Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits @ Ole Miss Rebels

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    We're seeing something that won't show in the game stats. It isn't real pretty but it gets us through the rough spots. Team scrappiness?
    Agreed! A shout out to Lane Severyn. He made some big plays when we really needed them. Great to see the senior getting it done. He may get more PT for it.

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Late in the overtime Lane slapped the ball loose and we got possession, preventing another shot to tie the game. That was a big turnover he caused.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
        Daum is excellent at taking it to guys like that and getting fouls. Not only aren’t we going for that but our 6’9” 4-spot is out beyond the arc and not rebounding.

SUPERBUNNY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Daum's real strength is his perimeter game. He's a tough match-up out there. The Jacks are wise to go with it. I don't think that trying to turn him into a traditional post would be a good move.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
          Daum's real strength is his perimeter game. He's a tough match-up out there. The Jacks are wise to go with it. I don't think that trying to turn him into a traditional post would be a good move.
          That's why you're seeing Howell down low so much . . . he's essentially playing the post. Wildly undersized to do so, but that's what he's doing.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Winning in overtime on the road is something you can't simulate in practice. That ending should be a confidence booster later in the season, whether the game should have gotten to that point or not. Congratulations to the team.
            Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Some of you are going to have to get on board with the 3 pointer. It's 2017. It's how basketball is played now.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I'll toss out there that Theisen had some good minutes too after Daum fouled out. He got caught with the retaliation with that technical early on . . . Miss. guy slapped the ball out of his hands (which in the olden days was itself a technical foul).
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  Some of you are going to have to get on board with the 3 pointer. It's 2017. It's how basketball is played now.
                  This. It's the only way teams like SDSU can make noise with the big boys.

Comment

Hardly inferring that we should turn him into just a straight up post player but he needs touches down low just as he does from outside. He is so good getting the ball down low, passing it, and sliding out for an open 3. That just feels more efficient for him and the team. That’s the best thing for the team IMHO. Him getting to the line last year was the most devastating part of his game. Made him unstoppable.

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                      Agreed that the three is the way to compete with the big boys but we may disagree in how the best way to get the open threes. This guy loves the three.

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        That's why you're seeing Howell down low so much . . . he's essentially playing the post. Wildly undersized to do so, but that's what he's doing.
                        well that and howell likes to play close to the basket. I feel workin\ daum down low working the ball through him but then working him out when he gets the mismatch. His game needs to get fouled and get to free throw line.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

This game turned out perfectly. Many teachable moments to clean up in practice but you can't simulate a game like that in a practice. How about away to see how the team reacts in adversity and a chance to tell your freshman guard "take the ball and go win the game for us". Valuable experience gained.

Comment

I think that in the past we lose this game in regulation after squandering the lead. For sure we would have lost in overtime once our "star" fouled out. But what we have found in Jenkins, Jr is something special. This should be a fun year to watch.
                            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

To be honest, this game turned out how I thought it would, especially while watching the first half on somebody's phone. I figured the Jacks would win in a tough fought battle, and while watching the first-half, I somehow knew they would blow that huge lead. I'm proud of them for sticking through it and "finding a way" to get a great road win. More great teams ahead in the non-conference schedule; hoping for a PAC-12 win against Colorado to get a 3rd P5 win! (A MVC and American win would be nice, too. )
                              Rollin' in my 5.0
                              With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                              Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

I'm extremely impressed with this win. This team had every reason to fold down the stretch and didn't. They showed an incredible amount of toughness in the last five minutes of regulation and overtime.

Comment

Working...
                                X