Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: UNI Large Purple Felines (Playoff Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: UNI Large Purple Felines (Playoff Edition)

Lot of fun today. As others noted, great crowd support even though the number of fans in the stands was much lower than the team deserves.

This is the team people talked about in August.

Comment

Looked at Friday's forecast:
      High - 11°
      Low - -5°

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
        Looked at Friday's forecast:
        High - 11°
        Low - -5°
        Meaning the Friday night game theme would be "Dress in Layers to Watch Wildcat Slayers"?

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          So Chase Vinitaris Uncle kicked at San Diego State for those of you who didn't hear that on the espn3 broadcast.
          A seldom-known fact is that San Diego State moved eastward to Brookings, SD in 1881.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit3467 View Post
            **** call, these refs are killing us.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
            It seemed to be the one HL making most of the questionable calls.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
              Holy crap! Go UNH!

High for next Saturday in Brookings is in the mid 20's.
              Hopefully the colder weather leads to the Jacks doing that to UNH on Sat.

Comment

Originally posted by Bozemaniac View Post
                Farley looks like he just got done punching something or someone.
                Not that I want to defend him, but isn't that kind of his default?

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                  Not that I want to defend him, but isn't that kind of his default?
                  The bloody knuckles were a new look.

Comment

Attendance 7518, and another 7518 or more watching on ESPN3. I was not in attendance but in the ESPN3 group. Interesting John Gregory was the color guy. I thought he might be Diesel our former coach or possibly his son, but google gives a completely different background. It would have been great to have Diesel though since UNI is his alma mater and knows SDSU is not in California. The John Gregory guy was very knowledgeable and played football at Marshall.

Comment

My mom, dad, and I like to joke that sometimes when a person enters the Rabbit Den, he leaves missing a patch of skin or two. Looks like ol' Farley's knuckles are proof of that.

Fear the ferocity of the Rabbits, folks.
                      Last edited by jakejc795; 12-03-2017, 04:59 AM.

Comment

I wish someone would have asked him about them in his presser.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                          I wish someone would have asked him about them in his presser.
                          The poor guy is probably on blood thinners to prevent strokes, and you often bruise easily. I know about this. I have been on on aggronax, plavix, and now warafinn. Farley is very intense and not a classy loser.

Comment

Watched Farley's presser. He's just delightful.

UNI has really painted themselves into a corner with that guy. Apparently his contract is guaranteed, so they couldn't get rid of him for a couple of years if they determined (as much of their fan base has) that he needs to go.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Loved the aggressiveness of the coaching staff in going for it on a number of 4th and shorts early in the game, and by having the corners jamming their WR's in crucial situations. The coaching decisions I can't figure out is twice when we were going to punt from UNI's side of midfield, we let the play clock run down and called timeouts. With that field position, why not just take a delay penalty and save the timeouts ? It turned out we didn't need the timeouts, but late in a close game, you might very well have need for them.

Comment

The timeouts were a bit of a head scratcher. The one did evolve into a 5 yard penalty for procedure as well. Hale has proven to be very reliable for shorter and longer punts this year. The end result of a victory moves our question to a moot arena.
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X