Game Week: UNI rd 2 (2017 playoffs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Week: UNI rd 2 (2017 playoffs)

Let’s go! No surprises this time. Be ready for the 3-4 or 4-3. Be ready for any running back. Lock up JB on Fountain.

Weather looks awesome and playoff crowds are some of the best in terms of engagement. Let’s go!
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Re: Game Week: UNI rd 2 (2017 playoffs)

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Let’s go! No surprises this time. Be ready for the 3-4 or 4-3. Be ready for any running back. Lock up JB on Fountain.
    Or Farley at FB, it sounds like.

Hopefully the Jacks make this their Rocky II ​moment.

Comment

I'm thinking more Rocky 3 where they got caught up in their own hype, lost, learned some moves from Apollo Creed, then crush their nemesis. I pity the fools.

Comment

On a side note just watched creed for the first time last night.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post
          I'm thinking more Rocky 3 where they got caught up in their own hype, lost, learned some moves from Apollo Creed, then crush their nemesis. I pity the fools.
          That'd be a great storyline for the Jacks defeating the Bison for the championship.

Comment

Past results:

2010 Loss 14-24 at UNI
            2011 Loss 14-31 at SDSU
            2012 Loss 6-27 at UNI
            2013 Win 37-34 at SDSU
            2014 Win 31-28 at UNI
            2015 Loss 7-10 at SDSU
            2016 Win 45-24 at UNI
            2017 Loss 18-38 at SDSU

This is going to be a dog fight.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

No more "improvement" weeks, give TC the ball! Git R Done! Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                Past results:

2010 Loss 14-24 at UNI
                2011 Loss 14-31 at SDSU
                2012 Loss 6-27 at UNI
                2013 Win 37-34 at SDSU
                2014 Win 31-28 at UNI
                2015 Loss 7-10 at SDSU
                2016 Win 45-24 at UNI
                2017 Loss 18-38 at SDSU

This is going to be a dog fight.
                Another way to look at it: UNI definitely had our number in the early years of D-1. OTOH, since then we've moved up to even or better...re our 3 out of 5 against them since 2013...I think we make it 4 out of 6 on Saturday.

Comment

I rewatched the Hobo Day is was painful to watch, but if ingnore the special team fumbles and the Defense backed up on their side of the field the defense didn’t look to bad. Clean up some missed tackles and I think we will keep UNI off the field. I think the big thing in this game is that we didn’t get TC going we tried to run the FB and then needed TC to make a play and was just off that day. The pick six was a forced bad read, missed some wide open deep balls that would ve changed the momentum big time instead of the downward spiral that our team fell in. I really think we are not the same team we where then so let’s kick some panther butt.
                  Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
                    I rewatched the Hobo Day is was painful to watch, but if ingnore the special team fumbles and the Defense backed up on their side of the field the defense didn’t look to bad. Clean up some missed tackles and I think we will keep UNI off the field. I think the big thing in this game is that we didn’t get TC going we tried to run the FB and then needed TC to make a play and was just off that day. The pick six was a forced bad read, missed some wide open deep balls that would ve changed the momentum big time instead of the downward spiral that our team fell in. I really think we are not the same team we where then so let’s kick some panther butt.
                    You got more courage than most of us. Never experienced a heart breaker for a Hobo Day game than this years game. Even 1953 where now D3 St John's came to town and pulled an upset. According to the media guide, SDSU went on win the NCC that year. So who knows about Saturday, its indeed winnable.

Comment

O/U 40 carries for Weymiller?

Shutting him down will be key.

Hopefully the Jacks can get the ball first and score a TD. Avoid the costly turnovers and stupid penalties.

I would be shocked if SDSU played as bad this time around as they did on Hobo Day. The weather will be perfect for December football.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post

Hopefully the Jacks can get the ball first and score a TD. Avoid the costly turnovers and stupid penalties.

I would be shocked if SDSU played as bad this time around as they did on Hobo Day. The weather will be perfect for December football.
                        The weather looks like it will be a nice day for a football game. I hope to see a good crowd at the game! I will take the under on Weymiller!

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post

I would guess SDSU gets the ball first. I think UNI prefers to start on defense...but I could be mistaken. I so wish our games didn't overlap...I'd really like to watch this one.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                            I would guess SDSU gets the ball first. I think UNI prefers to start on defense...but I could be mistaken. I so wish our games didn't overlap...I'd really like to watch this one.
                            They should just play our game on one of your video boards so when your fans get board from the shellacking of San Diego that will be well under way by the end of the 1st quarter, they can be entertained by our game.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                              They should just play our game on one of your video boards so when your fans get board from the shellacking of San Diego that will be well under way by the end of the 1st quarter, they can be entertained by our game.
                              I'm really hoping the entertaining part of our game is the offense firing on all cylinders and the D playing tough...

Comment

Working...
                              X