Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits @ Ole Miss Rebels

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
    TJ makes me want to get out there and play. We're lucky to have that guy.
    My guess is that we will see TJ move on much, much sooner that Scott. He has built himself a nice little coaching resume in a short amount of time. I have no doubt, that if he stayed, he would build SDSU into a powerhouse Mid-Major.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
      My guess is that we will see TJ move on much, much sooner that Scott. He has built himself a nice little coaching resume in a short amount of time. I have no doubt, that if he stayed, he would build SDSU into a powerhouse Mid-Major.
      I think it always was the case that TJ would move on and move up in the coaching world if he had success at SDSU. That's life as usual in the mid-major ranks. For instance, if he wins an NCAA tournament game at SDSU he'd very likely be somewhere else the next year. AD Sell needs to keep his contacts list current, I think.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
        I think it always was the case that TJ would move on and move up in the coaching world if he had success at SDSU. That's life as usual in the mid-major ranks. For instance, if he wins an NCAA tournament game at SDSU he'd very likely be somewhere else the next year. AD Sell needs to keep his contacts list current, I think.
        Maybe Ryan Miller will be available if that happens

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          Personally I think that TJ sticks around at least 2 more years. One more year, presumably, with Daum and one year with essentially "his" guys. However, I am okay with becoming a "spring board" to other jobs. Other programs don't usually cherry pick coaches from bad teams.

Of course he could turn into AJ and fall in love with the town, the school, and the job and stick around for many years.

Comment

I think we should put the cart back behind the horse. I’m not against TJ, but he needs some more time before we christen him the next coach K, dean smith, or whoever off the top of my head.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
              I think we should put the cart back behind the horse. I’m not against TJ, but he needs some more time before we christen him the next coach K, dean smith, or whoever off the top of my head.
              I must have missed the post comparing him to Coach K or Dean Smith.

TJ impressed me last year by the way he handled the beginning of the season. He had a plan and he stuck to it. When the previous coach leaves the cupboard bare of any real experience at PG/SG, it could have been much worse. But he got the team to buy into what he was doing and it paid off by the end of the season. He relied heavily on Daum, as he should, last year. This year I think that we can all agree they are way better than they were to start last year.

Comment

Don't discount Brookings and SDSU. TJ knows the fishbowl that is a P5 school. It's not a matter if but when you lose your job at a school like Iowa State.

Comment

His teams shoot too many 3s imo
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                    I must have missed the post comparing him to Coach K or Dean Smith.

TJ impressed me last year by the way he handled the beginning of the season. He had a plan and he stuck to it. When the previous coach leaves the cupboard bare of any real experience at PG/SG, it could have been much worse. But he got the team to buy into what he was doing and it paid off by the end of the season. He relied heavily on Daum, as he should, last year. This year I think that we can all agree they are way better than they were to start last year.
                    You said it. He had/has Daum. But to assume he is going to vault up the coaching ladder because of a lucky win in the Summit league tourney is not real realistic imo. I’m not against him, but I think he needs to prove himself more in the next couple of years to be considered to make the move. He might be a big deal in our pond, but remember the size of our pond. Btw, those were just merely examples. But whatever

Comment

Originally posted by wcbsas View Post
                      Don't discount Brookings and SDSU. TJ knows the fishbowl that is a P5 school. It's not a matter if but when you lose your job at a school like Iowa State.
                      Yes they lose their job and laugh all the way to the bank!

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                          Ever watch a Kentucky, Iowa State or NBA game?

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                            Yes they lose their job and laugh all the way to the bank!
                            And then what does he do?

Comment

You said it. He had/has Daum. But to assume he is going to vault up the coaching ladder because of a lucky win in the Summit league tourney is not real realistic imo. I’m not against him, but I think he needs to prove himself more in the next couple of years to be considered to make the move. He might be a big deal in our pond, but remember the size of our pond. Btw, those were just merely examples. But whatever
                              Lucky win????

They won 7 of their last 10 regular season games ... beat the #3, #1 and #5 seeds in the Summit tournament.

A first year coach, with a team devoid of any guard experience.

Comment

Originally posted by wcbsas View Post
                                Ever watch a Kentucky, Iowa State or NBA game?
                                nope
                                Originally posted by JackFan96
                                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                                X