Clear All

• Construction begins on new practice facility - New Wrestling Room

New Wrestling Room in the works.

http://sdsucollegian.com/2017/11/29/...tice-facility/

Re: Construction begins on new practice facility - New Wrestling Room

Originally posted by AmberValley View Post
    New Wrestling Room in the works.

Wrestling practice room is in the next phase after BBall/VB practice gyms are completed.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      Wrestling practice room is in the next phase after BBall/VB practice gyms are completed.
      Still!!! (Quit raining on the Parade man!)

Comment

Link to the renovation plans:
        https://www.sdbor.edu/the-board/comm...Plan011317.pdf

Comment

Thanks. Good to see.

Correct me if I'm wrong. The current wrestling room is on the East Side. The new wrestling room will be an addition on the West Side.

That will be a welcome addition.
          The current wrestling room has to be one of the smallest and oldest rooms in Division 1. The new addition will help with recruiting. U of M and NDSU have new wrestling facilities.

Comment

Originally posted by AmberValley View Post
            Correct me if I'm wrong. [B] The current wrestling room is on the East Side. The new wrestling room will be an addition on the West Side.
            Yes, that is correct.

Comment

I still like that they were able to find someone ticked off about parking in the article......here's a hint: Don't be "running late". Life is about being on time now. I don't think major institutions will rethink their plans because you are unable to leave your house 5 or 6 minutes earlier to be on time.
              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                I still like that they were able to find someone ticked off about parking in the article......here's a hint: Don't be "running late". Life is about being on time now. I don't think major institutions will rethink their plans because you are unable to leave your house 5 or 6 minutes earlier to be on time.
                If everyone shows up on time, you still have the same issue.
                One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                  So true. As someone who has been in management most of my life after college, it is sad how many people find that being 5, 10, or even 15 minutes late perfectly acceptable. I even had a couple of employees, on a yearly assesment, write in that their biggest issue with my management is that I start the morning sales/planning meetings at 8:15am. The reason they gave was that they don't always get to work by then (we start our day at 8) and they miss information.
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                    So true. As someone who has been in management most of my life after college, it is sad how many people find that being 5, 10, or even 15 minutes late perfectly acceptable. I even had a couple of employees, on a yearly assesment, write in that their biggest issue with my management is that I start the morning sales/planning meetings at 8:15am. The reason they gave was that they don't always get to work by then (we start our day at 8) and they miss information.
                    Drives me freaking bonkers! My mom was a stickler for being early....not just on time....early. Now I'm like that. I just can't understand how anyone can think it's ok to be late. It's incredibly disrespectful to whoever you are meeting or working for.

In our project meetings we have people that show up 5-10 minutes late. It's ALWAYS the same people. Our email system sends reminders 15 and 5 minutes before the meeting so they know when it is.

Comment

Anybody have an update? When is the wrestling practice room expected to be completed?

https://www.sdbor.edu/the-board/comm...Plan011317.pdf

I see the article says the practice facility open date is scheduled for November 2018. Does that include the wrestling room? Or is that when construction kicks off for the wrestling room?

Comment

bump

Comment

I may be mistaken but I believe the steelwork will begin this summer when the BBall/VB practice steelwork is complete. I believe Wrestling wing is slated to be done summer '19.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                            I may be mistaken but I believe the steelwork will begin this summer when the BBall/VB practice steelwork is complete. I believe Wrestling wing is slated to be done summer '19.
                            You could be correct. I didn't think that money request was in this year's proposal to the SD Legislature.

Comment

You could be correct. I didn't think that money request was in this year's proposal to the SD Legislature.
                              From what I know the wrestling room is not part of this first phase. Steel is going up at the current construction site so there are some big cranes putting steel beams in place right now. I also haven't been by there in about 2 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                              X