GDT: Jackrabbits @ Phoenix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Jackrabbits @ Phoenix

Here are 2 programs that look quite similar. The Phoenix have been pegged to win the Horizon for the 10th year in a row. The size of each squad is similar with little advantage on either side. Megan Vogel, former Jackrabbit standout, has been associated with both programs. She has started her 4th season on the UWGB bench. Also, both programs are rated in the mid major rankings on regular basis. This is a tough contest for both sides. UWGB has held its first 2 opponents to 27% shooting ending in 30 point victories. Hopefully the Jackrabbits will change that stat. We will find if there is a healthy crew for today's game. The 1pm start on ESPN3 will be a great pregame for the football game that starts at 2pm. We will find if the College Insider MidMajor 25 or the ESPN MidMajor Top 25 is the best poll today. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits @ Phoenix

It sure would nice to finally get a win against this rock-sollid mid major program. They have grabbed 25 steals and only allowed 32 ppg in their two games. Our guards are going to have to be smart with the ball - very much unlike they were against UND. Anyone expecting the Jacks to come out and put on a smooth 70-point offensive clinic is probably going to be very disappointed in this one. If we're going to win it's probably going to be in an ugly defensive slugfest.

Comment

reading game write-up, no mention of selland. probably game time decision if she can play or not. a game that sure would be nice to have her available-----but, more important to make sure she gets healthy and not turn it into a lingering ordeal.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
        It sure would nice to finally get a win against this rock-sollid mid major program. They have grabbed 25 steals and only allowed 32 ppg in their two games. Our guards are going to have to be smart with the ball - very much unlike they were against UND. Anyone expecting the Jacks to come out and put on a smooth 70-point offensive clinic is probably going to be very disappointed in this one. If we're going to win it's probably going to be in an ugly defensive slugfest.
        I'm sure points off of turnovers adds significantly to their margin of victory , they can be a very good 3 pt shooting team when they're on,but so can we.The Wolf sisters give them good size in the paint,hope we can counter that with our taller players for the most part.Deep roster,14 players, I'm sure they can sub w/o much drop off,similar to us. On paper,looks like a pretty even matchup.We'll see two very good teams going at it I'm sure.They are the W. Ill of the Horizon,go for a lot of steals and want to be disruptive on defense.

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
          reading game write-up, no mention of selland. probably game time decision if she can play or not. a game that sure would be nice to have her available-----but, more important to make sure she gets healthy and not turn it into a lingering ordeal.
          I agree. You have to play as if the only way to make the tournament is to win the conference tournament. For fear of jinxing the team, I will not bring up last year
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
            Agree,sometimes letting an injury fully heal is the quicker route to take in the long run to getting that player back out on the court as soon as possible,at 100% anyway.

Comment

The radio broadcast says that Selland is back. "Points will be at a premium" was sort of the theme of the pregame interview with asst coach Mike J. He barely mentioned GB's offense. There's no doubt what their strength is.

Comment

I thought we were going to play smarter this game,throwing it (forcing it )into a crowd that 3 defensive players collapse on isn't real smart.Games young yet ,maybe we'll get better play yet.

Comment

wow. i sit stevens after that effort.

Comment

GB defense is living up to the hype. They're all over everything. Baring some amzing turnaround we're not going to sniff 50 points today so we better slow down their offense QUICK!

Comment

imo, what i have seen so far, GB's team athleticism appears to be a step better than Jacks

Comment

25% FG
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

when alexander drove to the baseline, gb collapsed 3 players. lucky foul called. would like to see replay but i don't think any jack made an effort to head for basket. all standing out or near perimeter.

Comment

It turns out that we can play some pretty decent defense as well, and that was a big help in letting us claw back into the game. Still, 8 points is a pretty big deficit against a team like GB. It's no guarantee we'll even get that many in the third quarter.

Comment

Go right down hoist a three,like about 5 sec into shot clock....are we flusstered yet....not like we've hit a lot of three's so far (1-12)....at least our defense is keeping it respectable so far

Comment

Working...
                              X