Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Playoff ticket info

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
    By my count today, there are 6365 tickets unsold in the stadium. In other words, 12,983 have been purchased. However, there were many sections in the corners of the west and east side that were "sold out", and unavailable for tickets. I'm guessing many of these sections are part of the department promos or the discounted group tickets. Long story short, I have no idea what the ticket sales are for this game compared to last. I'd guess that we have about the same amount, because I think we had 7000+ fans that wanted to watch playoff football last week, regardless of the weather. They'll get to watch playoff football this week too, and the road conditions should be fine for a drive in.
    I believe they did the same thing last year. I believe those sections are closed off from any purchase. My assumption to have more fans in each section rather than spread out. I could be completely wrong though.

Comment

I renewed my season ticket for this game in one of the closed off sections, so I'm not sure if that's correct. Maybe they allow renewal but no new purchases? The idea of making sure everybody is squeezed together is a good one, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
        I renewed my season ticket for this game in one of the closed off sections, so I'm not sure if that's correct. Maybe they allow renewal but no new purchases? The idea of making sure everybody is squeezed together is a good one, IMO.
        perhaps we are both correct about some sectionsare sold out with group tickets but others are closed off from sale. I think we can all agree estimating tickets sold won’t be seen until game time.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
          perhaps we are both correct about some sectionsare sold out with group tickets but others are closed off from sale. I think we can all agree estimating tickets sold won’t be seen until game time.
          I'm guessing about 20% less fans so. 6K this game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Does anyone else question the attendance # for the last game? In talking to a lot of people there's a pretty good consensus that the crowd wasn't much different then the IL State game. Zimmer's brought it up multiple times that he thought there was at least 10k-11k there. And TV used to mention it a lot as well that the attendance numbers seemed low.

I know I've ranted about this before but why don't we announce tickets sold and say nothing about actual attendance like 90% of other departments and sports franchises do? Maybe it has something to do with the amount of $$ we have to fork over to the NCAA for these playoff games?

Perception is reality and if announcing a higher "tickets sold" number adds to the perception that a lot of people are attending sporting events at SDSU, than do it.
            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
              Does anyone else question the attendance # for the last game? In talking to a lot of people there's a pretty good consensus that the crowd wasn't much different then the IL State game. Zimmer's brought it up multiple times that he thought there was at least 10k-11k there. And TV used to mention it a lot as well that the attendance numbers seemed low.

I know I've ranted about this before but why don't we announce tickets sold and say nothing about actual attendance like 90% of other departments and sports franchises do? Maybe it has something to do with the amount of $$ we have to fork over to the NCAA for these playoff games?

Perception is reality and if announcing a higher "tickets sold" number adds to the perception that a lot of people are attending sporting events at SDSU, than do it.
              tickets sold and butts in the seats are 2 very different numbers. Count me in the group that thinks it should be butts in the seats when it comes to attendance.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I agree with the attendance number that was announced last week. The west side of the stadium wasn't shown much on tv, but if you were there you could realize that it was about half as full as it normally is with games over 10k. LOTs of empty seats on the west side last week.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  tickets sold and butts in the seats are 2 very different numbers. Count me in the group that thinks it should be butts in the seats when it comes to attendance.
                  They definitely are two very different numbers and to the common fan who doesn't know better... which one looks better?

Again... to most perception is reality and why SDSU chooses to be in the minority on this I'll never know.
                  SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by mmiller_34 View Post
                    I agree with the attendance number that was announced last week. The west side of the stadium wasn't shown much on tv, but if you were there you could realize that it was about half as full as it normally is with games over 10k. LOTs of empty seats on the west side last week.
                    Eh, IMO it wasn’t that much worse than Hobo Day.

Playoff games are notoriously underreported compared to regular season games nationwide because the NC$$ takes a % of ticket sales. There is a debate about certain places just reporting the actual attendance for once (looking at you YSU) and whether we get conditioned to judging attendance figures based off of faulty data due to over reporting in the regular season. I tend to think that here at SDSU that’s not the case and we underreport the attendance of the playoff games. However if we get over 7k I would be ecstatic, which is super sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

I've been to all of the home games this year, and I thought Zimmer and others raised a good point. The crowd looked more like 10,000 plus than 7,500. But I have no idea what they count in attendance figures.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

I definitely thought it was closer to 10,000. I figured I was just bad at estimating. I'm glad to see others saying the same thing. If under reporting keeps some coin in SDSU's pocket, I am all for it.
                        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Our group of 4 did not have our tickets scanned the guy just welcomed us in. He may have been keeping count is his head though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I couldnt see how many were on the west side but i also thought there were more than 7500. I thought it would have been close to 10000

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                              I couldnt see how many were on the west side but i also thought there were more than 7500. I thought it would have been close to 10000

UNI brought quite a few fans I feel.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post

UNI brought quite a few fans I feel.
                                No doubt; I was getting nervous early when Jacks fans were scarce that they might be able to rival us for noise at times. Luckily my concerns weren't justified.

Comment

Working...
                                X