Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ USD Mangy Dogs

Originally posted by slosho View Post
    Might be why our staff "Passed" on him (or didn't recruit hard) I Love Bulldogs insight and passion, and no doubt #88 in red is an excellent player.
    When it comes to Bulldog, I am like a small kid at the zoo, who loves to poke a ton or more gorilla in the ass with a stick. Yes he does have insight and definitely passion.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
      I'll have more to post tomorrow but for now I'm still a little heated about what I saw and heard on the field today.

For those of you who wanted Stig fired after UNI and were lamenting that we didn't have Bob Nielson... GTFO

I have never seen such a classless team, period. I've been told by friends who are USD fans that they think the program, character wise, is now much closer to Meiercort's then Glenn's. #44 is a very talented player but is a dink. Straight up. Taunting an injured player. Encouraging the crowd to boo when there was injured player. Waiting for the Jacks to run out of their locker room to try and start ****. All the **** talking after every single play. That team is out of control and that is direct failure of Nielson's leadership. I'm not even going to get into the off field bull****.

So for all those reasons, plus winning, I'll take Stig 10/10 times and if you want Nielson go cheer on the mangy yotes.
      #44 was also the one who knocked the ball out of TC's hands after the final whistle blew. Keep it classy...we'll have to deal with him for 2 more years as he's only a sophomore.

Comment

OK I confess I had to take a look. I found the USD forum and I can't stop laughing at their inane descriptions of the game, themselves and their team. One guy calls himself "FlagshipU". They might be the flagship of Clay County but that is about it.

Comment

After watching the replay last night, it sure makes me wonder how we can let a team drive about 75 yards in 5 plays taking only about 1 minute off the clock playing our prevent defense. There was about 3:11 on the clock when they got the ball and they scored with about 2:14 on the clock. It seems like that is the prevent defense that we have been playing for over 10 years and it might have cost us a game or two (a guess) but it makes things more fun for the fans.
          Can anybody tell me if the clock was ran correctly with about 2 minutes left? I am only asking because the play clock started at 25 seconds instead of 40? It seems weird that SDSU lost 15 seconds because an official inadvertently blew his whistle(for targeting). I know that is just the way it goes but since there was no penalty and it was a running play, it would have been nice to get those extra 15 seconds.
          Last edited by 91jack; 11-21-2017, 03:53 PM.

Comment

You are correct. The prevent defense prevented us from winning a game of which we shall not speak. It could have prevented us from winning this game as well. I listened on Saturday while in the pickup with a USD alum. He was confused as to why Tyler Merriam was more excited for USD than SDSU. I replied that is just the way he is. I then took the time and watched last night. I thought the final three minutes were nonsensically horrific in every way imaginable. The flashbacks...my God, the flashbacks.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
              After watching the replay last night, it sure makes me wonder how we can let a team drive about 75 yards in 5 plays taking only about 1 minute off the clock playing our prevent defense. There was about 3:11 on the clock when they got the ball and they scored with about 2:14 on the clock. I guess that seems like the prevent defense that we have been playing for over 10 years and it has only cost us a couple of games (a guess) and it makes things more fun for the fans.
              Can anybody tell me if SDSU got an extra play when they originally called targeting on TC's run with about 2 minutes, left? I know the play clock started at 25 seconds instead of 40 but did SDSU get another down since there was not penalty?
              No it was 2nd down after Taryn scrambled all the way to the 31. Targeting would have been a personal foul so an extra down wouldn't have occurred anyway.

South Dakota State at 02:11
              1st and 10 at SDSU47 SOUTH DAKOTA STATE drive start at 02:11.
              1st and 10 at SDSU47 Taryn Christion rush for loss of 16 yards to the SDSU31 (Headlee,Jacob).
              2nd and 26 at SDSU31 Timeout South Dakota State, clock 01:36.
              2nd and 26 at SDSU31 Clock 01:36, Taryn Christion rush for loss of 10 yards to the SDSU21 (Cline,Kameron).
              3rd and 36 at SDSU21 Clock 00:50, Taryn Christion rush for loss of 17 yards to the SDSU4 (Cochrane,Jack).
              4th and 53 at SDSU04 TEAM rush for loss of 3 yards to the SDSU1.
              TOTAL 4 plays , -46 yards Time of Possession: 2:11

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                No it was 2nd down after Taryn scrambled all the way to the 31. Targeting would have been a personal foul so an extra down wouldn't have occurred anyway.

South Dakota State at 02:11
                1st and 10 at SDSU47 SOUTH DAKOTA STATE drive start at 02:11.
                1st and 10 at SDSU47 Taryn Christion rush for loss of 16 yards to the SDSU31 (Headlee,Jacob).
                2nd and 26 at SDSU31 Timeout South Dakota State, clock 01:36.
                2nd and 26 at SDSU31 Clock 01:36, Taryn Christion rush for loss of 10 yards to the SDSU21 (Cline,Kameron).
                3rd and 36 at SDSU21 Clock 00:50, Taryn Christion rush for loss of 17 yards to the SDSU4 (Cochrane,Jack).
                4th and 53 at SDSU04 TEAM rush for loss of 3 yards to the SDSU1.
                TOTAL 4 plays , -46 yards Time of Possession: 2:11
                Oops! I tried to go back and change this but you must have been too fast.
                What I was really wondering is since it was a running play and there was no penalty, can the official ever start the play clock at 40 seconds (with the game clock running) instead of 25 or since they blew the whistle it automatically starts at 25 seconds.? I am not a official so I don't know the rule.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                  Oops! I tried to go back and change this but you must have been too fast.
                  What I was really wondering is since it was a running play and there was no penalty, can the official ever start the play clock at 40 seconds (with the game clock running) instead of 25 or since they blew the whistle it automatically starts at 25 seconds.? I am not a official so I don't know the rule.
                  I see. I would assume since clock stopped it now becomes a 25 second clock no matter what. But good question.

Comment

I'm going to add my thoughts from the game since this thread is still active and I just watched the game last night for the first time.
                    - Rozeboom is a dude! He's always around the ball and he shows up with intentions, just how football was meant to be played. I am so grateful that we get to watch him play for 2 more years in a Jackrabbit uniform. I hope his intensity and attitude on the field rubs off on everyone else, especially the young guys. Can you imagine if we have 11 guys on the field at all times, every game, that played with that mindset? He needs to be a leader that others will follow, and this team will be fine for years to come.
                    -Something must be wrong with Weineke. I counted 4 dropped balls against USD alone, and several others earlier in the season. A couple of them were high difficulty, but those are the plays that he's made in previous years that got him to All-American status. My intent is not to complain about his performance as he still had 2 touchdowns from great routes and running after the catch (and I love watching him play as well). I just think that he is not himself and there is some ailment he's been battling all year that we're not aware of.
                    -Dallas Goedert...nothing else needs to be said.
                    -Great win and time to move on. Let the losing fanbase make excuses, cry, and claim conspiracies if that is how they see it. Winners, WIN, that is what they do!

Comment

This is a good one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obZ_CKQBvEo
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        Very troublesome to see the taunting penalty on USD's #86, Josh Hale. Jacks had kicked off after taking the score to 31-21 with 4:52 on the clock (4th quarter). Hale gets called for standing over #45, Jess Workman and taunting after taking him down hard. Workman is clearly dazed (watch him walk off the field and start to fall when he is caught by the doc/trainer walking with him and another trainer comes out to assist him). I saw too much of that kind of behavior from the red team in this game.
                        Yes, this absolutely wasn't okay. The really telling piece is that NO USD coach addressed him at all after the play! I can't imagine how many times he would have been addressed by our coaches.

A couple of important misses by the officials. First, Streveler was nearly 2 yards over the line of scrimmage late in the 4th quarter when he passed for a first down. Second, one of the back officials flagged a wide receiver for holding, but the flag was waived off because it was a pass completed behind the line of scrimmage. However, it was clearly over the line and the closest official held his arm forward, signalling a forward pass beyond the line of scrimmage. I guess the head official thought USD had been penalized enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Reality View Post
                          Yes, this absolutely wasn't okay. The really telling piece is that NO USD coach addressed him at all after the play! I can't imagine how many times he would have been addressed by our coaches.

A couple of important misses by the officials. First, Streveler was nearly 2 yards over the line of scrimmage late in the 4th quarter when he passed for a first down. Second, one of the back officials flagged a wide receiver for holding, but the flag was waived off because it was a pass completed behind the line of scrimmage. However, it was clearly over the line and the closest official held his arm forward, signalling a forward pass beyond the line of scrimmage. I guess the head official thought USD had been penalized enough.
                          I'm glad you went back and watched that play where they threw the flag for being over the line and said he wasn't. Watching the live broadcast I thought for sure he was over. Good to know. I think TC also had one earlier in the game though that they missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Reality View Post

No he wasn't. It was reviewed. The ruling was correct.

The play occurs at approximately the 2:47:30 mark.

http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=3200206
                            Last edited by jacks1; 11-22-2017, 12:01 PM.
                            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                              I'm glad you went back and watched that play where they threw the flag for being over the line and said he wasn't. Watching the live broadcast I thought for sure he was over. Good to know. I think TC also had one earlier in the game though that they missed.
                              I agree that both TC and Steveler had the same type of play. As long as they make the same call for/against both teams, I'm good.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                                No he wasn't. It was reviewed. The ruling was correct.

The play occurs at approximately the 2:47:30 mark.

http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=3200206
                                Without reading the technical terms of the rule, this looks like he is over to me. But maybe his whole body have to be over the line? usd-sdsu #1.jpgusd-sdsu #2.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X