Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Playoff ticket info

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    How do we get 2-3 thousand students to the game? Can it be done if the weather is good? Do students have to pay to get in?
    It would take a tug on the heart strings, like the last chance to see the seniors at home, a revenge game (if it is UNI), a potential future NFL stud, etc. Of course a donor stepping up and purchasing all students tickets wouldn't hurt either.
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

How do we get 2-3 thousand students to the game? Can it be done if the weather is good? Do students have to pay to get in?
      Student tickets were free in 2016. Be cool if athletic sponsors with rental properties would give student tenants a $25-50 "Jack Backers" rental credit for attending the playoff game.

Comment

$5...

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
          Student tickets were free in 2016. Be cool if athletic sponsors with rental properties would give student tenants a $25-50 "Jack Backers" rental credit for attending the playoff game.
          What athletic sponsors own a bunch of properties in Brookings?

Comment

I’m all for boosters/sponsors stepping up especially for students but when is it time for fans to step?

*I’m not referring to your specific idea.

Comment

I'd be for it. One complication is that the scanners haven't worked for a couple of our tickets, and I'm guessing they just toss the tear-off stubs, so they probably couldn't accurately monitor attendance.
              I would think that if implemented, they would have that bug worked out. I just think it is time to reward the fans that actually take the time to attend a playoff game.

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
              I’m all for boosters/sponsors stepping up especially for students but when is it time for fans to step?

I would be interested to see what the ratio is of students to fans in the bigger programs. What about the consistent drawing teams (NDSU, JMU, The Montana schools)?
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

To a student who can get into a game for free all year, why are they going to pay 5 bucks at the end of the year when it's colder?
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  What athletic sponsors own a bunch of properties in Brookings?
                  Mills Property and Den-Wil are two whose names I've seen on ads and the scoreboard when they list the group of sponsors/donors. Believe I've also seen Moriarty mentioned in the past, but I could be mistaken.

They're also listed on pg. 36 of 11/11/17 The Bum game program as members of the Jackrabbit Business Alliance.
                  Last edited by jakejc795; 11-25-2017, 08:26 AM. Reason: Added Bum program citation

Comment

Think we agree that we're past that point, but I'd need to know primary reasons why they're not attending.

Weather could be a factor for some; game times/possible night driving a factor for some; and ticket prices another possible explanation. Can't do much about the weather, although I suppose "Jackrabbit Country" tire retailers could run a promo where fans could get a discount for studded/winter tires with proof of playoff ticket purchase. In addition, I'd support moving games an hour earlier to reduce driving at night, or hotels/motels could slightly reduce prices, again with proof of playoff attendance when reserving/purchasing rooms. Lastly, regular season ticket prices could be reduced by a few bucks to allow for more standardized prices (e.g., $30/$35 or $40/$45 versus the "odd" pricing of $37 or $47). I understand that our argument is that we've purchased tickets at these prices, so others should too, but that's suspect logic when we're trying to increase attendance and current non-attendees seemingly have different priorities.
                    Last edited by jakejc795; 11-25-2017, 08:27 AM. Reason: Added missing comma

Comment

Mills Property and Den-Wil are two whose names I've seen on ads and the scoreboard when they list the group of sponsors/donors. Believe I've also seen Moriarty mentioned in the past, but I could be mistaken.

Pretty sure they're also listed in The Bum game programs, but I don't currently have a copy from a recent game to confirm.
                      You do realize that Mills Property Management doesn't actually own any property right?

Comment

You do realize that Mills Property Management doesn't actually own any property right?
                        Not sure what you mean, but here is a listing of some apartments of theirs in Brookings.

Comment

Not sure what you mean, but here is a listing of some apartments of theirs in Brookings.
                          It's not their apartment. They only manage the property for a small percentage of the rent. It's owned by someone else.

Comment

It's not their apartment. They only manage the property for a small percentage of the rent. It's owned by someone else.
                            Such as the Mills family members. They manage other stuff too, but Mills Property Management takes care of family owned properties. From a legal standpoint, obviously these are distinct.
                            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                              Such as the Mills family members. They manage other stuff too, but Mills Property Management takes care of family owned properties. From a legal standpoint, obviously these are distinct.
                              Legal and financial. Asking Mill's to take $50 off rent would constitute a large percentage of their revenue off that unit in a month. I don't see much upside for them to do that. They've already got a guaranteed market every year.

Comment

The Moriarty family was very poor during the Great Depression as was nearly everyone. I have heard stories of how Grandma Moriarty would load the kids(John and Paul) up in the car and they would scurry the roads for pop bottles that were returnable for a cent or two. John and Paul have done very good in their property acquisitions and management. They have been very active in the SDSU Foundation. As far as helping students get to the playoff game, I am sure they have been asked to help out. I dont have a clue as to what their response was.

Comment

Working...
                                X