GDT: Jackrabbits @ Phoenix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits @ Phoenix

when we're flustered,we can't spit into the ocean as far as three point shooting goes.

Comment

Like any good team, the defecit keeps getting larger for GB's advantage....any bright spots?I need some bright spots.

Comment

Palmer out shooting Guebert and Miller on three's,who'd figure that? The stars aren't shining tonight.

Comment

Have a good 4th qtr Jacks, and then we can go home and lick our wounds.

Comment

Two points, (1) we can't hit lay ups worth a dang,typically and (2) we refuse to box out,I mean we are great at defending a shot on defense ,but give them two pts anyway when they crash the board and get shot 2,3 or however many they need until it drops through,or we get called for a foul on the put back attempt (Jacks 5 and GB 15 on 2nd chance points). We fix some things and we will be very good, but they need working on. The whole Idea of boxing out is clearing out the area around and under the basket on a missed shot where only Jacks will be able to secure the rebound by putting a body on them (your back) and keeping them out from as far out as possible. One shot and done is the goal,we don't typically do that. Finally,we aren't shooting well at the perimeter,like our coaches think we can ,in certain games, for, whatever reason,especially when we are under a lot of pressure. Maybe that'll come around,hopefully.

I'm so encouraged in how close we kept this considering our dismal performance,so I still think we can still be a heck of a team if we correct a few deficiencies in our game.We play pretty hard most of the time,no complaints there.
            Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-19-2017, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Impressed with Larson's play,really scrappy and physical,thought she played as well as anyone today,maybe not scoring,but just played hard.Everyone was just off today,and like a contagious disease,it spread throughout the whole team.

Comment

If a kid can do it.....j/k,fun vid

Comment

I say this year every year why do they continue to jack up three point shots when shooting such a low percentage as it's like a turnover. No Jill Young on this team.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                    I say this year every year why do they continue to jack up three point shots when shooting such a low percentage as it's like a turnover. No Jill Young on this team.
                    Madison Guebert at this point of career has a higher % (after sophomore stats) and on pace to make more than Jill Young.

Comment

At some point I think Larson needs to move into the starting lineup. Thompson is better not having to play back to the basket low post. I think your best four players are Miller, Guebert,Thompson and Larson with lots of options for the fifth. Is the long range plan to keep Macy on the wing, or are we better with her at the point ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        At some point I think Larson needs to move into the starting lineup. Thompson is better not having to play back to the basket low post. I think your best four players are Miller, Guebert,Thompson and Larson with lots of options for the fifth. Is the long range plan to keep Macy on the wing, or are we better with her at the point ?
                        Macy appears to be a regular at the 3 where she may be posting her defender. Cascio Jensen, Alexander, and next year Theuninck will likely take at least half of the PG minutes. Macy still comes in and settles the play when she is the PG(I think). The uptempo pace takes away some of the PG activity at the playmaking. Right now there is 11 players averaging 12-30 minutes per game(2 players have 2 games of time). Starter status is nice, but playing time is important too. AJ is trying to develop something and I hope we see the flow soon. This could be a great season.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                          I think it depends on who is shooting the three point shots. I would take a three point shot from Maci, Tylee and Madison over a three point shot from Larson, Stevens, Alexander and Tracy. I don't know about Cascio Jensen and Selland, yet. Maybe some of the players in the second and third groups will be solid shooting the 3's but this is from the first three games.
                          How many players do we have that can go and post up all game. Maci will normally have somebody smaller on her. Lexi can get by her defender and get to the basket but I don't know about her jump shot. Ellie has players much bigger than her guarding her.
                          I do think it is early so we will see how things unfold as the season moves along.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                            I think it depends on who is shooting the three point shots. I would take a three point shot from Maci, Tylee and Madison over a three point shot from Larson, Stevens, Alexander and Tracy. I don't know about Cascio Jensen and Selland, yet. Maybe some of the players in the second and third groups will be solid shooting the 3's but this is from the first three games.
                            How many players do we have that can go and post up all game. Maci will normally have somebody smaller on her. Lexi can get by her defender and get to the basket but I don't know about her jump shot. Ellie has players much bigger than her guarding her.
                            I do think it is early so we will see how things unfold as the season moves along.
                            Ellie's a really good forward,but a little too small for the 5 position,we lost our dominate post in Ober, hope it doesn't take too long to get better there, it makes Ellie better too.Larsons got two more yrs after this one,and we have some nice one's coming in, posts I mean.We're getting better for a bunch of new players added to our returners.Lots of season left.A little tweaking going on right now,we'll get it fine tuned eventually,players grow into their roles and the team as a whole becomes more proficient.

Comment

You have to give Green Bay credit. They are amazing defensively and make almost every team look discombobulated on offense. They certainly had that effect on us. The one thing that I keep wondering is whether or not we would be more effective with Maci playing the point. She is so good at transition and is also great at penetrating and either getting to the basket or finding an open teammate. Lexi isn't as much of a threat offensively but is a very solid defender.

They will grow a lot from this game. Also, their non-conference schedule is really strong so they will have plenty of chances against top-notch competition. Once they gel as a team they will be really tough to beat.

SUPERBUNNY
                              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                                You have to give Green Bay credit. They are amazing defensively and make almost every team look discombobulated on offense. They certainly had that effect on us.

SUPERBUNNY
                                Exactly. GB creates chaos with their swarming defense making it hard to make even open shots. They had us rattled just like they will do to most teams. They are a better team, at least at this point. That was pretty clear.

Comment

Working...
                                X