the playoffs than we ever have.
                                3. We can do that at home.

We compare ourselves to NDSU and expect our team to make it to the National Title yet we can’t fill our stadium up halfway for a playoff game.
                                I hope this week is different, I hope fans support this team and make a difference during the game. Man up, put warm clothes on, and get your butts in the seats. The players deserve it, coaches deserve it, and we have been waiting for games like this in Brookings for a long time.

PS expect more home playoff games in December in the future. Leave Saturday’s open if you are a true Jacks fan.
                                Stop... I want people to show up just as much as you, but being ignorant and obnoxious about it doesn't help anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X