Playoff ticket info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Playoff ticket info

By my count this afternoon, there are a little under 10,000 seats still available for purchase for the game. That doesn't include students. Assuming that there are 1000 students in attendance, that would mean there are 3000 empty seats for a total of 13,000 unsold seats. That would bring our attendance to just a little over 6,000 for the game.

We still have three more days to bring that number up. I think getting 10,000 will be very tough.

Comment

Reported attendance for last year's playoff game vs. Villanova was 6154. We will get more than that but it won't be much more. Despite the weather forecast being as good as you can expect in early December. Weather.com is now pushed the high for Saturday up to 50 degrees with 9mph west wind.

Comment

Per cubby’s twitter

Let’s get jacked up for this weekend! Calling all SDSU students. Stop down to Cubby’s and the first 250 students with an ID can grab a FREE ticket to the game on Saturday courtesy of Cubby’s. ����

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
          Per cubby’s twitter

Let’s get jacked up for this weekend! Calling all SDSU students. Stop down to Cubby’s and the first 250 students with an ID can grab a FREE ticket to the game on Saturday courtesy of Cubby’s. ����
          You guys are still trying to keep the Bison out of your stadium?

Comment

Per cubby’s twitter

Let’s get jacked up for this weekend! Calling all SDSU students. Stop down to Cubby’s and the first 250 students with an ID can grab a FREE ticket to the game on Saturday courtesy of Cubby’s. 🏈🐰
            They must read my posts on here.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
              Actually, we could use some help filling it up this weekend... come on down and cheer for the Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                Actually, we could use some help filling it up this weekend... come on down and cheer for the Jacks!
                I'd hate for you guys to get your first 10 win season and get big heads...so I will be cheering for UNI this weekend. Yuck...did I just say that?

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                  i created a basketball tournament and solicited bison fans kids to come so they couldn’t come to Brookings.

Comment

Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                      And they have to stay for 3 quarters to earn the ticket. I think that the Athletic Department is starting to catch on to this whole thing.
                      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                        By my count this afternoon, there are a little under 10,000 seats still available for purchase for the game. That doesn't include students. Assuming that there are 1000 students in attendance, that would mean there are 3000 empty seats for a total of 13,000 unsold seats. That would bring our attendance to just a little over 6,000 for the game.

We still have three more days to bring that number up. I think getting 10,000 will be very tough.
                        Im sorry but that is fn pathetic not to have 10k fans for a top 5 team. On a beautiful day in brookings in Dec witch is a miracle. Harvest is over, Deer season is almost over, no other football going in the state. I just don’t know why people will not come out. I know students won’t turnout because there trying to prove something to the admin about the tailgating situation. Are the tickets to high priced? Are there more people that would rather watch BB at the pentagon? I’m so sick of those damn bison only dig on us is our fan base and I think this game will reflect on our true FB fan base. And to all those bison fans reading this rant we absolutely have a smaller pool for fans. If SDSU where in SF it would make a huge difference.
                        Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Per cubby’s twitter

Not that I needed another reason to make Cubby's tops on my list of favorite Brookings businesses, but this is awesome. Thank you Cubby's!

Comment

I would love to attend, but unfortunately I don't think I will. This will be the first year in about a decade that I haven't been to a single home game. My reasoning for not attending this game (and really several others this year):
                            Lack of time - 3 hour drive, plus a 1.5 year old daughter at home and a wife that is currently 36 weeks pregnant. If I don't stay overnight, it is a full day away from home. Also enjoy Pheasant Hunting and I am using up all of my "free passes (and then some)" from home to hunt. Was in SD 2 weeks ago for 4 days and will be back next week for 3-4 days.
                            ESPN3 - with the lack of time, comes the convenience of watching nearly every game on ESPN3.
                            Cost - Gas, a meal or two, tickets, (add in a young family of daycare bills) and it becomes difficult for me to justify going and losing out on family time.

No great excuses, but just my reasoning on my lack of attendance. Hopefully as the kids get older in a few years we can make one or two weekend family trips a year to games.

Comment

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
                              I would love to attend, but unfortunately I don't think I will. This will be the first year in about a decade that I haven't been to a single home game. My reasoning for not attending this game (and really several others this year):
                              Lack of time - 3 hour drive, plus a 1.5 year old daughter at home and a wife that is currently 36 weeks pregnant. If I don't stay overnight, it is a full day away from home. Also enjoy Pheasant Hunting and I am using up all of my "free passes (and then some)" from home to hunt. Was in SD 2 weeks ago for 4 days and will be back next week for 3-4 days.
                              ESPN3 - with the lack of time, comes the convenience of watching nearly every game on ESPN3.
                              Cost - Gas, a meal or two, tickets, (add in a young family of daycare bills) and it becomes difficult for me to justify going and losing out on family time.

No great excuses, but just my reasoning on my lack of attendance. Hopefully as the kids get older in a few years we can make one or two weekend family trips a year to games.
                              that's exactly where we are. a 6, 4 and 1 month old. family time take more and more. we fit as much as we can with SDSU but kids getting in school start taking up weekends also and the cost of bringing the family, for tickets, food, gas etc. your looking at a couple hundred dollars per event. We use to be season ticket holders but its cheaper to just by them game by game for us now. like this weekend, its my weekend to work, we have just 1 person on so im sort of just stuck with it, otherwise I think dad and I would be there and good chance our oldest, but wont work out this weekend for me. espn3 at work will have to do.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I have season tickets for football and have had them for several years. I live several hundred miles from Brookings. I start planning which games I can attend in the spring. In many cases I have to use some of my limited paid time off to make the trips. I also work some weekends. I spend literally thousands of dollars travelling to SDSU football games in the fall. For those situations where I use paid time off to attend, I may be giving up an opportunity to visit my kids and grandchild four states away. And, I have to request those days off between four and ten weeks in advance.

I consider myself a pretty loyal fan of the Jackrabbits. I am growing very weary of all of the posts questioning my loyalty to my team. I read on a couple of other message boards that SDSU fans are the worst in the conference. After reading a lot of these posts, I can understand where they get these ideas. Non only do I understand, I am starting to agree.
                                Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Working...
                                X