Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits @ Phoenix

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    Exactly. GB creates chaos with their swarming defense making it hard to make even open shots. They had us rattled just like they will do to most teams. They are a better team, at least at this point. That was pretty clear.
    If they are close enough,they do swarm to the ball,even hard to pass out in that situation and impossible practically to get a shot attempt and draw a foul maybe.

I know NC State,our next game ,will have athletic players and a tough defense too,but it will be interesting to see if it bothers us as much as GB's did. Hitting some three's would help, but those were hard to get too,but we did miss some wide open shots. Just a great defense for GB , team players, and the team executing it perfectly. Wonder if ball screens would help,but unless we can spread them out more,probably not.The players are in constant motion on defense,never just standing in one spot, but, at the same time ,always have someone who can close out on the perimeter shot too in position,well designed defense.They get excellent rebounding position,always GB players around the bucket and preventing the opposition from crashing the board ,something we are weak on,IMO
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-20-2017, 07:33 PM.

Comment

As I said on the men's thread I have been to most every home game the last few years and I am %100 behind this team and I think they are the strongest leg of the top three, (football, MBB, WBB). I know it's easier said than done, but AJ went into this game knowing what they can and will do. There has to be a weak point to playing that way? Like was said, maybe they just have been/and are a better team. But it seems like we just ran into a buzzsaw unprepared. And I realize last year doesn't really count with the injury, but we were on our way to a loss that game regardless too. IDK, just a newby's musings

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
        As I said on the men's thread I have been to most every home game the last few years and I am %100 behind this team and I think they are the strongest leg of the top three, (football, MBB, WBB). I know it's easier said than done, but AJ went into this game knowing what they can and will do. There has to be a weak point to playing that way? Like was said, maybe they just have been/and are a better team. But it seems like we just ran into a buzzsaw unprepared. And I realize last year doesn't really count with the injury, but we were on our way to a loss that game regardless too. IDK, just a newby's musings
        Kinda the same thing as stated in the Men's thread. AJ has an excellent track record of having the women at their best by tournament time. With that said 1 thing does bother me a little about this team. The last couple years it seams to me we have lost some of that no fear or killer instinct. I'm not sure we have that Megan Vogel type player that didn't care how big of a program we were up against we were going to win some how.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
          Kinda the same thing as stated in the Men's thread. AJ has an excellent track record of having the women at their best by tournament time. With that said 1 thing does bother me a little about this team. The last couple years it seams to me we have lost some of that no fear or killer instinct. I'm not sure we have that Megan Vogel type player that didn't care how big of a program we were up against we were going to win some how.
          I think the women's team should have been able to come out this season full throttle. And they did the first two games against lesser opponents. UND was ugly. Maybe Macy had little gremlins in the back of her mind, her shooting reflected like she could have. Either way, we didn't seem prepared to handle what was fully known to come at us. With that said, I could only listen to tidbits and watch the stats stream. The TO's were not acceptable, granted, if a few early shots fall, its a different game. But we need to be able to overcome that. Hmmmmmm, it does sound like my men's comment!

Comment

I watched a little bit of UConn vs Maryland,and noticed Kia Nurse had a big sweat spot on her back about 3-4 min into the game,maybe their gray uniforms show sweat a little more than the red of Maryland,but then I noticed how incredibly hard they worked at getting open, steals,RBs,etc the entire game.Yes, they have extremely talented players,but it's quite evident that they don't rely on that alone,they work extremely hard all the time.

I think we have a very good team,but if we lost to UConn,I wouldn't say we have a lot to work on,unless we didn't play to our potential.It's hard to say right now just what our potential is at its maximum .We can start getting more of an Idea as the OOC season moves ahead.One defeat is no more or less than that,get our lessons learned from it and come out the better from having experienced it.

PS....UConn plays a very good defense,,probably better than UWGB because of the athletic ability they have,but it struck me how hard both teams work at playing defense,we do too ,but we should strive to get even better at it,never settle.

Comment

Working...
            X