GDT: @ USD Mangy Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ USD Mangy Dogs

We are a dirty team, we are cheaters, we are the most hated team in the mvfc. They are pissed off because they thought this was their year to finally beat us and now they have to be cry babies and make excuses. I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      Most teams (HS & College) in this area are accustomed to playing outdoors this time of year, where the temps. are in the 40s. So when players go into an environment where it is in the 70s they are not acclimated and thus they sweat more (and lose electrolytes). Sodium is the key electrolyte lost in your sweat.

I will say this, I was shaking my head every time a cramp occurred yesterday because it is preventable if you prepare properly.
      I really hope you did NOT watch the Bengals-Broncos NFL football game then. On the second to last Denver drive, the Bengals had players go down with cramps on 3 of the last 4 plays. One of those players was taken to the locker room earlier in the game to get an IV. I didn't watch the whole game so I don't know how much more of a problem it was.
      I do agree that it shouldn't happen as much as it has been but it has happened high school (Gregory), college(SDSU) and the pro's(Bengals) in the last games that I have seen this year. I understand it a little more in high school because they don't have the trainers/diets that they have in the college and pro ranks.

Comment

I was at the game and it was quite hot in the dome. I'm guessing between 75 and 80. I would think that the administration at USD could figure out how hot the dome gets with 10,000 fans based on the temperature outside, etc. But, it looks like it is easier to complain about the visiting team cramping. Preparing inside the SJack is not comparable as it is usually quite cool in the SJack.

I would agree with Westside and others - USD looks to be a team that can't control themselves under Nielsen. For every personal foul that was called, there were many more that could have been called. I suspect we saw the best of USD and I think they will struggle on the road next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
          Don't care what anybody says. Those last three plays are firable offenses. Waaaay to much could have and nearly did go wrong. Stupefying dumb. It worked. Barely. But in my opinion, it was massive stupidity.
          Well, since you have an opinion, I'll share mine...I'm glad you aren't the coaching staff. They new exactly what they were doing, and you obviously didn't. Dropping the quarterback back, is a heck of a lot better than making a hand off and letting somebody else run into the line. They had the timing situation on a card, and it worked perfectly. I hope the fan(?) that indicated earlier he wasn't going to watch the defense anymore, didn't fall asleep. It is so interesting after attending the game to come back and read the comments. And oh yeah, I guess making the playoffs six years in a row, getting an #8 seed last year, and a #5 seed this year, means we can lay off the "time to go?" until at least the fifth game next fall.*

* Yeah, I'm still POed over the start of THE "thread" so early this year. As the saying goes...IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
            Well, since you have an opinion, I'll share mine...I'm glad you aren't the coaching staff. They new exactly what they were doing, and you obviously didn't. Dropping the quarterback back, is a heck of a lot better than making a hand off and letting somebody else run into the line. They had the timing situation on a card, and it worked perfectly. I hope the fan(?) that indicated earlier he wasn't going to watch the defense anymore, didn't fall asleep. It is so interesting after attending the game to come back and read the comments. And oh yeah, I guess making the playoffs six years in a row, getting an #8 seed last year, and a #5 seed this year, means we can lay off the "time to go?" until at least the fifth game next fall.*

* Yeah, I'm still POed over the start of THE "thread" so early this year. As the saying goes...IMO.
            It’s a matter of having more points on the board when the final horn sounds. The plan worked and Used was somewhat faked out with QB fading back instead of handing off. We did not kick the extra point in last years trip # 1 in Fargo after Wieneke’s winning reception. There was like a second or two still on the clock. That worked too. Time to go? Maybe for me, but not Coach Stig. He is needed. Fairweather fans are replaceable. That's what I am.
            Last edited by Nidaros; 11-20-2017, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
              Bummer, just got banned from the USD board by calling out one of their administrators for calling our team cheaters. Hmm, sore losers down there...
              Where did you see one of their administrators calling us cheaters? I would like to see that. Not surprising at all

Comment

Rants & Raves: http://jackrabbitillustrated.blogspo...raves-usd.html
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                  Where did you see one of their administrators calling us cheaters? I would like to see that. Not surprising at all
                  Board admin, not USD admin

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                    Board admin, not USD admin
                    got it. thanks.

Side note, the U fans as a whole are awful. Have been for generations. I played in the 90's when Dennis Creehan was coach. We beat them, they trashed our locker rooms. The team was cheap as hell. I was at a work meeting in the Twin Cities, met a guy who played ball at USD, as soon as he found out I played at SDSU started talking sh*t to me, not in fun, but literally was insulting me. Their team showed their class over and over again. On Saturday there was a play towards the end of the game where one of their players took a cheap shot at our lineman in the 'groin area'. They stood over an injured player, etc.. It starts from the alumni, to the admin, to the fans, coaches...

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                      got it. thanks.

Side note, the U fans as a whole are awful. Have been for generations. I played in the 90's when Dennis Creehan was coach. We beat them, they trashed our locker rooms. The team was cheap as hell. I was at a work meeting in the Twin Cities, met a guy who played ball at USD, as soon as he found out I played at SDSU started talking sh*t to me, not in fun, but literally was insulting me. Their team showed their class over and over again. On Saturday there was a play towards the end of the game where one of their players took a cheap shot at our lineman in the 'groin area'. They stood over an injured player, etc.. It starts from the alumni, to the admin, to the fans, coaches...
                      YES!
                      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

They are really rapEing stig and the program for the cramping issues during the game over on the coyote forum

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
                          They are really rapEing stig and the program for the cramping issues during the game over on the coyote forum
                          MVFC should have an investigation into whether the temperature had been set too high targeting the SDSU players for cramping. I was not in attendance to verify the high temperatures. The Yotes may have been preparing for the Louisiana game .
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
                            3 Things
                            1.They should have been happy we were cramping up, it's probably how the game ended up so close
                            2. They can claim a moral victory then....to go with the others.
                            3. They have a forum? Couldn't their 3 fans just have a group text or snapchat?
                            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

It's funny how most times we beat USD (and often NDSU) there's some catch, conspiracy or diabolical plot. I guess I'd be frustrated too after 9 straight in football and so many big losses to SDSU in basketball. Rage on Coyotes, rage on!

Comment

When filbert created this board, he set up a number of guidelines. With the direction this thread is now pointed, I think a couple of the guidelines are worth reviewing. But don't start jumping on me...as far as I am concerned right now, those who want to continue the present discussion can do so. I'm just adding my two-cents as a poster -- the moderator hat is in my car.

First, the well-established guideline #8:
                                8. We note that threads about USD tend to degenerate into either anger or silliness. The bartenders prefer silliness.

Second, the important guideline # 12:
                                12. The bartenders don't particularly care for posters dragging discussions from other boards or web sites onto this one, only partly because it isn't fair to the discussion participants on the other site.

It's a rare event if I take a look at the USD fan message board. I'll may stumble down there when prompted by someone telling me about a goofy statement they read down there. Once in a while I fall prey to whatever it is that causes people to slow down and gawk at car wrecks and I make a visit. I'm then reminded why I prefer to not read that board. If it contained a higher ratio of news about USD, I'd maybe take an occasional look. But, a significant percentage of the posts are lectures from a guy who claims to be a coyote fan with a desire to just tick off other USD forum fans. It is also readily apparent the board's administrator has a deep, deep, deep (did I write deep?) hatred of SDSU. I think that's funny -- SDSU sports rents more space in his head than USD sports.

I think unsupportable, ridiculous statements are made by a few (and it is just a few -- there are some good people who cheer for USD) on the USD board who know some from the SDSU board are reading it and they might get a reaction. It's common juvenile teasing and is best ignored.

I prefer this message board not drag over junk from other message boards. Actually, that doesn't happen here much at all, to the credit of the board participants. I think this board should ignore noise from the other board (apparently some down there consider that arrogance -- lol). Keep cheering on the Jacks and let the chips fall where they may. So far, those chips seem to be falling just fine and that's the best response to some of the crazy stuff coming from a very few down south.

Carry on.

Comment

Working...
                                X