5 on 3 Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 on 3 Basketball

Saw something I have never seen before. Minnesota and Alabama, both undefeated and ranked in the top 25 squared off today in Brooklyn. The Gophers were up when a pushing match broke out in front of the Alabama bench with about 11 minutes left. All Bama's bench players came on to the floor and were ejected, leaving them with 5 players. Alabama then had a player foul out, and shortly thereafter another rolled an ankle and had to be carried off the floor. The Gophers were up by 10 and played 5 on 3 for roughly 7 minutes. You could tell they didn't really know whether to attack or take it easy and the offense went stagnant. Bama had a freshman get hot (scored 40 points) and only lost the game by 5. Guess the Gophers hadn't practiced their power play enough.

Re: 5 on 3 Basketball

I tuned in after it was 5 on 3... It was just wild. Looked like a practice drill or something. Bama got within 3 at one point, it was crazy how they went off while being double teamed every time down the court.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      I tuned in after it was 5 on 3... It was just wild. Looked like a practice drill or something. Bama got within 3 at one point, it was crazy how they went off while being double teamed every time down the court.
      What I can't understand is how Bama got 7 or 8 players ejected and never got called for even one technical. You would think the Gophers should have gotten at least two free throws out of the deal. If I was Pitino, I would have been tempted to play 4 players on defense and leave one at the other end to cherry-pick.

Comment

It was 5 on 3 for the final 10:41 and the Goofs got outscored 30-22 in that stretch. Unreal.
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Watched some highlights of the game, and you can tell Alabama's coach created a good plan for them. Created a triangle inside the arc for defense and essentially made Minnesota have to shoot 3s and jumpers. Also, Alabama's players simply would not quit. They actually have some pretty great players on their team that can move fast and flat out shoot. They would try to go down the court quickly so they could try to get points with little worry from the defense, and they were doing well from the 3-point line.

Should Minnesota have won easily? Maybe, but Alabama's coach is no dumby and his players are not quitters.
          Rollin' in my 5.0
          With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
          Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Working...
          X