GDT: DSU vs SDSU back in Frost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: DSU vs SDSU back in Frost

The Trojans(5-4) come to Brookings today for an exhibition game for them and a counter for the Jackrabbits. After today the Jackrabbits head to Ole Miss and back to the Pentagon for Mo State on a busy Saturday. 2-1 at the Caymans is an acceptable Thanksgiving trip. The season will treat those victories as good victories against more prestigious conference foes. It is a nice afternoon to go watch a basketball game that should not be close at halftime. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: DSU vs SDSU back in Frost

When is SDSU/Summit league going to get with the times and offer free video?

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
      When is SDSU/Summit league going to get with the times and offer free video?
      I don't mind supporting/ paying to watch Jacks. I believe that Summit games should be available via the GoJacks feed. This includes the away games.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
        The Trojans(5-4) come to Brookings today for an exhibition game for them and a counter for the Jackrabbits. After today the Jackrabbits head to Ole Miss and back to the Pentagon for Mo State on a busy Saturday. 2-1 at the Caymans is an acceptable Thanksgiving trip. The season will treat those victories as good victories against more prestigious conference foes. It is a nice afternoon to go watch a basketball game that should not be close at halftime. Go Jacks!!
        Exhibition for Dakota State, but not for the Jacks.

Comment

6-2 on rebounds, and 15-8 at 14:54 left in 1st half. Some good assists, and selection of shots.

Comment

I agree don't mind paying to support department. Love the new large lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
              I don't mind supporting/ paying to watch Jacks. I believe that Summit games should be available via the GoJacks feed. This includes the away games.
              Yes, a summit league network. On par with many other conferences.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                This just seems odd to me. You would think that the NCAA would make it either/or.
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                  This just seems odd to me. You would think that the NCAA would make it either/or.
                  NCAA limits the number of allowed exhibition games a member team can play. I have no idea whether or not the NAIA does the same. Different governing bodies, different rules.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    NCAA limits the number of allowed exhibition games a member team can play. I have no idea whether or not the NAIA does the same. Different governing bodies, different rules.
                    i believe Division I teams can only do a max of 2 and they need to be at the start of the season. I believe NAIA can do up to something like 6 and can really do them at any point in their schedule.

Comment

If you are like me did not attend, but curious about score. SDSU 92 DSU 60. I believe DSU still has the coach who also coached Fort Hays a few year back and was a thorn that kept us out Elite 8 appearance in D2. Fort Hays hosted the regional that year, and it was Nagy's first year as head coach. Gary Garner is his name thanks to google. I believe he went from Fort Hays to SEMO and then to DSU. Appears a coast into retirement. He must have found a nice home on Lake Madison or Lake Herman.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        If you are like me did not attend, but curious about score. SDSU 92 DSU 60. I believe DSU still has the coach who also coached Fort Hays a few year back and was a thorn that kept us out Elite 8 appearance in D2. Fort Hays hosted the regional that year, and it was Nagy's first year as head coach. Gary Garner is his name thanks to google. I believe he went from Fort Hays to SEMO and then to DSU. Appears a coast into retirement. He must have found a nice home on Lake Madison or Lake Herman.
                        Garner is battling cancer and is no longer on the sidelines during games.
                        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                          That I do not get ... an important meaningful game for one team but a game that doesn't really count for the other team. Yes, SDSU should beat DSU 100 times out of 100 but DSU can do things and play the game in such a way that the outcome doesn't matter!

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                            Garner is battling cancer and is no longer on the sidelines during games.
                            Sad to hear. He is a great coach. Not a Coach Dale as in the movie Hoosiers but close.
                            Last edited by Nidaros; 11-27-2017, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X