Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: UNI Large Purple Felines (Playoff Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: UNI Large Purple Felines (Playoff Edition)

FCS 2nd Round Games (December 2):

#7 Wofford beat Furman 28-10. Attendance at Wofford = 5,153.

Kennesaw State beat #3 Jacksonville State 17-7. Attendance at Jacksonville State = 17,412.

#1 James Madison beat Stony Brook 26-7. Attendance at James Madison = 16,449.

New Hampshire beat #4 Central Arkansas 21-15. Attendance at Central Arkansas = 6,243.

#5 South Dakota State beat Northern Iowa 37-22. Attendance at South Dakota State = 7,518.

#6 Sam Houston State beat South Dakota 54-42. Attendance at Sam Houston State = 4,401.

#2 North Dakota State beat San Diego 38-3. Attendance at North Dakota State = 18,067.

Weber State beat #8 Southern Utah 30-13. Attendance at Southern Utah = 11,811.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
      Watched Farley's presser. He's just delightful. ...
      i’m not finding a Farley post game press conference. Can you provide a link? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        i’m not finding a Farley post game press conference. Can you provide a link? Thanks
        It’s on the SDSU athletics YouTube channel.

Comment

Your last comment says it all. Nothing for me to add.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
            Watched Farley's presser. He's just delightful.

UNI has really painted themselves into a corner with that guy. Apparently his contract is guaranteed, so they couldn't get rid of him for a couple of years if they determined (as much of their fan base has) that he needs to go.
            Their fan forum suggests he's one of the highest paid FCS coaches in the nation. Apparently they're hoping Scott Frost poaches him to coach LBs at Nebraska. Honestly, I'd kind of miss despising the guy, but if he and Pelini want to leave the Valley, I think I'd get over my disappointment relatively quickly.

He was seemingly more congenial postgame than he purportedly was at halftime though, right?

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
              It’s on the SDSU athletics YouTube channel.
              Here's the actual link. Both Farley and his son emphasized the Jacks weren't "bad" on Hobo Day. Do you think that's to make their win then more impressive and less of a fluke?

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                The timeouts were a bit of a head scratcher. The one did evolve into a 5 yard penalty for procedure as well. Hale has proven to be very reliable for shorter and longer punts this year. The end result of a victory moves our question to a moot arena.
                That let the Jacks run a bit more time off the clock, right?

The procedure call seemed like a "desired" penalty, as in they wanted to jump to give Hale more field to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                  Here's the actual link. Both Farley and his son emphasized the Jacks weren't "bad" on Hobo Day. Do you think that's to make their win then more impressive and less of a fluke?
                  Yes Farley said your opponents make you look good and bad so let’s move on

Comment

Great game yesterday. Most fun I've had at a Jacks game in a long time.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                      Great game yesterday. Most fun I've had at a Jacks game in a long time.
                      Hopefully the fun will be eclipsed on 12/9. One tricky part is that Jacks will know late on 12/8 whether they could potentially host a semifinal game on 12/15 or 12/16, so I hope if Weber State upsets JMU that the Jacks don't look past UNH. I don't think staff and veteran players will allow it, but I suppose one never knows.

Can't wait for Sat.!!

Comment

The procedure call seemed like a "desired" penalty, as in they wanted to jump to give Hale more field to work with.
                        I would not think it let more time off the clock, but taking the 5 yard penalties would not seem to factor into the situation with the punts of Hale. I was more confused why we would burn the timeouts unless it was to pacify those who torture the staff of carrying timeouts. Hale has been gold this season.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I would not think it let more time off the clock, but taking the 5 yard penalties would not seem to factor into the situation with the punts of Hale. I was more confused why we would burn the timeouts unless it was to pacify those who torture the staff of carrying timeouts. Hale has been gold this season.
                          but we get to carry those over from 1st to 2nd half, right? and a 1 for 2 from the previous game. at least we must. *joke/Snark*

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                            but we get to carry those over from 1st to 2nd half, right? and a 1 for 2 from the previous game. at least we must. *joke/Snark*
                            I thought it was for popcorn left over from game.

Comment

I meant they burn the clock for the full extent of the play clock and then call a TO. Guess it wasn't really a concern for me because the game wasn't ever in doubt when Jacks were using timeouts, and my priority was that the Jacks do everything they could to minimize Panthers' TOP and ensure Panthers had poor field position.

Comment

If they wanted to get more field to work with, they could have taken a delay penalty and saved the time out.

Comment

Working...
                                X