Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ USD Mangy Dogs

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    It's funny how most times we beat USD (and often NDSU) there's some catch, conspiracy or diabolical plot. I guess I'd be frustrated too after 9 straight in football and so many big losses to SDSU in basketball. Rage on Coyotes, rage on!
    We only have to hear about Rozeboom twisting ankles for two more seasons !

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      We only have to hear about Rozeboom twisting ankles for two more seasons !

Comment

I've been trying to decide if this thread is . . .

I've been trying to decide . . .

I've been trying . . .

I've . . .
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

While you may be thinking about this thread, there is a replay of the football game on Mediacom.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
            While you may be thinking about this thread, there is a replay of the football game on Mediacom.
            Good idea!

Comment

Hildahl, #96, gets a leg cramp with the clock stopped at 14:24 in the 4th quarter. Listen to the commentator working with Jay Elsen on the Midco broadcast. He explains how when he played at USD, in the preseason they would turn up the "dryers" and then visiting teams, particularly in the early season, were not accustomed to the heat/dryness and would "wilt". [Wilt was his word selection, not mine.] Before play resumes, the camera shows a lot of the Jacks on the sidelines taking in some water and the commentator pointed that out while also noting the USD fans were starting to react to the cramps

Comment

Very troublesome to see the taunting penalty on USD's #86, Josh Hale. Jacks had kicked off after taking the score to 31-21 with 4:52 on the clock (4th quarter). Hale gets called for standing over #45, Jess Workman and taunting after taking him down hard. Workman is clearly dazed (watch him walk off the field and start to fall when he is caught by the doc/trainer walking with him and another trainer comes out to assist him). I saw too much of that kind of behavior from the red team in this game.

I will run into guys I ran against from other schools -- granted, track guys aren't usually bumping heads etc. but the competition is nonetheless fierce -- and its a real pleasure to see those guys you haven't seen in 20 or 30 years, recognize one another, give each other a little grief, and have some laughs. I suspect a guy like Hale is clueless about sportsmanship -- at least that's what he demonstrated when he got tagged for a totally stupid penalty.

Comment

USD's receiver, #88 Van Roekel, is a nice player. Bulldog, where are you? You were in charge of recruiting from NW Iowa that year.

Comment

Decided to check out usd's forum for the first time, and, wow, that was special. Nearing the level of Bisonville, just with less people. Also, you guys who got banned, way to go for getting banned for no good reason. How petty can their admin be? Can't have a good forum with no control and with no outside opinions.
                    They can trash talk this forum all they want, but the admin on here are fair and keep control while the fans are generally pretty good and informative. Thank you to all the admin and fans who keep this forum great and mostly away from conspiracy (tired of both sides cramping fight.)

P.S. I'm not trying to drag anything over from other sites, just want to say thank you to the admin and fans of this one.
                    Rollin' in my 5.0
                    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                      Decided to check out usd's forum for the first time, and, wow, that was special. Nearing the level of Bisonville, just with less people. Also, you guys who got banned, way to go for getting banned for no good reason. How petty can their admin be? Can't have a good forum with no control and with no outside opinions.
                      They can trash talk this forum all they want, but the admin on here are fair and keep control while the fans are generally pretty good and informative. Thank you to all the admin and fans who keep this forum great and mostly away from conspiracy (tired of both sides cramping fight.)

P.S. I'm not trying to drag anything over from other sites, just want to say thank you to the admin and fans of this one.
                      Eh, I’m not surprised he banned me for essentially nothing. In USeD fans eyes I’m the SDSU Lakesbison, so I hold a special place in their hearts. Some of it is because I tend to be aggressive in slapping them down when they say dumb stuff and I figure some of it is because I started calling them USeD. I think that got some sand up their skirts. Tbh when their board admin says he never wants to tailgate with an SDSU fan because SDSU blah blah blah, and myself being a guy who feels tailgating is supposed to be where you can share a beer and some laughs with everybody, I’ll take it as a badge of honor to be banned from those douchebags sandbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        USD's receiver, #88 Van Roekel, is a nice player. Bulldog, where are you? You were in charge of recruiting from NW Iowa that year.
                        Yes he is a very good football player. In wearing yellow and blue, I suspect he would not be getting the playing time that he is getting in Vermillion. He would be behind Goedert and maybe one or two others. If its about playing time, I think he made the right choice.

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post

Yes interesting reading, but not our level for civility.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            Yes he is a very good football player. In wearing yellow and blue, I suspect he would not be getting the playing time that he is getting in Vermillion. He would be behind Goedert and maybe one or two others. If its about playing time, I think he made the right choice.
                            Van Roekel is a wide receiver and is luckily graduating. He might play the role of Alex Wilde if he were in our offense. Good player for the Yotes though there just wouldn't be room for him in our lineup.
                            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                              Van Roekel is a wide receiver and is luckily graduating. He might play the role of Alex Wilde if he were in our offense. Good player for the Yotes though there just wouldn't be room for him in our lineup.
                              His number 88 generally makes him a tight end, but you know more so I stand to be corrected. I guess WR and TE can choose between 80-89 and 11-20, or is there some scheme to the numbering? I am

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                                Might be why our staff "Passed" on him (or didn't recruit hard) I Love Bulldogs insight and passion, and no doubt #88 in red is an excellent player.

Comment

Working...
                                X