GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Charlotte 49ers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Charlotte 49ers

Charlotte enters 2-3 today with all 3 losses coming at the hands of Big 10 teams. The 49ers should not offer quite the game NC State brought. The Jackrabbits did a good job on the bigs yesterday. They spent a few fouls with Thompson and Larson, but they were not outscored in paint as most of NC State's earlier games. The tough games at Frost next week need another win to keep the game performance ramping higher. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Charlotte 49ers

Thanks for the preview, Old Harey One. I'd like to see another Jack step up today to help keep this bus rolling. Selland rose to the occasion against NCS. It sounds like Stevens got knocked pretty hard in the head at practice. Hopefully she'll be able to return to action soon. Go, Jacks!
    Last edited by Jacked_Up; 11-25-2017, 11:46 AM.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Guebert hits a three at the buzzer to give the Jacks a 71-70 win !

Comment

I believe their biggest lead of the game was one point, 3 times and then the winning margin.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          Guebert hits a three at the buzzer to give the Jacks a 71-70 win !
          Awesome Shot!

Comment

Wow! Jacks trail most of the game and pull it out at the very end. Way to hang in there, Jacks! Miller scores 25.
            This space for lease.

Comment

Whew - a classic "trap game" that almost ensnared us. It would have been disappointing to smudge the record with that type of loss so early. Glad to see they gritted it out and kept the train rolling. It would be excellent if they could come into the Louisville game with momentum and votes in the polls. One more to take care of this week first.

Comment

Is Bultsma injured or doesn't the coaching staff have any confidence in using her ? Both Thompson and Larson were in foul trouble early against Charlotte's big post and she never saw the floor. She has only played briefly in one game.

Comment

She's not real mobile,that could be the reason she wasn't brought in against Charlotte.In fact,not a whole lot of easy games in the OOC portion of our schedule.I think we see her more in Summit games,just guessing.She's probably being brought in slowly in her development,she's got a nice shot and uses the backboard,just a little more time needed.

Comment

Did anyone have the Hoops video that could explain how Thompson and Larson pick up 9 fouls in each of these 2 games? Did the taller post players create the problems or do the officiating crews in the southeast call things differently?
                    Last edited by OldHare; 11-25-2017, 05:51 PM.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Like most teams, the Jacks struggle against opponents with good bigs. Not much depth to defend them. Thompson does well, but she fouled out again with a few minutes to go. Larson also seems to do well, but she was in foul trouble, too. Stevens is hurt, and Bultsma apparently hasn't earned serious playing time yet. Maybe Flaata will heal up, get in shape and provide some good minutes at post.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                        Like most teams, the Jacks struggle against opponents with good bigs. Not much depth to defend them. Thompson does well, but she fouled out again with a few minutes to go. Larson also seems to do well, but she was in foul trouble, too. Stevens is hurt, and Bultsma apparently hasn't earned serious playing time yet. Maybe Flaata will heal up, get in shape and provide some good minutes at post.
                        Thompson isn't taking well to her new role as a 5. Larson is athletic and can play but she needs to clean up the dumb plays she makes. I really wish Bultsma was a notch quicker, she just isn't though, and that leads to her trying to recover and usually fouling. Flaata is what she is, maybe when she gets healthy she can give a very few minutes and not cost us. Chynna is a solid player and can be depended on for substantial minutes, I just wish her shot wasn't so iffy. Just my critical analysis.

Comment

Video of the buzzer-beater up on twitter. Sorry there's no sound.

https://twitter.com/GoJacksWBB/statu...46842142040071
                          Rollin' in my 5.0
                          With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                          Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                            Video of the buzzer-beater up on twitter. Sorry there's no sound.

https://twitter.com/GoJacksWBB/statu...46842142040071
                            didnt need sound. was just glad to see the shot

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                              didnt need sound. was just glad to see the shot
                              Finally getting to see the shot.

Rant time: I can't believe in the year of our Lord, two thousand and seventeen, a soundless 6 second clip is apparently all that is recorded of a collegiate competition. The same goes for the mens games wherever they were. No highlight videos, nothing.
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                              X