GDT: @ USD Mangy Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ USD Mangy Dogs

It's to bad that both USD and NDSU fans have to cry when they lose to SDSU. There is always something like "dirty plays", refs, fake injuries/cramps, the cold, not a big enough handicap for them, etc. Its not like SDSU doesn't have a miss call that isn't in their favor or momentum taken away because of an injury. I hate excuses. Every team is going to have to overcome something at some point. It's just part of the game. Give credit where credit is due.

Stig has done a tremendous job. The program is where it is at because of him and they type of players and coaches that he has brought on. To say that he wanted players to fake cramps to slow down USD's offense is asinine. What is asinine is that they got damn near 600 yards but only scored 28 points.

This weekend could have gone better but it did end GREAT!

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
      ^^ He's right you know^^ one strip and the game is lost.
      Couldn't a strip have happened on normal running plays too? Probably more likely there than having TC in control of the situation imo.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
        Lol I got banned for one post that wasn’t much worse than when Zim or Garry mentioned several times how long it’s been since usd has beaten us. But what can you expect from people who had to go to school down there? Poor guys....

I mean, think about this. There are going to be people walking around who can legally smoke and buy lotto tickets who weren’t born the last time usd beat us. That’s awesome. Making it to drinking age would be even better. Or the highway speed limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I defend you and look what happens, haha!

Comment

The refs had questionable calls both teams. The holding or PI they missed late in the game sure seemed like they let what looked like usd player start tackling our wr well before the ball got there. Then we had to punt. The targeting usd player had I don't think should have been called. We had a 15 yard penalty seemed out of place too. Maybe would need to see more replays. Hd nieces birthday and family gathering so Was hard to hear and pay close attention the whole game.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            Couldn't a strip have happened on normal running plays too? Probably more likely there than having TC in control of the situation imo.
            Well I'll be. I guess so. If it's any consolation I feel almost as dumb as I look.

Comment

Thought wallace was huge. He ran well to bad didn't get more carries. Tc overthrew some really open and big plays. Felt like steveler missed some chances to run on pass plays. Only hurt us on designed runs mostly. Not sure where our linebackers or safeties were but they had us strung out on those long runs they had.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                Thought wallace was huge. He ran well to bad didn't get more carries. Tc overthrew some really open and big plays. Felt like steveler missed some chances to run on pass plays. Only hurt us on designed runs mostly. Not sure where our linebackers or safeties were but they had us strung out on those long runs they had.
                On a few of those long runs we either ran a stunt and they caught us or one of our DTs not named Soulek just got washed down badly. We need more consistent play out of the DT position to help Soulek. That’s our biggest weakness on run defense it seems. Take that with a salt lick block.
                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Speaking of overthrows, I would have loved to see if Goedert could've outran the USD secondary when TC missed him wide open from the 1 yard line. Could've been a 99 yard TD.

Still, Goedert is a beast. Hope Wieneke can heal. Had 2 TD, but those were his only catches of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                    On a few of those long runs we either ran a stunt and they caught us or one of our DTs not named Soulek just got washed down badly. We need more consistent play out of the DT position to help Soulek. That’s our biggest weakness on run defense it seems. Take that with a salt lick block.
                    It was hard to see I thought where the players were. On some runs we looked to be well out of our base defense or they had wrs wide. Not gonna argue with you sure seemed the line did better in pass play containing steveler then stopping the run.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                      Speaking of overthrows, I would have loved to see if Goedert could've outran the USD secondary when TC missed him wide open from the 1 yard line. Could've been a 99 yard TD.

Still, Goedert is a beast. Hope Wieneke can heal. Had 2 TD, but those were his only catches of the game.
                      That was probably the worst over throw. Would have easily been a td. The one weinke missed seemed Jake should have had it but it was just a hair long.

Comment

That was probably the worst over throw. Would have easily been a td. The one weinke missed seemed Jake should have had it but it was just a hair long.
                        He’s an NFL level talent, when it hits your hands you gotta catch it. It was maybe a hair overthrown but really not even in the realm of a tough catch for him.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                          I defend you and look what happens, haha!
                          Guess we all go down together! Wish I could have seen what you said, but I can’t even read that site anymore. What a tragic loss to have to deal with on this weekend

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

All right Steelsd and Thumper — you made me curious so I took a look at the message board from down south. Pretty funny stuff. Some tin-foil hats worn down there. Loved the cramp conspiracy.
                            Which one of you guys is CF?
                            Last edited by JackJD; 11-19-2017, 03:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                              I'll have more to post tomorrow but for now I'm still a little heated about what I saw and heard on the field today.

For those of you who wanted Stig fired after UNI and were lamenting that we didn't have Bob Nielson... GTFO

I have never seen such a classless team, period. I've been told by friends who are USD fans that they think the program, character wise, is now much closer to Meiercort's then Glenn's. #44 is a very talented player but is a dink. Straight up. Taunting an injured player. Encouraging the crowd to boo when there was injured player. Waiting for the Jacks to run out of their locker room to try and start ****. All the **** talking after every single play. That team is out of control and that is direct failure of Nielson's leadership. I'm not even going to get into the off field bull****.

So for all those reasons, plus winning, I'll take Stig 10/10 times and if you want Nielson go cheer on the mangy yotes.
                              I agree with your characterizations, and if accurate, it gives recruits considering both programs a clear contrast. Can't wait for the playoffs!!

Comment

Fun time ($3.00 tall taps of your favorite brew and half-price appetizers) with a bunch of Jacks fans at Harry’s in Watertown for the game.

I skipped around on a replay of the game this evening. I was quite surprised at the chippiness of the USD players. I’ve thought highly of the USD coach but (as WestSideRabbit pointed out) the crap going on looked much like the Meirkort-era players. One has to wonder what happened to a team that started the year 6-0.

Comment

Working...
                                X