GDT: @ USD Mangy Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ USD Mangy Dogs

Nielson stated in the post game interview that Streveler played with a very swollen passing hand. Streveler did not practice. I missed that info earlier.

Scroll down to the catch by #86.
    http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...all/875470001/
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      All right Steelsd and Thumper — you made me curious so I took a look at the message board from down south. Pretty funny stuff. Some tin-foil hats worn down there. Loved the cramp conspiracy.
      Which one of you guys is CF?
      At least one or two posters thought some blame should be on their team yesterday. Unlike last March when the officials, the Summit League, the Sioux Falls Sports Authority and God (in no particular order, God probably should have been first - if the Big Guy is against you what chance do you have ?) caused them to lose in the semi's.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        At least one or two posters thought some blame should be on their team yesterday. Unlike last March when the officials, the Summit League, the Sioux Falls Sports Authority and God (in no particular order, God probably should have been first - if the Big Guy is against you what chance do you have ?) caused them to lose in the semi's.
        The guy riding the Harley and lead the team on to the field looked like a mangy dog. Anyone know who he was? Surely not the Lone Ranger.

Comment

Another question? AD’s Sell and Herbster were caught on camera jawing back and forth. Sell apparently was not getting any where with the herbster so Sell politely shook hands and departed.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
            Nielson stated in the post game interview that Streveler played with a very swollen passing hand. Streveler did not practice. I missed that info earlier.
            He took a pretty good beating yesterday and is not going to have much of a chance to heal if they happen to work their way up to Brookings in two weeks.

One more thing about the cramps, I watched most of the SD HS Championship games on TV (played in the dome two weeks ago) and there were a bunch of kids cramping up. The announcers kept talking about how they see it every year in the Dome. At one point a kid from my hometown (Gregory) even helped stretch a cramp for a player from the opposing team, which got a fair amount of attention as an example of good sportsmanship.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
              He took a pretty good beating yesterday and is not going to have much of a chance to heal if they happen to work their way up to Brookings in two weeks.

One more thing about the cramps, I watched most of the SD HS Championship games on TV (played in the dome two weeks ago) and there were a bunch of kids cramping up. The announcers kept talking about how they see it every year in the Dome. At one point a kid from my hometown (Gregory) even helped stretch a cramp for a player from the opposing team, which got a fair amount of attention as an example of good sportsmanship.
              Most teams (HS & College) in this area are accustomed to playing outdoors this time of year, where the temps. are in the 40s. So when players go into an environment where it is in the 70s they are not acclimated and thus they sweat more (and lose electrolytes). Sodium is the key electrolyte lost in your sweat.

I will say this, I was shaking my head every time a cramp occurred yesterday because it is preventable if you prepare properly.

Comment

All right Steelsd and Thumper — you made me curious so I took a look at the message board from down south. Pretty funny stuff. Some tin-foil hats worn down there. Loved the cramp conspiracy.
                Which one of you guys is CF?
                Haha, not me. I would certainly cramp up if I typed that much!! 😀

Comment

It makes sense that Strev was injured. At the game, I was very much excited whenever he dropped back to pass and actually passed it.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Watching ESPN-U leading up to playoff show: Goedert’s one-hand catch is a play of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                      Most teams (HS & College) in this area are accustomed to playing outdoors this time of year, where the temps. are in the 40s. So when players go into an environment where it is in the 70s they are not acclimated and thus they sweat more (and lose electrolytes). Sodium is the key electrolyte lost in your sweat.

I will say this, I was shaking my head every time a cramp occurred yesterday because it is preventable if you prepare properly.
                      Where did we practice last week? Outdoors? If so, I think the staff did not pay any attention to Moe and his staff or maybe a week of indoor practice does not fix this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        Where did we practice last week? Outdoors? If so, I think the staff did not pay any attention to Moe and his staff or maybe a week of indoor practice does not fix this problem.
                        Two weeks for best acclimation. Practice intensity is not same as game intensity. Intensity, environment and current fitness levels are drivers of sweat rate. Also they probably practiced indoors all week but if players were not replacing fluid and sodium throughout the week by the time game day rolls around some players may be at a sodium deficit on Saturday.

In all my years of checking the hydration status of athletes over 70% of them go into practices/competitions in a state of dehydration. Middle school all the way up to Professional.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                          Taryn was going to go down before that could happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Taryn almost knelt down on the 1 yards line with one second left on the clock. I don't know what I would have done if we messed around and gave them the ball on the 1. If you are USD, do you go for the win or kick the FG and take it to OT.
                          I don't know the rules but when you are tackled, the play clock goes to 40 seconds. After they threw the flag (that they picked up) they set it a 25 seconds so that almost cost SDSU.

Comment

Watching ESPN-U leading up to playoff show: Goedert’s one-hand catch is a play of the day.

should have been an unsportsmanlike conduct call when the used player slapped the ball out of his hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              Another question? AD’s Sell and Herbster were caught on camera jawing back and forth. Sell apparently was not getting any where with the herbster so Sell politely shook hands and departed.
                              Yes it looks like they were having a discussion, but if you watch the video, Herbster stuck HIS hand out to shake Sell's, not the other way around. If you need to look at it again fast forward to minute 3:11:08 on the ESPN3 replay. I'm sure you won't.

Comment

Originally posted by CondeJack View Post
                                Yes it looks like they were having a discussion, but if you watch the video, Herbster stuck HIS hand out to shake Sell's, not the other way around. If you need to look at it again fast forward to minute 3:11:08 on the ESPN3 replay. I'm sure you won't.
                                I will take your word for it. I thought it was interesting Conversation going on. Not a lip reader so it probably very routine.

Comment

Working...
                                X