Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Playoff ticket info

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    Perhaps they are limiting cell service to keep Coach Eck from starting too much trouble at halftime?
    (taps chin contemplatively) . . .

Plausible.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I got out of my work Christmas party tomorrow evening in Sioux Falls so football game it is....
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
        I completely agree with #1. But I also feel like #2 is more in SDSU's control than people may think. No reason they can't truck in what they call C.O.Ws (cell on wheels) to boost the 4G coverage during home games. Example:

http://cellsitesolutions.com/portfolio-view/cows/

I agree that if we all make enough noise to the department they will listen. No doubt they know this is an issue but just haven't put enough attention to it for a reason we will likely never know.
        Well, we're supposed to be a COW college, aren't we?
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          Well, we're supposed to be a COW college, aren't we?
          The SDSU Online Bovine
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I was an engineer, so, no.
            Granted, it's more common in gen. ed./elective courses, but even engineers have to take a few of those. I totally understand that people raise the "we don't get extra credit in the real world" argument but performance bonuses, overtime, and other employment incentives indicate otherwise.

Concerns about watering down the coursework a la UNC is misleading as it was never suggested the amount of credit would reach those levels. Instructors can exercise some creativity in enticing students to make conceptual connections related to their coursework, which can have multiple benefits. For instance, it serves to demonstrate the instructor prioritizes making the material relevant to students, which just might lead to students majoring in that discipline or at least taking additional courses. It can enhance levels of social capital among students who attend games together (which just might reduce student attrition if social ties are sustained). Lastly, it can generate interest in the sports teams, and if it's occurring for the first-second year students more apt to be enrolled in those gen. ed/electives, you're "hooking" possible fans for multiple years.

By no means is it a panacea, but I suppose contemplating adaptations like this rather than lamenting the status quo is more enjoyable for me.

Comment

We are scheduled for 2pm Saturday game.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                Granted, it's more common in gen. ed./elective courses, but even engineers have to take a few of those. I totally understand that people raise the "we don't get extra credit in the real world" argument but performance bonuses, overtime, and other employment incentives indicate otherwise.

Concerns about watering down the coursework a la UNC is misleading as it was never suggested the amount of credit would reach those levels. Instructors can exercise some creativity in enticing students to make conceptual connections related to their coursework, which can have multiple benefits. For instance, it serves to demonstrate the instructor prioritizes making the material relevant to students, which just might lead to students majoring in that discipline or at least taking additional courses. It can enhance levels of social capital among students who attend games together (which just might reduce student attrition if social ties are sustained). Lastly, it can generate interest in the sports teams, and if it's occurring for the first-second year students more apt to be enrolled in those gen. ed/electives, you're "hooking" possible fans for multiple years.

By no means is it a panacea, but I suppose contemplating adaptations like this rather than lamenting the status quo is more enjoyable for me.
                You wear out a lot of stones grinding that axe of yours?
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

You wear out a lot of stones grinding that axe of yours?
                  The anti-status quo axe? Sure. Not going to enact change otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                    Fine. I'll buy two more tickets and make the 5 hour drive again.

Comment

NWS says high of 29 for Saturday.

Comment

Forecast looks like a high of 20/low of 12 with 100 percent chance of east-side bleacher foot stomping and chanting when the Jacks are on defense

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                          Fine. I'll buy two more tickets and make the 5 hour drive again.
                          Well now I’m just embarrassed, I’m only driving 2.5 hrs. Guess I’ll have to make it so there’s “construction” to make it fair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

I'm having a really hard time not being a part of this party. Last week I made the 8 hour trek northward, but it was to get my mom out of the hospital in Mankato during the game. This week, my youngest son will be Joseph in the church program starting at 6:00 p.m.

So far I've kept mom happy. I will also likely keep God, my wife and my son happy by missing again....

A huge thanks to all of you who sacrifice your personal lives to be part of history in the stands!

(The odd thing is that my mom is recovering from a stroke and the only thing it has affected is her short term memory. Guess I could have gone to the game and she'd likely not have known. )

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                              I'm having a really hard time not being a part of this party. Last week I made the 8 hour trek northward, but it was to get my mom out of the hospital in Mankato during the game. This week, my youngest son will be Joseph in the church program starting at 6:00 p.m.

So far I've kept mom happy. I will also likely keep God, my wife and my son happy by missing again....

A huge thanks to all of you who sacrifice your personal lives to be part of history in the stands!

(The odd thing is that my mom is recovering from a stroke and the only thing it has affected is her short term memory. Guess I could have gone to the game and she'd likely not have known. )
                              Hope your mom has a good recovery. Im not sure i sacrifice MY personal life as much as my wife does. She has told me that once we retire we are going to do things that she wants to do. And i assume that wont be sports related although Jackrabbit sports will still be involved. She has been really understanding of my love for sports and the rabbits.

Comment

By my count today, there are 6365 tickets unsold in the stadium. In other words, 12,983 have been purchased. However, there were many sections in the corners of the west and east side that were "sold out", and unavailable for tickets. I'm guessing many of these sections are part of the department promos or the discounted group tickets. Long story short, I have no idea what the ticket sales are for this game compared to last. I'd guess that we have about the same amount, because I think we had 7000+ fans that wanted to watch playoff football last week, regardless of the weather. They'll get to watch playoff football this week too, and the road conditions should be fine for a drive in.

Comment

Working...
                                X