GDT: Bulls vs Jackrabbits near the ocean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Bulls vs Jackrabbits near the ocean

There is no time to remember the game from yesterday as Buffalo Bulls(3-1) dispatched UAB in overtime 96-91 and they get their legs for today's 1:30 game. Buffalo could not quite handle #12 Cincinatti losing 73-67 on the first day. Buffalo has been giving 4 and 5 players in each game 30-40 minutes(plus overtime). Sizewise the Jackrabbits should match fairly well. The Bull bench has about 100 minutes in the 2 games with one reserve getting 42 minutes of those. The Jackrabbit bench has played about 158 minutes. The third day in a row could find some fatigue factors in the Jackrabbit favor. If Daum can add his regular 20 points to the Jackrabbit total, we could see the Jackrabbits leave the Cayman's in 5th place going 2-1. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: Bulls vs Jackrabbits near the ocean

For some reason we're 1 point underdogs in this game. I thought we would be favored. Oh well, let's go out and take care of business. I see Daum returning to form today and the Jacks winning by 10.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      For some reason we're 1 point underdogs in this game. I thought we would be favored. Oh well, let's go out and take care of business. I see Daum returning to form today and the Jacks winning by 10.
      Buffalo's one loss was a close loss to a top 25 team. Our losses . . . weren't.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I'll be more impressed with an win in this one than the Iowa game.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          I'll be more impressed with an win in this one than the Iowa game.
          Concur.

Although Buffalo's third game in three days is after the aforementioned close loss to top-15 Cincinnati followed by an overtime win, and they have had about six hours less to recover from that game than SDSU has had from their game yesterday. It's entirely possible that they'll run out of gas before SDSU will. We'll see. Perhaps we'll have an NBA-caliber-Daum Sighting today.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            Concur.

Although Buffalo's third game in three days is after the aforementioned close loss to top-15 Cincinnati followed by an overtime win, and they have had about six hours less to recover from that game than SDSU has had from their game yesterday. It's entirely possible that they'll run out of gas before SDSU will. We'll see. Perhaps we'll have an NBA-caliber-Daum Sighting today.
            i would take over seas caliber myself

Comment

Jacks allow only 5 points in the first 8:00, contesting lots of shots and forcing four turnovers. The defense seems to have recovered from getting bombed in Lawrence.

18-8. 11:26.

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinJackrabbit View Post
                i would take over seas caliber myself
                Bulls not double- and triple-teaming Daum. This makes a difference.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Wow. What a half.

SDSU 46, Buffalo 24.

Daum with 16 points. Jacks shoot 57% while holding Buffalo to 27%

Comment

With King and Severyn on the bench for most of the half with two fouls each. Nice!

Comment

Great half. Howell with 5 rebounds and 2 assists to go with his 6 is huge. Jenkins also grabbing 4 boards.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

That has to be the best all-around half of basketball I've seen the Jacks play this year. They're defending hard, rebounding, moving the ball and shooting with confidence. Oh yeah, Daum is back as well.

46-24 at the half.

Buffalo lost by 6 to #12 Cincinnati a couple of days ago and they are picked to win their conference - at the least they seem to be good enough to compete for a title in the Summit.

Comment

Key just had a nice drive to the hoop off of a screen. I think this is where he can excel, as his speed allows him to blow by the guy switching or the guy getting screened and trying to recover. Having him in a pick and roll situation with Daum seems pretty enticing.

Comment

Jacks are letting Buffalo back in.

Jacks lead is 9, 10 min left.

Jacks were up by 22

Comment

6 turnovers in the last 6 minutes.
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                              X