NDSU football players dismissed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU football players dismissed

I read the news and listened to Coach K's announcement about three guys getting the boot from the Bison football team. No explanation was offered other than the standard "violation of team rules" (I intend no criticism of the coach...the press can investigate and figure it out).

Many times in the past (when I was afflicted with the urge to visit Bisonville), I read posts on Bisonville solemly declaring "Once a bison, always a bison". Those posts seemed to always appear when an athlete transferred away from NDSU or simply quit playing for the bison. Does that old bromide apply in cases when a bison becomes a former bison due to dismissal? I suppose that is a rhetorical question.

Re: NDSU football players dismissed

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    I read the news and listened to Coach K's announcement about three guys getting the boot from the Bison football team. No explanation was offered other than the standard "violation of team rules" (I intend no criticism of the coach...the press can investigate and figure it out).

Many times in the past (when I was afflicted with the urge to visit Bisonville), I read posts on Bisonville solemly declaring "Once a bison, always a bison". Those posts seemed to always appear when an athlete transferred away from NDSU or simply quit playing for the bison. Does that old bromide apply in cases when a bison becomes a former bison due to dismissal? I suppose that is a rhetorical question.
    Sadly, I think that term only works when we want it to work. It should probably read, Once a Bison, always a Bison, unless they are not...but that just doesn't roll off the tongue...

Comment

Re: NDSU football players dismissed

Just about every program is going to have issues. I can't imagine have close to 100 teenage sons and nothing going awry at some point. Actually it would be a miracle. My question tho is drug testing done on a random basis?

Comment

Working...
      X