Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Panthers vs Jackrabbits @ Frost

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    I'll write it off to looking ahead to Louisville and Oklahoma. We are WAY better than we played tonight but losing an ugly game is much worse than winning one. It's a good thing we can play some defense!

On to a huge game Sunday.
    Good luck to those two games, get the W's.
    Looking forward to joining the Summit & MVFC.

Comment

Teams are striving to become better defensively,and with their success the games get uglier as we encounter more matchups that pit our strong defense against theirs.We've done pretty good so far, one loss. We have two more tough defenses to crack with Louisville and Oklahoma coming up. Thankfully,our own defense has kept the opponents from scoring too,which keeps us in the game with a chance of winning it, for most games, up to the very end. Not pretty at times, but a win is a win. They are called,hard fought, tough, gritty wins. When you get two evenly matched defenses slugging it out, then the determining factor becomes which team can dig down deep and come up with enough offense to come up with an advantage, and hold that advantage, or keep forging ahead in a back-and- forth game, just with sheer fortitude and determination as a team ,then that's a special team.

I think as the season rolls along,the character of the team begins to form and reveal itself and it usually gets stronger the more adversity is overcome,the harder they have to work to achieve their goals,the closer teammate bonds become,many,intangibles .One things for certain,our team will always keep forging ahead willing and eager to meet all challenges head on and everyone will give their all.

Go Big,Go Blue,Go Jacks.

Comment

As others have said this game was ugly which might be putting it mildly. IMO the defense was good but UNI was 0 for 13 on three point shots in the first half. Most of them were wide open shots that they simply missed. I'm more concerned with our offense. We must be trying to prove that Macy is a back to the basket post up player and I'm just not seeing it happen. It seems like good things happen when both Macy and Maddie have the ball in their hands on the outside. Sunday will be a yard stick to measure by!

Comment

Working...
        X