X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game Week: UNI rd 2 (2017 playoffs)

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    Define "fan base."

Some of us are talking about attracting new, non-fans into the "fan base." Others are talking about making sports fans who aren't SDSU fans into SDSU fans. Others are talking about making not-particularly-intense SDSU fans into more intense SDSU fans. Others are talking about making more intense SDSU fans into rabid SDSU fans.

And then there are the rabid fans that start posting here.
    That's pretty deep!

Comment

As a long distance RabidRabbit fan, I do what I canto support the Jacks team. Playoffs will always be a challenge because don’t have much time to get good travel values. Came up for the Dakota Marker, but had all arrangements booked in July.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
        Do you live by me in hartford?
        I am on the golf course.

Comment

Originally posted by Hartford108 View Post
          I am on the golf course.
          One of my favorite courses in the area. Played in the Printer's Open for a few years.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I am on the golf course.
            fun golf course. golfed there for the first time last summer with my kids, who both live in sf. one of my favorites around sf also.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
              fun golf course. golfed there for the first time last summer with my kids, who both live in sf. one of my favorites around sf also.
              White has a really fun 9-hole course. As does DeSmet and Volga. What does that have to do with the game on Saturday you ask? I hope for long drives at both. Also, they both use tees.
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
                Agree with this. A few years ago I was stuck in traffic in downtown Minneapolis somewhere near the Target Center. Guess what was staring at me and every other person on the road? A very fancy video billboard showing NDSU and 5 National Championship Trophies. I lived in the Twin Cities from 2013-2015 and saw A LOT of NDSU billboards during that time, and I really can't recall seeing a single SDSU billboard. When talking with people around the Twin Cities about SDSU, they commonly ask, "are they the same as Mankato or Winona or St. Cloud?" and my reply (after trying to explain D1 vs D2, FCS vs FBS, etc., and then leaving them even more confused) is that "they are the same as NDSU, and really just as competitive as NDSU is."
                This. I travel a lot and meet a lot of people from all over the country. Whenever I tell someone that I went to South Dakota State, the question is always "oh that's the good football school right?" Or "that's the green and yellow team right?" Or "is that the bison?" Drives me up the wall but there's good reason for it.

And how about wearing your jackrabbit stuff out in public? Next time you're at the mall of america or any airport in the country, look at all the ndsu people wearing their stuff, it's easy to recognize the ugly green quickly. Heck I live in Colorado now and see ndsu apparel on a regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
                  This. I travel a lot and meet a lot of people from all over the country. Whenever I tell someone that I went to South Dakota State, the question is always "oh that's the good football school right?" Or "that's the green and yellow team right?" Or "is that the bison?" Drives me up the wall but there's good reason for it.

And how about wearing your jackrabbit stuff out in public? Next time you're at the mall of america or any airport in the country, look at all the ndsu people wearing their stuff, it's easy to recognize the ugly green quickly. Heck I live in Colorado now and see ndsu apparel on a regular basis.
                  I usually wear SDSU when we are out or shopping for those reasons. Often I try to pay attention to how much to see of SDSU or USD and its easy SDSU the most, but NDSU is a lot of SF now. I was at my sons cub scouts day camp. there was the same amount of SDSU and NDSU and no USD there. They NDSU fans were pretty decent to talk too. Not sure if any of them come on here but they clearly knew their stuff and talked about how the SDSU was going to be a tough game at the time.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I am a season ticket holder for both. But I will admit I like to watch the BB, especially WBB, over football. Maybe its the the tradition, maybe its because the winter months are my down time. I actually enjoy the smaller confines of Frost Arena. It's sure a lot homier (sp). Just me though.

Comment

• Re: Game Week: UNI rd 2 (2017 playoffs)

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                      I am a season ticket holder for both. But I will admit I like to watch the BB, especially WBB, over football. Maybe its the the tradition, maybe its because the winter months are my down time. I actually enjoy the smaller confines of Frost Arena. It's sure a lot homier (sp). Just me though.
                      But I grew up as a child watching Mark become a legend

Comment

I am on the golf course.
                        I'm south of the car crusher. but Hey you should come tailgate with us PM me and I'll have a beer for ya!

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          I usually wear SDSU when we are out or shopping for those reasons. Often I try to pay attention to how much to see of SDSU or USD and its easy SDSU the most, but NDSU is a lot of SF now. I was at my sons cub scouts day camp. there was the same amount of SDSU and NDSU and no USD there. They NDSU fans were pretty decent to talk too. Not sure if any of them come on here but they clearly knew their stuff and talked about how the SDSU was going to be a tough game at the time.
                          I don't know. I saw about eight too many Bison fans when I went to see the Vikes play the Rams, an experience capped off by one Bison fan who felt it necessary to tell his son that the youngster would need to operate the elevator at our hotel because I was an SDSU grad (illustrated by me wearing one of my Jacks shirts and a Jacks hat), meaning I "could not read."

My sister-in-law, a 'Yote fan, was entertained. Me -- it just confirmed Bison fans are not to be trusted

Comment

Working...
                          X