Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ USD Mangy Dogs

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post

Rant: The field goal attempt. I would have been upset even if we kicked it there and didn't run the fake. 4th and 3, just go for it.
    Isn't a play called dead after a whistle blows ? I definitely heard a whistle on the TV broadcast before Chase tried to throw the ball. Stig also said they heard it on the sideline. I thought he said that this isn't reviewable, but it seems to me that players might let up if they hear a whistle which likely would affect the play.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
      Don't care what anybody says. Those last three plays are firable offenses. Waaaay to much could have and nearly did go wrong. Stupefying dumb. It worked. Barely. But in my opinion, it was massive stupidity.
      False. It worked exactly as planned. We didn't have to punt the ball. We could have taken a safety on the last play to completely run out the clock if we had to. Anything you can do to prevent giving them the ball back is a good idea. If you run the ball 3 times there's a much greater chance of a fumble.

Comment

Any thoughts on the cramping? Yote fans believe it was on purpose. I only saw a couple cramps, but I wasn’t actually at the game.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
          Any thoughts on the cramping? Yote fans believe it was on purpose. I only saw a couple cramps, but I wasn’t actually at the game.
          It was the same player every time so I’m inclined to believe he was actually cramping. And I believe it started happening early in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
            It seemed worse then it was. Factor in other injuries; Kern, shoulder. Genant, concussion. Workman, shoulder and it seemed like a lot of injuries to go with the 3-4 cramps. Then all of the flags and the pace of the game was really poor.
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
              It was the same player every time so I’m inclined to believe he was actually cramping. And I believe it started happening early in the game.

This would be my conclusion as well. The notion that Stig and staff planned the cramping is pure nonsense.
              Every break between plays is a bonus for a emotionally charged game like today. It had to help USD catch their breathe.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                My other thoughts are ouch wait, cramp in my hand.........
                Lol, must spread rep.

I don't really think the cramps were fake. Even if they were, so what? This is a tried and true method of slowing down a fast paced offense. However, I highly doubt Cox would have wanted to miss that many plays since you have to sit out for at least one play. I didn't watch close enough to see if he was always out one play then came right back in.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  Isn't a play called dead after a whistle blows ? I definitely heard a whistle on the TV broadcast before Chase tried to throw the ball. Stig also said they heard it on the sideline. I thought he said that this isn't reviewable, but it seems to me that players might let up if they hear a whistle which likely would affect the play.
                  Mike Struck said the same on the radio broadcast.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                    It seemed worse then it was. Factor in other injuries; Kern, shoulder. Genant, concussion. Workman, shoulder and it seemed like a lot of injuries to go with the 3-4 cramps. Then all of the flags and the pace of the game was really poor.
                    They were booing Workman, who would have collapsed walking off the field if the trainer didn't catch him. It's rich how high some of these USD peeps are holding their heads. Twitter is full of some gold right now.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                      Don't care what anybody says. Those last three plays are firable offenses. Waaaay to much could have and nearly did go wrong. Stupefying dumb. It worked. Barely. But in my opinion, it was massive stupidity.
                      ^^ He's right you know^^ one strip and the game is lost.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                        ^^ He's right you know^^ one strip and the game is lost.
                        Taryn was going to go down before that could happen.

Comment

If you get a cramp early you are screwed the rest of the game. It’s hard to play catch up with fluid and electrolytes when it happens. I believe I saw Cox, Hildahl and possibly Backhous go down with cramps? I can’t believe they would be faking, that seems like sour grapes, but whatever. If that is why they are calling cheaters, so be it.

It is not unusual to be able to relieve the cramp and go back in a few plays later.

I could go on and on about muscle cramps since I get paid to work w/ athletes who suffer from them but I won’t bore you.

Comment

A few thoughts:

1) I don't think the cramping was intentional

2) If it was, I don't really care.

3) USD didn't lose because of cramps, fake or otherwise

4) 9 straight

5) Their best start to a season in 15+ years resulted in losing 4 out of their last 5, a rape scandal, and possibly missing the playoffs. Best in the "Dakota's" indeed.

6) Jacks Fans sounded really loud on the radio/TV

7) We may see them again in two weeks

8) Terrible facility to watch a football game, in person or otherwise. The sideline closest to the camera was invisible most of the game on tv.

9) Jacks are 20-3 against USD since 1990.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                              Bummer, just got banned from the USD board by calling out one of their administrators for calling our team cheaters. Hmm, sore losers down there...
                              Lol I got banned for one post that wasn’t much worse than when Zim or Garry mentioned several times how long it’s been since usd has beaten us. But what can you expect from people who had to go to school down there? Poor guys....
                              Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                              Meh...who gives a sh**. Quite the board they got down there with, what, 3 posters? Quick question...who was in office the last time they beat us? Seriously, it's been that long...
                              I mean, think about this. There are going to be people walking around who can legally smoke and buy lotto tickets who weren’t born the last time usd beat us. That’s awesome. Making it to drinking age would be even better. Or the highway speed limit.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                                A few thoughts:

8) Terrible facility to watch a football game, in person or otherwise. The sideline closest to the camera was invisible most of the game on tv.
                                Equally invisible when in the stands! Worst venue in College football. Tear it down, Yesterday. I felt Like I was in Mass with all the stand up sit down BS cus nobody could see up front so they stood and then so did everybody else.

Comment

Working...
                                X