Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: UNI Large Purple Felines (Playoff Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: UNI Large Purple Felines (Playoff Edition)

Who cares about those garbage time TD's. The point to focus on is that the last 10:00 WAS garbage time! Pretty amazing against a quality team like UNI.
    Considering the stakes, the domination and the caliber of opponent, that has to be one of the most impressive wins in school history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Welp I was worried about this game and going to UCA but now I’m planning a trip back to Brookings next week. I love football. Frozen tundra vs a CAA team. Sound familiar?

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
        Welp I was worried about this game and going to UCA but now I’m planning a trip back to Brookings next week. I love football. Frozen tundra vs a CAA team. Sound familiar?

I am ordering my SUU/Weber St shirt later tonight. Another home game for the semis would be worth another trip back. Let's keep having these "this could be your last chance to see the seniors" games
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Always good to beat a Farley coached team. They always play chippy, and they always have a couple of "talkers" out there.

#1 in the secondary, is a good player. But he was talking sh!t to Goedert a couple of times, so I was not surprised when he hit Brown late on the TD.

Also, saw Fountain #10 and another UNI offensive player yapping at Goedert on the replay of him recovering the onside kick. (on their way off the field).

That was a dominating win. It wasn't nearly as close as the score shows. Farley barely shook Stig's hand and ran away immediately.

Looking at how UNI closed out the season... that was a super impressive game by the Jackrabbits. Their only loss was to NDSU at NDSU 30-14.

This Jackrabbits team is certainly good enough to make a run.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
            #1 in the secondary, is a good player. But he was talking sh!t to Goedert a couple of times, so I was not surprised when he hit Brown late on the TD.
            And Goedert just pointed to the scoreboard
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
              Who cares about those garbage time TD's. The point to focus on is that the last 10:00 WAS garbage time! Pretty amazing against a quality team like UNI.
              Considering the stakes, the domination and the caliber of opponent, that has to be one of the most impressive wins in school history.

I agree. This win was very impressive. I like the way we are play this year vs last year at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                Always good to beat a Farley coached team. They always play chippy, and they always have a couple of "talkers" out there.

Also, saw Fountain #10 and another UNI offensive player yapping at Goedert on the replay of him recovering the onside kick. (on their way off the field).

That was a dominating win. It wasn't nearly as close as the score shows. Farley barely shook Stig's hand and ran away immediately.

Looking at how UNI closed out the season... that was a super impressive game by the Jackrabbits. Their only loss was to NDSU at NDSU 30-14.

This Jackrabbits team is certainly good enough to make a run.
                Thought maybe my anti-Farley bias influenced my perception, so I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who feels that way about their play and Farley's behavior.

Comment

Man I hope we get the Saturday so I can make it

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                    Man I hope we get the Saturday so I can make it

You get the Saturday...we'll take the Friday...so I can make it! We all win!

Congrats on the win...a win against UNI is never easy and should always be enjoyed. Also congrats on eclipsing 10 wins...don't make it a habit!

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post

Congrats on the win...a win against UNI is never easy and should always be enjoyed. Also congrats on eclipsing 10 wins...don't make it a habit!
                      We have a basketballWrestling double header Friday. I think everyone at SDSU wants Saturday. I don’t believe our game will be in the Friday conversation though.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                        I agree. This win was very impressive. I like the way we are play this year vs last year at this time.
                        Odd statement here, but today the Jacks seemed “Bisonesque” in taking care of business against a legitimate opponent.

Also...awesome atmosphere at the stadium...despite the fan-volume deficiency we are challenged with, those there made it a great game-day experience.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post

Works for me! The dome isn’t colder at night so I think that should work out for everyone And thanks!

Comment

[QUOTE=thumper_76;323225]Works for me! The dome isn’t colder at night so I think that should work out for everyone And thanks!

Who knows about the NCAA? Don't bring logic into their decision-making process!!

I will say it was a great day at the Dana!! The weather was perfect and the Jacks played well! I know it would be nice to have more fans there, but all that show up are excited and made good noise today. The noise level was similar to 15,000, in my opinion.

Comment

D-line and O-line impressive today.

Goedert is in a world by himself. Reminds me of the dominance of UND great Jim Kleinsasser in the DII days. Best player(s) on the field.

Christian is sneaky good. Frustrates you with some of his misses but his end of game stats make you think, "Wow!"

Attendance not what we would like but this is a work in progress. More students at this game than the Illinois State game. Most stayed until the end.

Since this was an NCAA event, we weren't bombarded with video and public address advertisements. It was kind of refreshing.

Our guys wore the traditional yellow and blue uniforms. As it should be.

It's good to watch SDSU football between Thanksgiving and Christmas. For some of us old-timers, it's something we used to dream about.

A salute to Coach Stig and his staff, AD Sell and his staff, and all the SDSU faithful for this moment in the sun.

Proud to be a Jackrabbit.

Comment

Probably the most fun I've had watching an SDSU game since the USD game 3 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X