Goedert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goedert

Have the Ryen Russillo show on in the background at work. They were talking NFL draft stuff with Todd McShay. McShay says he's likely the first tight end taken. Unfortunately McShay pronounced Dallas' name with a silent T. I'm guessing McShay hasn't done much research to back up his claim.

Re: Goedert

Maybe Dallas has a French heritage that the rest of us are unaware of?

Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
      Maybe Dallas has a French heritage that the rest of us are unaware of?

I didn't even know who they were talking about until they said from South Dakota State at the end. At least they didn't say San Diego State I guess.

Comment

Todd McShay says Goedert helped his stock as much as anyone this season. McShay also mentioned Goedert is the #1 TE and could sneak into the first round. http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2018/st...ngs-mock-draft

Comment

Goedert could be catching passes from the Heisman winner, as Baker Mayfield just accepted an invitation to the Senior Bowl. Can't wait to see Goedert play in this. Hopefully he has a big game and bolsters his spot as the #1 TE and first round pick.

Comment

I found it interesting that Goedert weighed in at 260 for the Senior Bowl. Looks like his advisors told him that NFL scouts didn't like how much weight he added. If I remember right, he was up to 275 and bragging about it early this season. I thought the whole time that he was too heavy and lost some agility and speed compared to the previous year.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
              I found it interesting that Goedert weighed in at 260 for the Senior Bowl. Looks like his advisors told him that NFL scouts didn't like how much weight he added. If I remember right, he was up to 275 and bragging about it early this season. I thought the whole time that he was too heavy and lost some agility and speed compared to the previous year.
              To my untrained eye he seemed slower this year. Maybe some of that had to do with injuries. I think that 250-260 would be his ideal weight at the next level.
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Goedert could be catching passes from the Heisman winner, as Baker Mayfield just accepted an invitation to the Senior Bowl. Can't wait to see Goedert play in this. Hopefully he has a big game and bolsters his spot as the #1 TE and first round pick.
                Kind of stinks that Goedert didn't get any of the top tier QB's. Both Josh Allen and Mayfield are on the opposite roster.
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I agree Zack Ertz 250 and Travis Kielce 260
                  Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

I think you can also reach a point where added weight, even if it is muscle, increases the potential for injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                      Kind of stinks that Goedert didn't get any of the top tier QB's. Both Josh Allen and Mayfield are on the opposite roster.
                      Agreed. It is weird how they put Mayfield, Allen, and Falk on the same team. Hopefully Mike White is at QB when Goedert is in. That guy is legit. As the shriner game showed, receivers are definitely reliant on QBs getting them the ball to be able to display anything. Nice thing is, when a QB is new to a system, they usually rely on underneath routes and easier throws, which could end up helping Goedert.

Comment

The week of practice is what actually matters at these things. Hopefully he's able to show his stuff there.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                          The week of practice is what actually matters at these things. Hopefully he's able to show his stuff there.
                          I thought I saw a tweet that showed Goedert on the sideline of practice with ice on his hamstring/leg...hopefully it doesn't impact ability to practice/play this week.
                          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                            I thought I saw a tweet that showed Goedert on the sideline of practice with ice on his hamstring/leg...hopefully it doesn't impact ability to practice/play this week.
                            http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cf...?sf180090610=1

He was out with an injury today :/

Comment

Working...
                            X