Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: U of New Hampshire

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    Maybe this is a crazy idea, but what if the athletic department took a portion of the money they made last weekend and put it toward reducing ticket prices for this weekend. Would that be allowed?
    Doesn’t NCAA take 75% of the gate, if that’s is the case how much would be left after paying the bills?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      You're missing the point. People continue to point out ways SDSU can improve the game day experience but you minimalize those. Just because you don't think it's a big deal doesn't mean someone else doesn't.

SDSU charges a premium price for a ticket so fans should expect a premium experience. That includes doing the small things. There are several examples in this thread alone of swings and misses by the department. If fans are on the fence the little things can make or break them.
      This is spot on. Sums up all the discussion. Ask for a premium price for admission, you have to deliver a premium experience. One can argue all you want that if it makes a difference in your opinion you weren’t going to come anyway, but realize the AD is a entertainment and service industry. You need to meet customer expectations, whether they are realistic or not.

It’s disappointing to see lines of 50-75 people at the concession stand when there are two other stands in the same concourse in a brand new stadium that are closed down.
      Last edited by jackrabbit1979; 12-03-2017, 08:26 PM.
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Nope. Can't drop below highest regular season ticket price. IIRC.
        A donor can pay for student tickets though?
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Ofcourse they can. What they choose to do with them is their choice. They can give them away because they bought the tickets.

Comment

Big difference. Those tickets are still sold at the price asked, and student tickets are an entirely different ballgame anyways. Now if a donor came in and bought a couple thousand tickets to give away then they could. But they would have to pay whatever the price is for said tickets. I think the group tickets thing was a great idea. Hopefully they don’t get told they can’t do that this game by the NCAA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
              I think I'd pay the price of one our overpriced tickets to get this thread on the topic of the actual two teams taking the field on Saturday.

UNH has a good defense, I've read. Who are the players we need to watch out for? Do they run a 4-3? 3-4? Someone for the love of god get this back on the topic of football.
              DT Holt (#72) leads them with 9 sacks; Perkins (#9) a CB leads in INTs; and DE Horton (#91) lead in TFLs (no word on whether he's also "hatched a Who") according to cherry-picked stats here. Believe they run a 4-3, and they've historically ranked among best defenses in their conference in turnover margin.

Comment

I think this UNH game could end up a lot like the Nova game last year, especially if there is a strong wind or any precip on Saturday. According to their fans, their offense is terrible, but their D is solid. This game will likely come down to whether or nor we can start fast and play with a lead........Just like most other games we've played in this season. I think if we can find a way to score early and make them play from behind, they will be in big trouble and a blowout could ensue. If we can't get the offense going and their ground game gets into a rhythm, this could be a disappointing outcome. I don't care what their record is, who they beat in the first round, etc. If a team is playing in the quarterfinals, they're damn good and it will take a great effort to put them away.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                  I think a 25 percent reduction is overly optimistic, but what about 10 percent? For the three tickets I buy, that's $51.

Another consideration is that donors claiming the Jackrabbit Club donation as a tax deduction might be unable to do so post-tax reform according to this Chronicle of Higher Education article. I'd be curious about the possible extent to which that could adversely impact donations, which would of course have bearing on any possible price reduction decisions.
                  When I said 25% I meant increase attendance to the playoff game. And if you drop 10% off of our ticket price over the year that leaves A LOT of money on the table for a couple thousand more people to one game.

I think taking an average of the current prices would be a strategy that would work better instead of doing the prices based on demand for the games. Would make the same $ or similar and largely have larger crowds for the in demand games while being able to have cheaper tickets for the playoffs. Not sure if it would cost a ton of income, since there is obviously a reason they change the ticket prices per game, but it could possibly help a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

I encourage everybody to pass on the excuses and get to the game. To the loyal fans on this board buy a couple extra tickets and bring some friends who may then become ticket buyers in the future if they have fun. Yes, I understand it's not in everybody's budget to purchase extra tickets which I fully understand. In the past cold and Playoff games I have attended they have been some of the funnest. Attendance is low but generally the fans that are there are incredibly fun and into the game.

Additionally, for people on a tighter budget...I expect you may be able to find a Group Code to purchase tickets with for the $17 price or whatever it was last week. Just a thought.

Go Jacks! Let's Make A Difference this week...

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                      UNH plays football in the Colonial (CAA). Same conference as James Madison.
                      You are correct. For the first post, I was picking info out of Wikipedia and only picked up the conference affiliation for most of the UNH sports, leaving out the most important detail for this thread: the football conference affiliation. Here's the entire paragraph from Wikipedia:

The school's athletic teams are the Wildcats, and they compete in the NCAADivision I. New Hampshire is a member of the America East Conference for basketball, cross country, track and field, soccer, swimming & diving and tennis; and women's lacrosse, crew, field hockey, and volleyball. The women's gymnastics[36] program competes in the Eastern Atlantic Gymnastics League at the Division I level. They also compete in Hockey East in men's and women's ice hockey, Eastern Collegiate Ski Association for skiing, as well as the Colonial Athletic Association for football at the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS, formerly known as Division I-AA) level.

I hope that having a such an unfamiliar opponent (well, at least for me) will attract more fans interested in seeing how they play the game out east. The CAA's football members, ranked as presented in the "standings" on the CAA website: James Madison; Stony Brook; Elon; New Hampshire; Delaware; Richmond; Towson; Villanova; Maine; U of Albany; Rhode Island; William & Mary.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                        See, you’re missing the point. Some folks just don’t come for the football. Long lines and limited concessions is just one of those forehead slapping moments that can so easily be corrected. You can’t expect people to pay that much for tickets for that type of experience.

If temps are low next weekend, we’ll have a pretty high burn rate on the hot cocoa. Gotta be prepared for that.

I’m guessing you weren’t in the area when they really did run out of hot chocolate at a game when it was bitterly cold? It happened. No lie.
                        Exactly. Family of 4 costs $108 minimum for tickets alone.
                        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

You're missing the point. People continue to point out ways SDSU can improve the game day experience but you minimalize those. Just because you don't think it's a big deal doesn't mean someone else doesn't.

SDSU charges a premium price for a ticket so fans should expect a premium experience. That includes doing the small things. There are several examples in this thread alone of swings and misses by the department. If fans are on the fence the little things can make or break them.
                          Correct. I’ll be there, but people discussing concessions or whatever else are talking about the casual fan and not is diehards. If you want 18,000 people you need to do the little things correctly. It will take time but improvements need to be made. Thankfully I can afford the tickets but a lot of people won’t want to pay that.
                          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Just got caught up in reading this thread. Whew! Some people getting a little testy! I was at the UNI game -- went to the concession stand twice (didn't notice unusual wait time or long lines but I didn’t go there at half time) and overall had a great time as has always been the case for me with playoff games and late season, lousy weather games. The people there are there to yell a lot and have some fun.

The current weather forecast for Saturday is a high of 28, partly cloudy, winds from the NW at 13 mph. If you live around these parts, you have the gear that will easily cover 28 degrees. I'll likely get out the Carhart tuxedo and risk being too hot.

My wife and I have purchased our four 'season ticket' seats and we're getting additional tickets for the UNH game. Bring friends!
                            Last edited by JackJD; 12-04-2017, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                              Just got caught up in reading this thread. Whew! Some people getting a little testy! I was at the UNI game -- went to the concession stand twice (didn't notice unusual wait time or long lines but I didn’t go there at half time) and overall had a great time as has always been the case for me with playoff games and late season, lousy weather games. The people there are there to yell a lot and have some fun.

The current weather forecast for Saturday is a high of 28, partly cloudy, winds from the NW at 13 mph. If you live around these parts, you have the gear that will easily cover 28 degrees. I'll likely get out the Carhart tuxedo and risk being too hot.

My wife and I have purchased our four 'season ticket' seats and we're getting additional tickets for the UNH game. Bring friends!
                              I tend to think TK was referring to the old days of CAS where concessions were undermanned, and running out of hot chocolate was a regular occurrence. In the planning of Dana, I sure many of the planners themselves were shortchanged on hot chocolate from time to time and made sure there were more concession opportunities. I invested in the club seating and concessions are not issue. Having an end seat, well I complained enough about that, most of concessions are prepaid with your $750 ticket price. When you hear Jeff Kolpack and Ozzio, compliment SDSU on their new stadium, we are doing something right. They did that on their Saturday radio show on WDAY in Fargo the morning of the big NDSU defeat. They were wondering out loud where the plans for updating the FargoDome were at and what happened to them. Other than the weather being not good, it should be a good game day experience. I hate to risk another bout of brochictis or pneumonia. In the back of my mind, I have this notion that maybe we should have built a dome.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                                I tend to think TK was referring to the old days of CAS where concessions were undermanned, and running out of hot chocolate was a regular occurrence.
                                Nope. There was a video posted to twitter that I saw that showed an extremely long line to the concession stand and it made sure to point out one stand that was closed with the roller door down. It was evidently a case of not having enough help to run all the stands.

Comment

Working...
                                X