Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playoff ticket info

http://gojacks.com/news/2017/11/17/f...formation.aspx

“The 24-team FCS playoff bracket will be unveiled at 10 a.m. Sunday on ESPNU, with additional coverage on ESPN3.com and through the WatchESPN app. If the Jackrabbits are one of eight seeded teams, SDSU would host a second-round game at 2 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 2. If SDSU is not seeded but is granted a home game for the opening round, that game would be played at 1 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 25.”

Should be plenty of time to make it down for Jacks vs Missouri St at Sanford Pentagon at 7pm.
    Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 11-18-2017, 07:26 PM.

Re: Playoff ticket info

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    http://gojacks.com/news/2017/11/17/f...formation.aspx

“The 24-team FCS playoff bracket will be unveiled at 10 a.m. Sunday on ESPNU, with additional coverage on ESPN3.com and through the WatchESPN app. If the Jackrabbits are one of eight seeded teams, SDSU would host a second-round game at 2 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 2. If SDSU is not seeded but is granted a home game for the opening round, that game would be played at 1 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 25.”

Should be plenty of time to make it down for Jacks vs Missouri St at Sanford Pentagon at 7pm.
    Jacks will be seeded...no doubting that. What the seed is? That's a good question. I'm guessing 5 or 6. Thinking they will have Jacksonville St and Central Arkansas higher than you...your two losses just won't let you top them...at least that's my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
      Jacks will be seeded...no doubting that. What the seed is? That's a good question. I'm guessing 5 or 6. Thinking they will have Jacksonville St and Central Arkansas higher than you...your two losses just won't let you top them...at least that's my guess.
      That's not unreasonable thinking. We sure did lay some eggs despite being 9-2. We could have been 11-0 if we had played football against YSU and UNI. Losing homecoming is a hard one to swallow. It was enough to make me skip the Hobo Day Dance. That's right we discontinued that event in the mid to late 1960's due to lack of participation.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        That's not unreasonable thinking. We sure did lay some eggs despite being 9-2. We could have been 11-0 if we had played football against YSU and UNI. Losing homecoming is a hard one to swallow. It was enough to make me skip the Hobo Day Dance. That's right we discontinued that event in the mid to late 1960's due to lack of participation.
        Personally, I would make it 1 JMU, 2 NDSU, 3 SDSU, 4 Central Arkansas, 5 Jacksonville St...but I just see the committee moving Jacksonville St that far. I don't know if they will even bump NDSU up from 4. As long as NDSU gets two or three, I'm happy...just would like #2 and SDSU and UNI on the other side. We all see each other too much as is!

Comment

Personally, I would make it 1 JMU, 2 NDSU, 3 SDSU, 4 Central Arkansas, 5 Jacksonville St...but I just see the committee moving Jacksonville St that far. I don't know if they will even bump NDSU up from 4. As long as NDSU gets two or three, I'm happy...just would like #2 and SDSU and UNI on the other side. We all see each other too much as is!
          FCS does not get a big chunk of cash from the CBS or Big Dance cash cow. So regional pairings are what we often get. Maybe this year will be different.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            FCS does not get a big chunk of cash from the CBS or Big Dance cash cow. So regional pairings are what we often get. Maybe this year will be different.
            The top 8 I do not think are organized with regional considerations...which is good. After that, I have read the other 16 teams are treated as equal...so that is totally based on region. So wish every team drew good crowds so the money would be there to seed it 1-24. Even better, wish it was only 16 teams and seed that. The last 8 teams let in the playoffs are near garbage. Just not that many good teams.

Comment

The top 8 I do not think are organized with regional considerations...which is good. After that, I have read the other 16 teams are treated as equal...so that is totally based on region. So wish every team drew good crowds so the money would be there to seed it 1-24. Even better, wish it was only 16 teams and seed that. The last 8 teams let in the playoffs are near garbage. Just not that many good teams.
              Well, the top 8 aren’t supposed to be organized regionally. We will see how true that is when the seeds are released. It would be pretty easy for them to put NDSU at the three and SDSU at the six and feed USD to NDSU and UNI to SDSU for all bus trip and all MVFC teams eliminated on one side of the bracket before the semis. Then throw WIU in the other side and you have the committees wet dream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Should be a rule that no conference matchups can happen in the first 2 rounds. Would allow conferences to see how good they actually are.

They can say that region matchups don't matter or that teams that they open up the bids after the fact and all of that. But lets be honest if there are 20 teams on the bubble, if you are a school that is known to make a big bid or are within a bus ride of a top 8 team you will probably get in.

I think its crap that a team works its way into a top 8 team and has to play a conference foe in the 2nd round, I think its crap that a team wins in the first round and has to go play a conference foe in the 2nd round.

USD probably gets in tomorrow and 99.9% likely will face SDSU or NDSU if they win in the first round.

Comment

If you take emotion out of it, the Jacks should be no worse than the 5 seed. When you look at measurables like the computer rankings, strength of schedule, record vs the top #25 and polls, and the Jacks have earned a 5, if not better. Then add in that the Jacks have what is likely the best FCS win of the season (NDSU) and we are going in with the best showing in the last 4 games, and a good seed should be a no-brainer.

Comment

Tier 4
                    $27 Advance Purchase

Tier 3
                    $37 Advance Purchase

Tier 2
                    $42 Advance Purchase

Tier 1
                    $47 Advance Purchase

Group Tickets
                    $17 (Minimum of 20 tickets)
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

Tier 4
                      $27 Advance Purchase

Tier 3
                      $37 Advance Purchase

Tier 2
                      $42 Advance Purchase

Tier 1
                      $47 Advance Purchase

Group Tickets
                      Seems like the play is to buy the cheapest ticket and then move into the sure to be empty nicer seats.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

Tier 4
                        $27 Advance Purchase

Tier 3
                        $37 Advance Purchase

Tier 2
                        $42 Advance Purchase

Tier 1
                        $47 Advance Purchase

Group Tickets
                        Season ticket holders can claim their seats?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                          Season ticket holders can claim their seats?

November 27th is deadline for season ticket holders to claim their seats.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                            Seems like the play is to buy the cheapest ticket and then move into the sure to be empty nicer seats.
                            Unfortunately, this Is accurate.
                            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                              Or look for 19 people to be your friend and buy cheaper group tickets. Hopefully you have 19 numbers in your cell phone!
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                              X