Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD week

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
    Here's to hoping USD fans will realize that "smack" of that nature has the potential to make the rape survivor's life even more difficult by making light of that person's assault.

Let's rise above seeing rape and/or sexual assault as "smack-worthy," folks. Either a couple idiots have ruined, hopefully only temporarily, a young woman's life or they were wrongfully accused. Neither of which seems humorous.
    i agree with this except for the part of USD fans realizing that smack of that nature having potential to make the survivors life more difficult. The so called smack was posted on this board, not ours. That's exactly why I said...low rent.

i will tell you unequivocally that usd fans are sickened by what happened and in no way condone it. I for one from the first day said they should all be booted from the team immediately. Coach Nielsen did just that, as I expected he would and would hope Stig would do the same.

That inciident is an ugly black eye eye on the University. Period. And I feel so sorry for the victim, it's awful. I wished it hadn't happened, but it did, so I'm measuring on how we handle it and support the young lady as measuring stick for who we really are. There's absolutely no place in athletics or life for that matter for things like this.

About my reply to MitchellRabbit I said ......Miss me Mitch? I don't know if it's spell check or somehow someone changed my wording to Miss me b**ch. I never typed that. My screen says Mitch. So if yours say b**ch I'm sorry, but I didn't type that.

if you're the better team then prove it on Saturday. If not, well then you're not. We will know in 36 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
      i agree with this except for the part of USD fans realizing that smack of that nature having potential to make the survivors life more difficult. The so called smack was posted on this board, not ours. That's exactly why I said...low rent.
      The portion of my post about USD fans was intended as a response to the hypothetical about how USD fans would ridicule SDSU if Jacks players engaged in similar acts. Some fans likely would. I'm still naively hoping we all can get to a place where we don't minimize rape and sexual assault by using it as smack.

Comment

Beat State not your wife is still fresh in my mind, but bringing up the recent charges at USD is not helpful.

Comment

And Thats another Jackrabbit Touchdown

Comment

Oh that's rich. Fred Oien and family would like a word, mainly about I dunno, some t-shirts or something.

Comment

The portion of my post about USD fans was intended as a response to the hypothetical about how USD fans would ridicule SDSU if Jacks players engaged in similar acts. Some fans likely would. I'm still naively hoping we all can get to a place where we don't minimize rape and sexual assault by using it as smack.
              I didn't minimize it at all. I was doing look a likes and likened them to jail birds because they committed a heinous crime. It is smack because USD has a black eye for recruiting and having these characters on their team. If anything I maximized it by pointing them out.

I'm hoping we can all get to a place where we don't feel the need to pick apart everything and be so sensitive.

Comment

Miss me Mitch?
                Actually i did.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                  I didn't minimize it at all. I was doing look a likes and likened them to jail birds because they committed a heinous crime. It is smack because USD has a black eye for recruiting and having these characters on their team. If anything I maximized it by pointing them out.

I'm hoping we can all get to a place where we don't feel the need to pick apart everything and be so sensitive.
                  "Sensitive" as in responding to a post that did not reference you at all?

The fact that your subsequent post above did not mention rape/assault and instead focused on recruiting and the accused players is textbook minimization of the woman's circumstances.

May you or no one you care about ever experience what this young woman allegedly has. You can be damn certain that I'll be "sensitive" about anyone doing that to a woman, and you posting memes or engaging in ad hominem attacks about that sensitivity won't change that.

Comment

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Jackrabbit fans traveling to the Dome on Saturday should make sure their vaccinations are up to date. Don't drink the water, and avoid direct skin contact with fixtures in bathrooms and corridors. Nose plugs are optional but recommended.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

The fact that your subsequent post above did not mention rape/assault and instead focused on recruiting and the accused players is textbook minimization of the woman's circumstances.

May you or no one you care about ever experience what this young woman allegedly has. You can be damn certain that I'll be "sensitive" about anyone doing that to a woman, and you posting memes or engaging in ad hominem attacks about that sensitivity won't change that.
                      Well I made the original post, so who else were you referencing?

I said that they committed a heinous crime. How is that minimizing the circumstances?

Comment

Here's to hoping USD fans will realize that "smack" of that nature has the potential to make the rape survivor's life even more difficult by making light of that person's assault.

Let's rise above seeing rape and/or sexual assault as "smack-worthy," folks. Either a couple idiots have ruined, hopefully only temporarily, a young woman's life or they were wrongfully accused. Neither of which seems humorous.
                        This is part of why I am not personally a particularly big fan of smack in general. But, people seem to insist on doing it, so "we can't stop it, we can only hope to contain it."

Upon further reflection however, I think the offending post does cross the line from humorous to mean-spirited, and on that basis I'm going to delete it.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                          Oh that's rich. Fred Oien and family would like a word, mainly about I dunno, some t-shirts or something.
                          Amen. The ticket takers were wearing the shirts. Always classy down there........

Comment

Good lord you are unbearable. For your sake, I hope you don't participate in Facebook or Twitter - no way you could possibly handle what goes on there.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                              This is part of why I am not personally a particularly big fan of smack in general. But, people seem to insist on doing it, so "we can't stop it, we can only hope to contain it."

Upon further reflection however, I think the offending post does cross the line from humorous to mean-spirited, and on that basis I'm going to delete it.
                              Since when is smack only supposed to be humorous and not mean-spirited? The definition of smack is: speak insultingly of someone, especially to intentionally rankle them.

(side: rankle is an awesome word that I was not aware of until I looked up smack for a definition)

Comment

[QUOTE=filbert;321531]This is part of why I am not personally a particularly big fan of smack in general. But, people seem to insist on doing it, so "we can't stop it, we can only hope to contain it."

Upon further reflection however, I think the offending post does cross the line from humorous to mean-spirited, and on that basis I'm going to delete it.[/QUOTE

We need you in Congress🇺🇸

Comment

Working...
                                X