Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Playoff ticket info

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    Legal and financial. Asking Mill's to take $50 off rent would constitute a large percentage of their revenue off that unit in a month. I don't see much upside for them to do that. They've already got a guaranteed market every year.
    It was one idea, and depending on the accounting intricacies, it could possibly be a tax deduction. Plus, they could structure it such that it was dispersed over multiple months. Moreover, they could add stipulations that the tenant must have at least, say, four months of on time rental payments to receive the incentive. Relatedly, one month free rent is a common incentive landlords use to entice new tenants to rent, so this would be less of a financial strain; it would reward responsible tenants, and it could engender Jacks support.

This site confirms that the Mills family appears to own Village Square one property where I was a tenant while at SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
      It was one idea, and depending on the accounting intricacies, it could possibly be a tax deduction. Plus, they could structure it such that it was dispersed over multiple months. Moreover, they could add stipulations that the tenant must have at least, say, four months of on time rental payments to receive the incentive. Relatedly, one month free rent is a common incentive landlords use to entice new tenants to rent, so this would be less of a financial strain; it would reward responsible tenants, and it could engender Jacks support.

This site confirms that the Mills family appears to own Village Square one property where I was a tenant while at SDSU.
      I am not a tax expert though I did do taxes a few years, but somehow the foundation would have to get involved to make this a tax deduction, and since no money is exchanged some how this exchange would have to be documented.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        I am not a tax expert though I did do taxes a few years, but somehow the foundation would have to get involved to make this a tax deduction, and since no money is exchanged some how this exchange would have to be documented.
        Could be expensed as advertising

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

A better question is why do we need to bribe students to attend the game? What is the reason that they don't attend? Is it because with all the movement of seats/tailgaiting that their gameday experience isn't as enjoyable as it once was? Perhaps they prefer to watch the game in a sports bar where they can grab food or a drink and socialize with their friends?

I think the last question is what we are seeing happen with expanded coverage. When I went to State there was no way to watch the game other than actually attending it. If we had a Cubby's or a BWW back when some of us old timers were in school, I guarantee that the student sections would have been much more sparse. And, I don't think that this phenomena is unique to the students. I know more than a couple season ticket holders that tailgate then go to Cubby's to watch it.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
            A better question is why do we need to bribe students to attend the game? What is the reason that they don't attend? Is it because with all the movement of seats/tailgaiting that their gameday experience isn't as enjoyable as it once was? Perhaps they prefer to watch the game in a sports bar where they can grab food or a drink and socialize with their friends?

I think the last question is what we are seeing happen with expanded coverage. When I went to State there was no way to watch the game other than actually attending it. If we had a Cubby's or a BWW back when some of us old timers were in school, I guarantee that the student sections would have been much more sparse. And, I don't think that this phenomena is unique to the students. I know more than a couple season ticket holders that tailgate then go to Cubby's to watch it.
            I agree with you. Times change and interests change. This is not unique to things here. Attendance at high school games are not what they used to be back in the day either. I have no clue how to increase attendance but it would be a tall task.

Comment

One of my daughter's friends said they don't bother to attend because of the tailgating restrictions and overbearing cops. I will never understand why they can't drink after the game, maybe I am getting to old.

Comment

When you boil it all down the main reason people don't attend is because they don't want to.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                  When you boil it all down the main reason people don't attend is because they don't want to.
                  Your idea is intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFTW View Post
                    One of my daughter's friends said they don't bother to attend because of the tailgating restrictions and overbearing cops. I will never understand why they can't drink after the game, maybe I am getting to old.
                    Well they can.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                      Your idea is intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
                      Your my kind of customer, didn't even ask about price!

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFTW View Post
                        I will never understand why they can't drink after the game, maybe I am getting to old.
                        I have thought the same thing when it comes to people skipping games to go hunting. So what if you don't get out on the opening day. I bet there will still be animals to shoot the next day.
                        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Anyone have any idea where the seating would be for group tickets purchases?
                          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                            Anyone have any idea where the seating would be for group tickets purchases?
                            Currently FCA tickets are being placed in Section 117.

Comment

We are in. Thanks to whomever sent up the group purchase! Great deal.

Comment

Anyone know how ticket sales are going? Our group bought 7.
                                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Working...
                                X