Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: @ Kansas Jayhawks

Originally posted by TennesseeJackrabbit View Post
    What the heck is wrong with SDSU?? I didn't expect them to win but this is just embarrassing, turnovers all around, terrible shots, no defensive rotation. Well at least the defense is rebounding
    Honestly, if they would have shot a normal percentage, especially from 3, it wouldn't be that bsd. You have to remember who we're playing. The spread was 23, so If you take away the hot shooting, we're about where we were expected to be.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      Honestly, if they would have shot a normal percentage, especially from 3, it wouldn't be that bsd. You have to remember who we're playing. The spread was 23, so If you take away the hot shooting, we're about where we were expected to be.
      We gave them too many easy ones in the first half and they got into a flow. A normal game is probably a 20 point win for the Jayhawks
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        Honestly I expected a 20 pt win, but they got hot in the first half. If we were shooting hot in the first half and carried that momentum over we might have even made it tighter but then again they are one of the best programs in the country
        The JACKEDRABBITS aren't that cute.. we can be mean too!

Comment

Daum was better 2nd half. Howell looked ok. Everyone else looks like a chicken with its head cut off out there.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
            The only player who really looks like he belongs on the court with Kansas tonight is Daum.
            as a guy who watches both of these teams religiously, Daum is the only guy that would belong on the court. Much better teams than this SDSU team have suffered the same fate at the Phog and the atmosphere really impacts the game like no other place. People would say Cameron but they’d be lying. Many an all American has wilted in the Phog. No injuries was all I️ was hoping for as I knew exactly what to expect.
            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

In games like this you have to get more out of your seniors than the Jacks got tonight. Telly being undersized at the 4 really shows up against teams like Kansas and Gonzaga. Jacks will learn from this and be fine down the road. Chris Howell needs to get more run - other than Daum, he is one of the few that can create his own shot.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                In games like this you have to get more out of your seniors than the Jacks got tonight. Telly being undersized at the 4 really shows up against teams like Kansas and Gonzaga. Jacks will learn from this and be fine down the road. Chris Howell needs to get more run - other than Daum, he is one of the few that can create his own shot.
                Telly is as big as KU’s 4. KU’s 4 in the 4 guard lineup they play is 6’5” (Vick). KU played a walk on in the first half. That’s how bad we were tonight.
                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Was at the game and saw a bunch of guys trying to do too much. I’ve watched every game this year and our ball movement and unselfishness is what led to a 3-0 start. Looked like everyone was trying to get “theirs”

Key - awful game. Has always drove under control and kicked out. Tried to finish finish down low and drove in to crowds all night.

Daum - Put the ball on the floor too much, driving in to crowds and never kicking out. Couldn’t shoot when the game mattered. At least you could argue he is playing for money in a game like this with scouts watching. Think he hurt his draft stock.

Jenkins — Knew that first made off balance jumper was ultimately bad. Many more followed with ugly results. Guy is a great shooter when the ball moves for a catch and shoot. The forced shots and drives with turnovers were a killer.

Telly/Flatten - Don’t get opportunities to shoot in selfish environments.

Defense - Over rotation and overplays led to easy extra passes for wide open shots.

Again all guys trying to do too much and not playing to their strengths. Hopefully this is a one time atmosphere related blip on the season. Was really hoping this team would show what it’s capable of. If guys keep looking to try to show what they can do individually the results this year will be disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by tbjack View Post
                    Was at the game and saw a bunch of guys trying to do too much. I’ve watched every game this year and our ball movement and unselfishness is what led to a 3-0 start. Looked like everyone was trying to get “theirs”

Key - awful game. Has always drove under control and kicked out. Tried to finish finish down low and drove in to crowds all night.

Daum - Put the ball on the floor too much, driving in to crowds and never kicking out. Couldn’t shoot when the game mattered. At least you could argue he is playing for money in a game like this with scouts watching. Think he hurt his draft stock.

Jenkins — Knew that first made off balance jumper was ultimately bad. Many more followed with ugly results. Guy is a great shooter when the ball moves for a catch and shoot. The forced shots and drives with turnovers were a killer.

Telly/Flatten - Don’t get opportunities to shoot in selfish environments.

Defense - Over rotation and overplays led to easy extra passes for wide open shots.

Again all guys trying to do too much and not playing to their strengths. Hopefully this is a one time atmosphere related blip on the season. Was really hoping this team would show what it’s capable of. If guys keep looking to try to show what they can do individually the results this year will be disappointing.
                    What are the positives that u took from this game? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tbjack View Post

If guys keep looking to try to show what they can do individually the results this year will be disappointing.
                      I think that it was a case of everyone trying to make up for everyone. The whole team struggled. I am chalking it up to the first road game of the year being at one of the hardest places to play in the nation. Would have been nice to have this game towards the end of the non-con instead.

This team will be very good against mid-majors. They should be great against the Summit. But, when a jump shooting team can't make jump shots, bad things are going to happen against a P5 school.

-Daum has to hit the open jump shots when he has them. They aren't going to happen very often.
                      -Defense has to be better. They were caught sleeping numerous times
                      -I have to keep telling myself that Jenkins is still just a freshman and is learning. The kid is going to be a star, and we are going to have to deal with the occasional growing pain. I have the same feelings toward Key. This is his first year against real competition. By the time we get to the conference season both will be much, much better.
                      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

On the one hand, the Jacks looked absolutely terrible.

On the other hand, Kansas makes their opponents look absolutely terrible with regularity in Allen Fieldhouse. Getting run straight out of the gym and all the way to the Kansas state line was the probable result of the game. There's always a chance for a different outcome but . . .

Bill Self's record at Allen Fieldhouse is now 222-10. In 15 years he's lost a whole ten home games.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          What are the positives that u took from this game? Thanks
                          Sorry if a negative post on a message board about a 34 point loss that was far worse than the score offended anyone. It’s Allen Fieldhouse, KU, top 5 I get it. Just was really disappointed with the style of play.

We rebounded really well. Even some of the positives like Kings and Howells points are overall negatives to me as they were one on one head down type drives and not in the flow of the offense. Don’t think that’s how we win long term.

Hopefully a learning experience that we won’t be successful playing that style. On to a good Wyoming team with a chance to make a real splash at this tourney!!

Comment

Death. Taxes. Bill Self at Phog Allen Fieldhouse.
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

It's Kansas - at home. Did you see/hear that insane crowd at the tipoff? This is like playing Ohio State in football. I'd forgive about anything from a bunch of mid-major 20 year old kids that come in and look overwhelmed. Take your paycheck, learn a few lessons and move on to the rest of the schedule.

Comment

The only thing that really disappointed me last night was our unwillingness to play inside-out when Azubuike was out of the game. In reality, he didn't play a ton of minutes which actually gave us a size advantage in the post. In particular there was a point in the 2nd half when both Thiesen and Daum were on the floor without Azubuike and we still weren't getting post touches. The few times we actually went inside without him in the game, they doubled - that SHOULD give our shooters opportunities from the perimeter but that didn't happen enough last night.

Another point on Azubuike - anyone not named Daum should be fouling him when he gets the ball - he's a 40% ft shooter.

Even if we do the two things I noted above, nobody is beating Kansas when they shoot THAT well. On to the next one.

Comment

Working...
                                X