Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: U of New Hampshire

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    You really want that "worst poster of the year" award, don't you? You've got it wrapped up at this point, so you can stop posting until January if you want. Or later would be fine too.
    Funny how you don't answer the question and instead engage in the very behavior you criticize -- an ol' ad hominem attack. Cappin' I thought better of you, but thanks for the award, although the "committee" may object to me receiving the award outright at this point when others have called for a coach who has since taken the team to the quarterfinals (and possibly further) to move on, but there is that pesky matter of either using or not using time outs that apparently legitimized that perspective. Just saying, I may have to share the title.
    Last edited by jakejc795; 12-03-2017, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
      I feel like I'm almost making myself nervous because UNH's offense doesn't inspire much anxiety for me, if that makes any sense. I think it could be a game like that EIU game in 2012, which I had to miss because I was living in NY, particularly if the Jacks avoid turnovers.
      Makes sense to me. There was a whole thread on anygivensaturday about how UNH didn't belong in the playoffs and only got in because their AD has a lot of pull on the committee. Whether they're deserving or not, they have gotten the job done two weeks in a row. I think UNI would crush CCSU or UCA, I just hope SDSU comes out with their foot on the gas and takes any hopes the Wildcats have away right off the bat.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
        For goodness sake, I’m your target audience (family of 6!) to get more butts in the seats and all you want to do is put us down and give us more reasons not to buy tickets for next weekend. Great marketing strategy.
        I can certainly see how $30 tickets for a family of 6 would be a big ask, particularly two weeks in a row.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
          If it is that important to you, bring something like one of these in with your drawstring bag.

Opening myself up for another Ron Swanson meme -- sponsors could make this a promo for the first 1,000 fans. Fact is, folks will always be able to find a reason, some would say an excuse, not to do something; however, often a little ingenuity opens up avenues to find a solution.
          You're missing the point. People continue to point out ways SDSU can improve the game day experience but you minimalize those. Just because you don't think it's a big deal doesn't mean someone else doesn't.

SDSU charges a premium price for a ticket so fans should expect a premium experience. That includes doing the small things. There are several examples in this thread alone of swings and misses by the department. If fans are on the fence the little things can make or break them.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
            I can certainly see how $30 tickets for a family of 6 would be a big ask, particularly two weeks in a row.
            Especially when his wife wants popcorn and has to wait in a 30 minute line.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
              You're missing the point. People continue to point out ways SDSU can improve the game day experience but you minimalize those. Just because you don't think it's a big deal doesn't mean someone else doesn't.

SDSU charges a premium price for a ticket so fans should expect a premium experience. That includes doing the small things. There are several examples in this thread alone of swings and misses by the department. If fans are on the fence the little things can make or break them.
              Pretty sure I've indicated it can be improved too multiple times, and I'm not the only one saying that if a person is attributing not attending to concessions, attending probably wasn't the priority in the first place, and if it is a priority, there are ways for people to proactively address the less than ideal concession situations; for instance, I've mentioned getting the items early; not waiting until halftime is another option because anyone at the game could be reasonably certain levels of concession access were not going to improve from when they entered the stadium.

Comment

Welp....dunno about yall...but I stopped into frost as the women's game was wrapping up and got my 3 seats for UNH.

Also, because this threads gonna thread, I noted that GA ticket price for today's women's game vs Louisville was $25.

Thoughts?!
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

According to gojacks twitter free student tickets. A donor must’ve stepped up.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                    That's awesome! Looks like finals are 12/7-12/13. I wonder how many of the students will have all their finals done and possibly headed home by 12/8.
                    Last edited by jakejc795; 12-03-2017, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                      For goodness sake, I’m your target audience (family of 6!) to get more butts in the seats and all you want to do is put us down and give us more reasons not to buy tickets for next weekend. Great marketing strategy.
                      Look man, I get it and most of us do as well, but if you don’t go because of a hot chocolate shortage that happened a while ago then you are looking for reasons not to go in the first place. I understand the cost is very high for a family of six to go to a game, and I’m not a fan of the ticket prices either. However I doubt that the situation will improve by people not showing up due to protest over hot chocolate. Obviously you have many more reasons than that since you said reasons, but you are also doing a great job of showing why our attendance is what it is for the playoffs. Everyone who doesn’t show up gets defensive and a “don’t blame me” type of attitude. Well, people aren’t there who usually are. Saying that they have other priorities is true but also shows that they probably shouldn’t bitch about our attendance or game day atmosphere too loudly. The people who aren’t there because of that, you are the reason we don’t have the playoff atmosphere of Fargo. I’m not saying this as a criticism, or in anger, or even the slightest sense of superiority. I wouldn’t have been able to show up had it been on Friday. But it’s the cold hard truth that if you aren’t there then you are the reason we have under 8k fans at the game. I’m not saying be ashamed of yourself or that anyone is a lesser fan or that the reasons people don’t show up aren’t legitimate, but until I realized that cold hard truth I didn’t make near the effort I do now to make it to the games also. If you aren’t there you are part of the reason why crowds are small, just as much as the athletic department is for deficiencies like hot chocolate, high ticket prices, lack of advertising, and long concession lines.
                      Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                      One more thing about loyalty. I've watched this board for the past 12-15 years. Lots of people who posted frequently no longer post at all. Many of "the regulars" are now distant memories. It isn't because they don't care, it's just that they have other priorities. Life has a funny way of getting in the way of life.
                      I get it. Trust me. I think most of us get that there are other things to do. Here’s the thing though, if SDSU games aren’t or don’t become a priority to people then we will never get the crowds we dream of. But again, this goes to having enough fans to make up for when other people can’t.
                      Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                      This is great news. The students do the best at being loud IMO and did a far, far better job at turning out for the game when they had to pay for something usually free at the gate than we, the general public did.....

As an aside on the ticket prices though, if your our athletic department, are we to the point where sacrificing a lot of money at guaranteed scheduled regular season games by dropping the prices by 25% is worth it for the possibility of adding an optimistic 25% to our small, not guaranteed to even have one playoff games? For dollars and cents and paying for this stadium I’m not sure it’s worth losing out on potentially 100’s of thousands of dollars through the season for something that is far from a guarantee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                        As an aside on the ticket prices though, if your our athletic department, are we to the point where sacrificing a lot of money at guaranteed scheduled regular season games by dropping the prices by 25% is worth it for the possibility of adding an optimistic 25% to our small, not guaranteed to even have one playoff games? For dollars and cents and paying for this stadium I’m not sure it’s worth losing out on potentially 100’s of thousands of dollars through the season for something that is far from a guarantee.
                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        I think a 25 percent reduction is overly optimistic, but what about 10 percent? For the three tickets I buy, that's $51.

Another consideration is that donors claiming the Jackrabbit Club donation as a tax deduction might be unable to do so post-tax reform according to this Chronicle of Higher Education article. I'd be curious about the possible extent to which that could adversely impact donations, which would of course have bearing on any possible price reduction decisions.

Comment

I think I'd pay the price of one our overpriced tickets to get this thread on the topic of the actual two teams taking the field on Saturday.

UNH has a good defense, I've read. Who are the players we need to watch out for? Do they run a 4-3? 3-4? Someone for the love of god get this back on the topic of football.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Maybe this is a crazy idea, but what if the athletic department took a portion of the money they made last weekend and put it toward reducing ticket prices for this weekend. Would that be allowed?
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                              I think I'd pay the price of one our overpriced tickets to get this thread on the topic of the actual two teams taking the field on Saturday.

UNH has a good defense, I've read. Who are the players we need to watch out for? Do they run a 4-3? 3-4? Someone for the love of god get this back on the topic of football.
                              they run a base 4-3 and will send pressure. There DT #72 is a beast reminds me of Kellen and a WillLB # 54 is fast and athletic. The sack they got I would say where mainly coverage sacks. Definitely a team that likes to tip balls at the line.
                              Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                                Maybe this is a crazy idea, but what if the athletic department took a portion of the money they made last weekend and put it toward reducing ticket prices for this weekend. Would that be allowed?
                                Nope. Can't drop below highest regular season ticket price. IIRC.

Comment

Working...
                                X