Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs Bears @ the Pentagon

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
    Let's face it, in it's short history, the Pentagon has just not been very kind to the Jackrabbits.
    I agree with this. The Jacks just never play well in the Pentagon. I kinda wish we would stop scheduling a game at the Pentagon every year, but I know we will continue to do it. Is there even a good reason to do it every year?
    Rollin' in my 5.0
    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
      I agree with this. The Jacks just never play well in the Pentagon. I kinda wish we would stop scheduling a game at the Pentagon every year, but I know we will continue to do it. Is there even a good reason to do it every year?
      It is pretty much a home game (fan support) and you get a quality opponent. Getting Mo St to come to Brookings would be very hard to do.

Comment

The team we played was really good. SDSU did not play well. Next game.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          The team we played was really good. SDSU did not play well. Next game.
          No they weren’t.We played like garbage but don’t pretend they were good. Let alone really good. And I don’t care who was dumb enough to say they were going to win the MVC, I’ll believe that when pigs fly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            I'm just going to go ahead and act like that game never happened because I'm too excited about the football team and don't want to believe the basketball team can put forth that poor of an effort.
            It’s football season. And it’s football season until it’s over. B-ball can be our angst later

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
              No they weren’t.We played like garbage but don’t pretend they were good. Let alone really good. And I don’t care who was dumb enough to say they were going to win the MVC, I’ll believe that when pigs fly.

We watched different teams then. They were long, athletic, defended well, and shot the **** out of the ball. They're a good basketball team.

KemPom has them at 80 and best in the MVC just ahead of Valpo.

Comment

MSU is a talented team that shot the ball extremely well Saturday night.

SDSU is a talented team that shot the ball relatively poorly Saturday night.

That’s your score differential.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

We watched different teams then. They were long, athletic, defended well, and shot the **** out of the ball. They're a good basketball team.

KemPom has them at 80 and best in the MVC just ahead of Valpo.
                  I agree. MSU is a good team. If you watched the game you know that. Sure we didn't play the best but some of that is due to MSU.

Comment

The prognosticators sure missed the boat on Missouri State. Just saw them get beat at home by Drake. Preseason pick to win the Valley, and now sit with a 7-9 conference record.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      The prognosticators sure missed the boat on Missouri State. Just saw them get beat at home by Drake. Preseason pick to win the Valley, and now sit with a 7-9 conference record.
                      Which makes their beat down on us even more mind boggling!

Comment

It was simply one of those night we couldn't hit broad sign of a barn. We beat them 9 of 10.

Comment

It was the Pentagon, guys. Jacks just don't play well there.
                          Rollin' in my 5.0
                          With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                          Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

What's crazy is that KenPom still has them as the 2nd best Valley team and sitting at 102 overall (for comparison, SDSU is at 82). Seems like a weird team, but definitely didn't live up to the hype.

Comment

I was at the Mo State game at the Pentagon. Mo State looked very good that night, almost unbeatable. The Jacks looked, well, not so good. It probably would be a much different game now.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

What's crazy is that KenPom still has them as the 2nd best Valley team and sitting at 102 overall (for comparison, SDSU is at 82). Seems like a weird team, but definitely didn't live up to the hype.
                                I haven't looked at what KenPom all considers in their formula, but it definitely must be different than RPI. KenPom has the Jacks 16 spots below USD, while we are 20 spots higher than the Yotes in RPI.

Comment

Working...
                                X