Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD week

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Since when is smack only supposed to be humorous and not mean-spirited? The definition of smack is: speak insultingly of someone, especially to intentionally rankle them.

(side: rankle is an awesome word that I was not aware of until I looked up smack for a definition)
    There's a balance between "humorous" and "mean" that needs to be maintained for Grade A Smack.

Everybody has a different balance point.

That's one of the major problems with "smack."
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
      Good lord you are unbearable. For your sake, I hope you don't participate in Facebook or Twitter - no way you could possibly handle what goes on there.
      Hmm, forgive me for not taking online usage advice from a board troll, but yes, folks like you are one reason I don't use Facebook. I am on Twitter though.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        Well I made the original post, so who else were you referencing?

I said that they committed a heinous crime. How is that minimizing the circumstances?
        You're still focusing on the players NOT the survivor. I know it might be difficult for you to believe, but not every post on a thread you've posted on is referring to you. I replied to a post indicating smack wasn't always pretty. I would hope having smack be free of a sexual assault/rape allegation connection is a low bar to clear.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
          Hmm, forgive me for not taking online usage advice from a board troll, but yes, folks like you are one reason I don't use Facebook. I am on Twitter though.
          I'm the troll? You're the one who jumped all over the good Cappin's case for a post in the SMACK section. If anybody was out to solicit a reaction from their post, I'm pretty sure it was you. I read Cappin's post, chuckled, and went along with my day....as did every just about every single person that looked at it - except for you. Since it is in the SMACK section, I really didn't feel the need to take the time to think about the moral impacts of such a post. It's just ridiculous that you think we would need to actually have that discussion on this board.

I'm glad I've given you a reason to not use Facebook. I de-activated my account over 5 years ago.

Comment

I'm the troll? You're the one who jumped all over the good Cappin's case for a post in the SMACK section. If anybody was out to solicit a reaction from their post, I'm pretty sure it was you. I read Cappin's post, chuckled, and went along with my day....as did every just about every single person that looked at it - except for you. Since it is in the SMACK section, I really didn't feel the need to take the time to think about the moral impacts of such a post. It's just ridiculous that you think we would need to actually have that discussion on this board.

I'm glad I've given you a reason to not use Facebook. I de-activated my account over 5 years ago.
            For a person with an inordinate amount of interest in others' reading comprehension, it seems ironic that you frame a post that never referenced Cappin as jumping his case.

Comment

You're still focusing on the players NOT the survivor. I know it might be difficult for you to believe, but not every post on a thread you've posted on is referring to you. I replied to a post indicating smack wasn't always pretty. I would hope having smack be free of a sexual assault/rape allegation connection is a low bar to clear.
              I think he meant to focus on the lack of program control by a means of pointing out it's (lack of control) possible deleterious effects on the Community and it's members (victims).

But it is certainly a possibility we could find ourselves with young me who made poor choices that have lasting effects so it's a fine line.

Comment

For a person with an inordinate amount of interest in others' reading comprehension, it seems ironic that you frame a post that never referenced Cappin as jumping his case.
                That's not how that works. You don't get to reference a certain post from the original poster and then claim your response had nothing to do with said original poster. This is just more of the stupid word twisting you like to do with every single response you give on this forum.

Comment

That's not how that works. You don't get to reference a certain post from the original poster and then claim your response had nothing to do with said original poster. This is just more of the stupid word twisting you like to do with every single response you give on this forum.
                  Oh man, "every post" -- talk about an overgeneralization. Yes, with you I question the logic of statements. Because, well, they either attack a new poster for posting on a thread or attack a coach with a winning record's "mediocrity." No twisting there, sport. You and Cappin wouldn't happen to be the same person, or brothers, would you?

I replied to a moderator's post because it seems a bit ridiculous that posts about recruits and rumors are "policed" more stringently than "rape smack"

Comment

Oh man, "every post" -- talk about an overgeneralization. Yes, with you I question the logic of statements. Because, well, they either attack a new poster for posting on a thread or attack a coach with a winning record's "mediocrity." No twisting there, sport. You and Cappin wouldn't happen to be the same person, or brothers, would you?

I replied to a moderator's post because it seems a bit ridiculous that posts about recruits and rumors are "policed" more stringently than "rape smack"
                    Mod's I think we have went past the post's no posters rule a few post's back Agreed?
                    Last edited by slosho; 11-17-2017, 12:25 PM. Reason: missing letters

Comment

Kids, don't make me turn this car around!
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

SCRU THE U!!!!

That is all!

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                          SCRU THE U!!!!

That is all!

SUPERBUNNY
                          Is it? I feel distinctly that there was more after that in the past.

Comment

Let's keep it simple!

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

More #FakeNews. Are you Jake Tapper? Seriously, keep going, I'm almost there..............

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                                Kids, don't make me turn this car around!
                                You can turn the car around, but please increase to a high rate of speed and I will open the door and throw out the trash!

Comment

Working...
                                X