Playoff ticket info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Playoff ticket info

I thought the attendance # was accurate based on what I saw in the stadium. But that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
      I thought the attendance # was accurate based on what I saw in the stadium. But that's just me.
      I'm with you. The attendance number seemed accurate to me. It was better than what I was expecting (that's sad to say), but I don't think there were 10,000 people last week at the game. Sound, on the other hand, I could believe there were closer to 19,000! The fans who come to these games are there to, as Stig would say, be MAD. Now if only they could learn to shut-up when the Jacks are going for it on 4th downs?
      Rollin' in my 5.0
      With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
      Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

7500 people in a 19,000 seat stadium looks a lot different than last weekend. I would have been able to move to the 50 yard line if it were 7500. I was no where near the 50 yard line. Less attendance reported=more money in the athletic budget. Giving gate to the NCAA is like paying taxes, why pay more than absolutely necessary?
        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
          7500 people in a 19,000 seat stadium looks a lot different than last weekend. I would have been able to move to the 50 yard line if it were 7500. I was no where near the 50 yard line. Less attendance reported=more money in the athletic budget. Giving gate to the NCAA is like paying taxes, why pay more than absolutely necessary?
          As expected, midfield was a popular location, so I think there was considerable "buy cheap, sit elsewhere" movement toward midfield. For example, a father and his daughter, both Jacks fans who sit immediately in front of us, (who are regulars, typically with his wife and other daughter) being unable to sit in both of their seats because of a couple of UNI player's grandparents sitting next to them. The dad actually moved up a few rows behind us rather than get into an argument with the UNI fans. I also noticed quite a few UNI fans among the Jacks fans on the east side, and I suspect some of them chose to sit south of where their purchased tickets were. Plus, the west side did look sparser than normal.

As for attendance reporting, I just wouldn't want the Jacks to be audited/sanctioned for any inaccurate reporting.

Comment

Working...
          X