Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game Week: UNI rd 2 (2017 playoffs)

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Yes, this is begging. SDSU putting out a tweet a few days ago informing students how they could get their $5 ticket wasn't begging. IMO, but what do I know.
    It is much like trying to give away regular season tickets for a game that may get a little cold. The one ticket that did not get used was a great way to reenter after halftime after a refresher toddy. Some people need the gate wide open to spark interest and then free does not work either. It may not be the market they should be courting. Maybe they need a bus or two to transport people to Brookings from Sioux Falls and they can tailgate both ways!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      I believe ESPN has exclusive rights to the play-offs, so I don't think Midco was a possibility.
      that would do it. midco would do a great job and just show it on espn3 like they will anway.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
        Sure would be nice if DVR's worked with ESPN3. Well, at least if you can't catch it work you can watch the replay on ESPN3. Just would suck to keep away from everyone/social media to not have the outcome ruined.
        I'll ruin the outcome right now... Jacks win, 35-21.

Comment

So, I could buy 4, 50 yard line seats together for Saturday? I don't get it. Do people realize you have a realistic shot at a national title?

Comment

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
            So, I could buy 4, 50 yard line seats together for Saturday? I don't get it. Do people realize you have a realistic shot at a national title?
            ... we know how sad the situation is...

Comment

Pathetic, isnt it. If we cant get 10000 for this playoff game, we never will. Unless we host the bison and you get 13000 fans and we have 6000

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                Pathetic, isnt it.
                to bad they didn't market this as the HOBO DAY 2.0 game and offer like half off tickets if you bought tickets for hobo day. maybe a free shirt give away for students or something. would love to be there since usually late season crowds I tend to find are my favorites. we need to get those 5000 that make it fun with the small crowd and some how triple that number. If we could do that, it would be a legit. All in good time i suppose.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

So did you buy them??
                  SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    to bad they didn't market this as the HOBO DAY 2.0 game and offer like half off tickets if you bought tickets for hobo day. maybe a free shirt give away for students or something. would love to be there since usually late season crowds I tend to find are my favorites. we need to get those 5000 that make it fun with the small crowd and some how triple that number. If we could do that, it would be a legit. All in good time i suppose.
                    We could hand out free tickets and the stadium will still be 1/2 full. Just not enough passionate fans who have to be at the game.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                      We could hand out free tickets and the stadium will still be 1/2 full. Just not enough passionate fans who have to be at the game.
                      Agree. I will be there that is all I care about anymore.
                      Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 11-30-2017, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                        that's a thought too.

I was thinking so many fans show up when its hobo day just because its hobo day. market it that again since we are playing the same team. the weather will be nicer for this game then the first meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                          Pathetic, isnt it. If we cant get 10000 for this playoff game, we never will. Unless we host the bison and you get 13000 fans and we have 6000
                          I wouldn't say that we never will. If we win a championship, that will certainly change things.

Comment

I think as long as SDSU doesn't go 3 and out, fumble, int, 3 and out and fumble all in the first quarter they should be OK. They did all of the and only had the football for 4 minutes in the first quarter (if I remember right).
                            I know that the special teams had 2 TO's in the first quarter but the offense ran 10 plays in three drives. That must mean they did get 1 first down in their first 3 drives.
                            UNI's offense did really control the game, they just got so many chances. If SDSU's defense plays as well as it did in that game I think SDSU should win by 10-13.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                              I wouldn't say that we never will. If we win a championship, that will certainly change things.
                              Would that change things....certainly it would. But how much? Not as much as people would want I'm afraid. I'm not saying I have the solution but winning and losing aren't the main factors in our attendance figure.

Comment

It will take the fans to adapt the Summit League Tournament mindset. The big problem is that this time of year keeps younger families away due to the numerous activities now vs March. Also, the number of people that leave for the holidays creates attention problems. The time of year that these playoff games occur create some of the problems. The SLT does not depend on students for attendance as this tourney is also during a spring break. I would take the bus them in approach. It would remove the driving many people like to avoid. You may even get a dinner in Brookings with the package. Find some areas that have alumni and market the trip.
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X