Construction begins on new practice facility - New Wrestling Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
    Can we talk about how they completely changed the location of this? It was originally going to be built on the west side of Frost Arena and will now be an addition to the S-JAC. I really liked the idea of it being part of Frost so they could easily go from practice facility/locker room to the arena.
    The new site allowed them to have 4 mats instead of 3 mats and it saved $200,000.

Comment

Really happy for Coach Hahn and the wrestling program.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

The new site allowed them to have 4 mats instead of 3 mats and it saved $200,000.
        That is huge, smart thinking to move the location for both reasons. Cannot wait to see the talent this staff brings in and develops from this facility. Bright days ahead for this program!

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

When I started looking at what it added by moving it I grew to like it more. The main weight room will be right there which helps a lot. Money saved is icing on the cake!
          Rollin' in my 5.0
          With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
          Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Where exactly is it going on the westside of the building? Having a hard time envisioning it. Are there any blueprints or artist renditions to see yet?
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              Where exactly is it going on the westside of the building? Having a hard time envisioning it. Are there any blueprints or artist renditions to see yet?
              https://www.sdbor.edu/the-board/agen..._F_BOR1220.pdf

Comment

Sorry guess I missed that. Thanks for the link. so right up front it looks like. I was curious where it would fit on the current structure building.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I would think this facility will have big impact on recruiting. How does it compare with some of the other top wrestling programs?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                    I would think this facility will have big impact on recruiting. How does it compare with some of the other top wrestling programs?
                    Definitely better than Wisconsin's. I think it rates right up there.

Comment

This new facility will be right there with the top facilities in the country and will definitely open some recruiting doors.

Comment

SB 28 authorizing the Board of Regent to construct the Wrestling Practice Facility has been passed by the Legislature and signed by Gov Noem, effective 3/29/2921

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                          Re: Construction begins on new practice facility - New Wrestling Room

If everyone shows up on time, you still have the same issue.
                          Yeah but you won't be the one left out if you go early enough

Comment

Have they broken ground on the new practice facility?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                              Have they broken ground on the new practice facility?
                              Drove through campus last week. They had not. Not even setting up to do construction near the football stadium.
                              Rollin' in my 5.0
                              With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                              Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Checked with a friend, Bids to construct the wrestling facility are due July 6. Go Jacks!!

Comment

Working...
                                X