Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs Wolfpack in Florida

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Nope, was her first game back. Only missed the North Dakota game.
    She played one game slightly injured,the one before the one she missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
      Oh man... this announcer... Classic!

Freshman Myah Selland currently outscoring top-25 NC State 11-1.

And after 11:30 of play it is Selland 11, NC State 10.... And the Jacks up 22-10.
      I like him as an announcer,pretty humorous at times,like when a player who picks up the "loose change" (a miss) and puts it back in the "change holder" (the bucket).Another time ,he commented ,that Miller "rides in on her high horse" and puts it in the basket(Kerri Young another time).Don't know what he means by that ,whether or not he thinks they're conceited,I don't know (actually I do know,he doesn't).One of the announcers calls the paint the "driveway" because of it's size I assume..The free throw line is "the dotted line",etc.I like colorful comments that are somewhat out of the ordinary to add some humor to the game once in awhile,only when we're ahead of course.Brad Pederson and Scotty Kwas (sp?) ,both very good announcers.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
        I like him as an announcer,pretty humorous at times,like when a player who picks up the "loose change" (a miss) and puts it back in the "change holder" (the bucket).Another time ,he commented ,that Miller "rides in on her high horse" and puts it in the basket(Kerri Young another time).Don't know what he means by that ,whether or not he thinks they're conceited,I don't know (actually I do know,he doesn't).One of the announcers calls the paint the "driveway" because of it's size I assume..The free throw line is "the dotted line",etc.I like colorful comments that are somewhat out of the ordinary to add some humor to the game once in awhile,only when we're ahead of course.Brad Pederson and Scotty Kwas (sp?) ,both very good announcers.
        Sounds like i should have stuck it out longer with the audio before syncing up with the WNAX feed from my phone. That works pretty well, by the way.

It's critical to avoid a letdown tomorrow - and conditions will be ripe for one. Take care of business between now and the Louisville game!

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
          Sounds like i should have stuck it out longer with the audio before syncing up with the WNAX feed from my phone. That works pretty well, by the way.

It's critical to avoid a letdown tomorrow - and conditions will be ripe for one. Take care of business between now and the Louisville game!
          My bad,I was referring to the WNAX radio feed anounncers,Scotty and Brad,they alternate games.Yes,critical to avoid a letdown tomorrow,agree.

Comment

Here’s a link to the NC State official website and its post-game story with stats etc.
            http://gopack.com/news/2017/11/24/wo...ota-state.aspx

Link to the game story with same box score etc on GoJacks.com:
            http://gojacks.com/news/2017/11/24/w...-nc-state.aspx

interesting to see the different point of view from each story. GoJacks calls it an upset because we took down a ranked opponent. The NC State story quotes the Wolfpack coach noting that NC State missed on a chance to get a good RPI win.

Attendance just 132. Yikes!

A convincing win today May convince some voters to start placing the Jacks in the top 25 again — Green Bay’s continued good fortune would help our cause now and at the end of the season when that loss will be fully calculated.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              Here’s a link to the NC State official website and its post-game story with stats etc.
              http://gopack.com/news/2017/11/24/wo...ota-state.aspx

Link to the game story with same box score etc on GoJacks.com:
              http://gojacks.com/news/2017/11/24/w...-nc-state.aspx

interesting to see the different point of view from each story. GoJacks calls it an upset because we took down a ranked opponent. The NC State story quotes the Wolfpack coach noting that NC State missed on a chance to get a good RPI win.

Attendance just 132. Yikes!

A convincing win today May convince some voters to start placing the Jacks in the top 25 again — Green Bay’s continued good fortune would help our cause now and at the end of the season when that loss will be fully calculated.
              Maybe it's just me but I don't really consider the game yesterday an upset. I'm getting to the point with this program where I almost expect wins in games like this.

Comment

Great win over the pack, the ladies should be able to win the conference title yet again this year.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                  How about Sydney Palmer,quietly coming in with limited minutes and going 7-9 ,shooting a whopping 77.8 % fg percentage so far this young season.Unsung hero,can't get any more productive than that.Hit a big one today that AJ commented on.She's one who puts a lot of time on her shooting in practice.
                  I am definitely not a Palmer fan, but I will say I think she has done a good job in her new niche role this season. she has enough experience to give us some limited minutes to give others a breather.
                  I also agree that Greeen Bay should be getting some serious looks at being in the top 25, I don't mind getting beat by them, but the way we got beat was tough. Maybe them being in the top 25 would ease the pain!

Comment

Working...
                  X